Emily and Ben's Wedding TR: 11.19.07 SBP/Attic/Lower UK- With Misty Miotto Pics!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecoon

Mouseketeer
Hi all, I haven't posted on here in a while (too busy) but I thought would share my wedding story and hopefully if any of you are looking at these locations or vendors for your wedding it will help you out!

Wedding Info
Type: Wishes Wedding
Ceremony Location: SeaBreeze Point
Reception Location: The Attic
Planner: Jennifer O'Leary
Officant: Rev. Randal Miller
Photographer: Misty Miotto
Hair/Makeup: Velencia Salon on Wheels
Hotel: Three nights at the Boardwalk and three nights at the Wilderness Lodge

It was an amazing wedding day and trip and the best part is I married my best friend, so I coudn't have asked for more. :love: There was only one problem, which included us missing half of our dessert party :scared: but overall I had a truly amazing wonderful wedding!

Here are a few teaser pics...
n753088704_249927_5290.jpg

n753088704_247708_5314.jpg

Day One November 16th: Heading to Disney!

We woke up at 4:00am, my FIL was picking us up at 4:45 and out flight was leaving at 6:00am. I had barely gotten any sleep, I don't think I even fell asleep until 1:00am so we were very sleepy. As you can tell in this picture...Ben was being dumb be/c he said he knew it was for my TR and he wanted to look excited. Here we are at the airport waiting for our plane.

100_1895.jpg

Our flights were pretty uneventful, which was good. When we got to FL we headed down to the magical express and I was SO excited! When we got to the Boardwalk I almost started crying...pathetic I know but I kept thinking our wedding was just a few days away and the Boardwalk had been decorated for Christmas and it was so pretty. We checked into our room and I just about ran down the hall to get to it. I was excited to see our room. I couldn't believe we were finally there.

I was happy it seemed pretty big, we were going to have alot of people getting ready in there. We got the room with a child bed in it, which made it a little more spacious.

100_1897.jpg

100_1898.jpg

100_1900.jpg

I was really excited about our view. I assumed we would get a view of the parking lot, but we got a view of this lovely little fountain and courtyard. Plus the quite pool and hot tub was right out side our room too.

100_1903.jpg

I was so happy to be there and that our wedding was just a few days away, I was jumping up and down! Then I decided to kick back on the balcony.

100_1905.jpg

And then we posed for some picutures. Excuse how awful I looked, I had been on a plane since 6:00am, my hair was a little crazy.

100_1906.jpg

Ben was beat and wanted to take a nap, but I was too excited and hungry to sleep. So I convinced him to walk over to Epcot with me to get some lunch and pick up some last min things for my family's welcome bags. While we were there enjoying a drum and fife (sp?) band my mom called and said that they were there. They had driven down and had just gotten checked in to the campground. They were going to drive all the dresses and welcome bags over to me so we needed to get back the the boardwalk.

We got back to the Boardwalk and met my parents, brother (Josh) and SIL (Leah). They had brought my wedding dress, the BM dresses, groomswomen dresses, and all the welcome bags. Ben chatted with them for a few min and then decided to go MK to meet his dad and cousin for MVMCP. My mom and I would come later after we got everything squared away.

After he left I took the welcome bags for the Boardwalk to the front desk. I explained to the woman what I was doing and asked if there was any chance they could also send some to CSR and All-star Movies. She said they don't typically do it but she would got in the back and ask the "runner". When she came out she said it wouldn't be a problem if I got them too her right away. I was so happy, I REALLY didn't want to drive around to all the resorts. And all of them go there too!

Well after we got situated with the welcome bags my mom and I headed over to MK. Ben, his dad, and his cousin were already there and the rest of my family (my dad, brother and SIL) had decided they didn't want to go. Mom and I caught a bus to MK and the rest went to the ESPN club for dinner, they said it was very good but noisy.

However, before we left I grabbed a pictures of the Boardwalk's Gingerbread house. They were just putting it together when we checked in and I was SO happy. It was like the made it for me, I kept telling Ben it was a sign! (Donald Duck is my favorite character!)
100_1908.jpg

When we got to MK we called Ben cause he had picked up our tickets at the ticket window. He met us and the front and he looked very happy. His family has never really understood why we go to disney so much and why we go at Christmas time. He said when he walked in with his dad and Jeffery, Wishes started as they walked up Main Street. He said his dad was totally amazed by Wishes and saying how impressed he was with Disney. Which made us both happy.

