Enjoying BCV right now...any Qs?

Hope your having a great trip...Going to BCV in Aug:cool1:

I am leaving on 5-22 for SSR....
Are there a lot of LOVEBUGS around now....

Also....are the forest fires still going....any smoke around?
Thanks
Kerri

can you do me a favor and ask Art when his birthday is in Nov?
When i spoke w/him a few wks ago he said he's taking off his birthday week in Nov but I never did find out what week it is.
I'll be there 11/9-16 celebrating my 50th and wondering if he'll be there or on vacation
thank you

....plus you get to watch the laundry carts take that turn too fast. We've seen two turn over so far!! And from the reaction of the CMs who come and help turn it upright it must happen ALL the time :)

:lmao: Learn something new everyday on the DIS!! How funny! I need that view next time!

BVC23, I like that 'fairyring' desciptor. :tink: Adds a little magic to the place. Is there a reason for that ring/oval?

When I saw the post asking what the distinct smell was, my first thought was "The ocean air, of course!!" I'm glad others agree!!

If you have a saltwater aquarium tank, it smells almost the same. That's the closest thing I can find to the smell of the Beach Club.

And if you notice, the Yacht Club doesn't smell anything like that.....

Can you bring your own tubes to use at SAB? If so, what kind? (I think I heard they have to be clear, not colored however, I can't seem to find any around here...)

What do you mean by fairy ring area? We just got back yesterday from BCV. We were 4th floor pool side. I think next time I would like something a little quieter. There was some really loud screaming at the BCV pool late at night and then the next day the hot tub there was closed and drained. It looked like they had to replace a tile or two.

Is that the *oval view*?? That's funny. I didn't realize that when I read erikthewise's thread.

Now I know what to ask for at the front desk ;)

Yes, I should have put a laugh symbol in my response to Erik. Back when BCV was brand new there were a fair number of jokes about that oval's purpose.

I sure can. It is Aquage Sea Salt Texturizing Spray. Here is a link to a website that sells it -Aquage. I wonder if they make candles :scratchin.

Thanks, Pocahantas!:thumbsup2 I'll have to look for that when we get home.

Hope your having a great trip...Going to BCV in Aug:cool1:

I am leaving on 5-22 for SSR....
Are there a lot of LOVEBUGS around now....

Also....are the forest fires still going....any smoke around?
Thanks
Kerri

Yes, there are lovebugs right now but they really aren't too bad....yet. Certain spots seem to be thick with them but for the most part no problem.

One afternoon the air was really hazy from the fires but I have rather severe asmtha and had no problems. I think the haze is high enough. I haven't smelled anything. I haven't hear any discussion of them either but I no everyone wants rain.

So many of you have trips coming up! psu4glory, Nennie, Pocahantas and alldiz, have wonderful trips!

:lmao: Learn something new everyday on the DIS!! How funny! I need that view next time!

BVC23, I like that 'fairyring' desciptor. :tink: Adds a little magic to the place. Is there a reason for that ring/oval?

Lisa, it sounds like time to start a new thread so we can all make guesses. :rotfl:

BTW, I made it over to the AKV models and they really are more impressive in person. The living room and master bath are both very spacious. I can't remember if you've seen them yet but know you're one of the AKV experts.

Can you bring your own tubes to use at SAB? If so, what kind? (I think I heard they have to be clear, not colored however, I can't seem to find any around here...)

Sorry, I'm not sure what the current policy is. My DH took our son to SAB this trip but I wasn't along. I did walk by any number of times but didn't notice. I have seen colored see through tubes in the past though. Perhaps call and ask? Sorry!

What do you mean by fairy ring area? We just got back yesterday from BCV. We were 4th floor pool side. I think next time I would like something a little quieter. There was some really loud screaming at the BCV pool late at night and then the next day the hot tub there was closed and drained. It looked like they had to replace a tile or two.

kmermaid, it sounds like you were just above us a few floors. I have to roust the troops now and get off to MK (we've been at the GF since Friday) but I'll rspond to your other thread later. The whirlpool did reopen on Thursday. I actually didn't hear any late night noise but perhaps we were all sound asleep by then.:confused3

SOunds like you are having a lovely vacation.

My SIL read on the Disney site that there is a 24 hour playground at the BC. I can't recall ever seeing this :confused3

Have you seen it or know where it is?
TIA!

I always thought the bcv lobby smelled like baby powder. The smell is very consistent; I also suspect scent-in-a-can.

Can someone give me some opinions on a first floor room request at BCV? We will be going in August w/2 toddlers and I thought this might be a good idea/request (strollers,etc)
thanks

SOunds like you are having a lovely vacation.

My SIL read on the Disney site that there is a 24 hour playground at the BC. I can't recall ever seeing this :confused3

Have you seen it or know where it is?
TIA!

The maps of Beach & Yacht Club (http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/g_bc.htm) do not show a playground, and the "Tide Tribune" Directory of Service given to all guests at check-in does not mention one. I've never seen one either. All this does not prove there isn't