We grabbed a bite to eat and rode POTC. No line and I actually started to notices that is was pretty much empty at the park, hardly anyone there. I think since it was only the 2nd MVMCP and it was so early in the season that not many people were going yet. But it was great for first timers, cause they got to ride everything with no lines!

After that we decided we needed hot chocholate and cookies! We looked at the map to find out where we could find it and saw there was a station at the Diamond Horseshoe Review. We got there and also saw the the Woody's Roundup Gang was there. Just wandering around and there were so few people there we just walked right up to get pictures.

My mom with one of her favorites
100_1910.jpg

As we walked outside one of the county bears chased my mom down and walked with her.
100_1909.jpg

We rode the Haunted Mansion and then we made out way into fantasy land (after getting more cookies and coco!) to find donald! I was so happy to get my picture with him all dressed a like a woodsman!

100_1913.jpg

While they were waiting for me to get my picture the Queen of Hearts chased down Ben's dad and made him kiss her hand.
100_1918.jpg

We rode the tea cups and then walked out front to see the Chirstmas additon of wishes. It was SO good. I had never seen it before and they had this awesome nuctcracker part that was really cool. We also got to sit right in the middle of main street in the little circle thing in front of the castle cause no one was there! After the fireworks we rose Big thunder, and space mountian (NO LINES) and then got a few pics with Scrooge! I was so happy to see him cause I have never gotten picutres with this duck!

He gave me a kiss...
100_1921.jpg

And then we posed...
100_1923.jpg

We watched a little bit of of the parade before we left, I took picutres of the ducks...

Donald and Daisy in the horse drawn carraige
100_1927.jpg

Scrooge...not the best pics but oh well...
100_1933.jpg

After that we were exhusted and cold (it was very chilly that night). Parted at the bus stop and Ben and I went back to the Boardwalk and I think I was asleep before I even hit the pillow!

Next up: The Bridesmaids arrive and bachelorette/bachelor parties.

YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL!
I CAN'T WAIT TO READ MORE!! AND SEE MORE PICTS!:goodvibes
CONGRATS!!!!!

Congratulations!!:cheer2:

Sounds very exciting - I'm already hooked!!:surfweb:

Looking forward to reading some more!!:yay:

You looked beautiful- I love your dress and the bridesmaids dresses (I :love: pickup skirts!)

Congratulations! We're having Donald and Daisy at our wedding, they're my favorites :)

Sounds great so far. Can't wait to hear more (expecially about your desert party). We are getting married next November 10 at Epcot and a reception at ADH and an IllumiNations desert party at UK Lower. Don't want any problems.

Linda

Congratulations!! Your dress looks so beautiful!!

I can't wait to read more. We are booked for SBP, The Attic and the Upper UK on May 5!! And I am sending Misty Miotto the contract and deposit tomorrow or Tuesday! I can't wait to hear how everything was.

FIREFLY01: Thanks!

BrcsDisneyPrncs: I love my cake too...there will be lots more pics of it!

PRINCESSAJ: Thank you!

helloirishkitty: Thank you! I am a pick-up skirt fan too (as you can see!)

lpizzuro123: Oh Nov. is a great month to get married! You will definitly want to hear about the dessert party...but the good news is, everything worked out in the end.

hope1826: Thank you! Wow, we are practically having the same wedding!

Day 2: Saturday November 17th

At 11:00 my two bridesmaids called and said they were on the magical express. They also said they had just decided to be going to the parks as soon as they got there. I decided I could go with them, the last bridesmaid was flying in at 4:00 and I would have to meet her but I could go with them for a while. (Note: The reason I had to meet all the bridesmaids was because I had their room keys cause they were staying with me before the wedding. The cool thing was my planner had made sure they were listed at juniors so I wouldn't get charged an extra person fee, saved us $50 a night!)

So they got there and we were off to the parks!

We went in through the Epcot back entrance.
n70201749_30672484_7065.jpg

Us on the monorail
n70201749_30672486_7632.jpg

As soon as we got to MK my friend wanted to hit the bakery to get a ice cream sandwich. I didn't even know they made these. Two warm chocolate chip cookies and ice cream. We all split it, it was very good, I highly recommend them!
100_1956.jpg

We went and posed for some pics in front of the castle.
100_1957.jpg

We rode space mountain, the haunted mansion, and then went to the laugh floor. At this point, my 4th bridesmaid called and said her flight had just landed and I had to leave to go meet her at the Boardwalk. It was a fun afternoon though and I was so happy to have had the chance to hang out with some of my best friends in the happiest place on earth!

We were planning on doing the bachelorette/bachelor parties that night (Jointly). Frist we were going to eat dinner and then hit some of the BW bars. After everyone got back form the parks we decided we wanted to eat at the Big River Grill and Brewing Works. One of my bridesmaids made me this lovely hat to wear...:rolleyes:
100_1964.jpg

I got a pomagrante martini as my first drink and got a cheese burger to eat. Everything was very yummy and everyone was happy with their food.

Bridesmaid (Friend from Highschool) and me
100_1969.jpg

Bridesmaids (college roommates) and me
100_1971.jpg

SIL/MOH and our food
100_1972.jpg

On the far left is my burger, middle is my brother/best man's meat loaf, and my SIL/MOH is eating some kind of chicken. I highly recommend this resturant.

While we were eating I got a second drink, a peachy thing, and the peddeling piano guy came by. He asked what we were celebrating and then saw my crown. He sat and talked to us for a few min and played some wedding songs. While he was there, Illuminations started across the lake and we could see it! The piano guy said he was give us some music to go with the fireworks and he was really good with the timing, he had the fireworks memorized for he could do the music really well! It was cool.

Ben with the piano guy in the background.
100_1970.jpg

As he peddled away, he played "I'm getting married in the morning" from my fair lady. It was very cute.

We went in Jelly Rolls and one of my bridesmaids bought me a sex on the beach. It was huge and so sweet, it was actually kinda gross. We were having a good time singing along dancing a little bit. Jelly Rolls was a lot of fun but it wasn't the best atmosphere for this type of night. I was sick fro mthe gross drink so we left there and headed over to ADH.

Us dancing in Jelly rolls...we were the only ones dancing...and I am not so sure they wanted us to dance...
416458585503_0_ALB.jpg

When we got to ADH the dance floor was empy. My bridesmaids went to the dance floor, which was empty. I was talking to my brother, saying I wanted to leave and I turned around and the dance floor was full! Apparently everyone was waiting for someone to start dancing. We all ended up dancing and stayed there until it closed at about 1:30.

Here are some pics at Atlantic City Dance Hall. It was really fun, good music and lots of room to dance.

Group shot-here we are at the end of the night
596119585503_0_ALB.jpg

Next Up: Rehersal, and rehersal dinner.

Great reading - can't wait for more.

Glad to hear everything worked out in the end for your desert party.

I have to ask if you did the MK shoot. I really want to do this but do not want the new lights on the castle. They are beautiful and look amazing when they are turned on - but not sure how they will look in the morning for a MK shoot.

Linda

Great reading - can't wait for more.

Glad to hear everything worked out in the end for your desert party.

I have to ask if you did the MK shoot. I really want to do this but do not want the new lights on the castle. They are beautiful and look amazing when they are turned on - but not sure how they will look in the morning for a MK shoot.

Linda

Linda: No we didn't do the MK shoot. It was just WAY too early for me to get up...haha. However, I have seen the castle with the new lights on and lights off and durring the daylight hours with the lights off you can hardly see that they are there.

Day 3: Day before the wedding!

Three of my four bridesmaids had stayed in my room the night before andwe all got up and headed out to the BW for breakfast. Here we are on the BW, you can see I am not really bright eyed and bushy tailed!

n70201749_30672540_9971.jpg

I pretty much spent the whole day relaxing and making sure all my stuff was ready for the next day. I called the planner, photographer, and the hair/makeup people to let them know what room I was in. I ironed my dress for the rehersal and other than that basically just relaxed.

Our resheral was at 3:00. When my family and adventuring bridesmaids got there, we made sure we and had all the stuff we needed to give to the planner: ceremony CD, cake topper, card holder, and biorice. And then we headed to SBP!

I met Jennifer, our planner, for the 1st time. (Since my orginal planner quit after my planning session, I never had met Jennifer.)

And we met Rev. Randall Miller. He was terrific! He was cracking jokes left and right and just made everyone feel comfortable. I have to say, having Rev. Miller was probably the BEST decision we made. He was AMAZING. I will go into more details at the ceremony recap. He went around and introduced himself to everyone. He chatted with my dad about sports for awhile (he used to be the minister for the Cowboys) and completely put my nervous dad at ease. Rev. Miller was just a terrific guy.

The rerhersal went very well, we all had fun and laughed alot. Here are some pics...of course I had to wear the ears...

P1013333.jpg

n753088704_253809_7089.jpg

P1013328.jpg

n753088704_253807_6605.jpg

n753088704_253808_6840.jpg

When we finsihed Rev. Miller clasped Ben and my shoulders and gave us a little pep talk (felt like we were in a football huddle). He told us to enjoy dinner, get some sleep and be there tomorrow expecting a fairy tale. He really got us pumped up! I can't say enough, HIRE HIM!

Then we headed over to Fort Wilderness for our rehersal dinner. I really wanted to have it here because this I always stayed as a child (it is where my parents still stay most of the time) and it just had SO many great memories for me. I kinda feel like I grew up there,

Of course, I am an idiot. Our rehersal ended at 3:30 so I told everyone to go back to their rooms and we would meet in the lobby at 4:00 (dinner was at 5:00). Now I know disney transportation is slow and I even put in the letter I placed the welcome bags that when traveling with disney transport, give yourself 1.5 hours. So I don't know why i didn't take my own advice, we should have left at 3:30. We had decided not the charter a bus since there was really only about 10 people who needed transportation cause they didn't have a rental car. So we were going to take a bus to MK and then a boat to FW. Well, of course, we just miss the bus when we get to the bus stop and they just miss the boat when we get to MK.

Here is a pic of us on the boat...
n817942919_225900_7534.jpg

We had a buffet set up for us at Clementine beach, it was a really nice setting and was lovely night out. The food was great! We had...

NY Strip Steak
BBQ chicken
Garden Salad
Pasta Salad
Cole Slaw
corn on the cob
Build your own bake potato
Hot apple cobbler and vanilla ice cream

Here is the buffet tables, you can see the lake in the background.
P1013342.jpg

Another bufffet shot...
P1013341.jpg

The table set under the trees. The tables are empty cause everyone is in line for the yummy food. We also gave out favors that you can kinda see on the table. They are old fashioned jars with salt water taffy inside.
P1013343.jpg

I made the rounds:
P1013353.jpg

This is my grandma...she is 80 and has only left our small home town about 3 times in the past 50 years, so this was a BIG deal for her. My brother took her shopping at her hotel and got her a mickey mouse shirt, mickey mouse purse, new crocs, and mickey earings.

P1013354.jpg

The food was great and everyone was raving about that. It was very casual and a beautiful setting. I am really glad we decided to have the dinner there.

After dinner we boared the boats to go back to MK and then to our respective hotels. Ben was staying with his dad at CSR and I was at the BW with my bridesmaids. When we got to MK we were going on separate buses. It was funny cause I turned around to kiss Ben goodnight and I was like "see ya tomorrow!" and started to walk away without really thinking. Then Ben was like, "yup, see you walking down the aisle!" I burst out laughing and realized I should have done a more formal goodbye.

So we went back to our room, painted our toe nails, talked, I took a bath and we went to bed. I really, really wanted a goodnights sleep. After all....tomorrow was my wedding day :woohoo: .

Next up: The Wedding Day!

What a FUN report! How did you like SBP as a ceremony location? My boyfriend and I are soon to be engaged :goodvibes and hopefully married in the next year/ year and a half. i thought sbp looked great, but i'm afraid 1) it will rain and then will where we go? and 2) there will be too many random people around 3) it will be too hot!

i can't wait to see how it went for you. thanks for the teaser pics (and i love the pics in your sig!) hoping for more soon! :goodvibes :goodvibes

What a FUN report! How did you like SBP as a ceremony location? My boyfriend and I are soon to be engaged :goodvibes and hopefully married in the next year/ year and a half. i thought sbp looked great, but i'm afraid 1) it will rain and then will where we go? and 2) there will be too many random people around 3) it will be too hot!

i can't wait to see how it went for you. thanks for the teaser pics (and i love the pics in your sig!) hoping for more soon! :goodvibes :goodvibes

Erin: Congrats! I loved SBP! 1.) It is pretty well covered so I assume that unless it was a downpour, you could still get married there if it was sprinkling. But the back up location is in one of the boardwalk ballrooms, so you would def have a back up no matter what. Your planner would book it for you. 2.) I don't even remember random people at all. There must have been some but I was so wrapped up in the moment I didn't notice. Plus, it is fun to have random people see you! Everyone is so nice to brides there, it is fun. 3.) We had the 2:30 time slot...hottest part of the day! But it was Novemeber and it was like a high of 78, so we were okay. We had a short ceremony.

Hope this helps!

Looks like so much fun!

Where did you get the b'maid dresses? Or rather, who was the manufacturer? Those dresses are wonderful! (as is your gown, of course!!!)

I love your trip report so far! I can't wait to read more! Congrats on your marriage! You are so getting me excited for our wedding in January!

-TT

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter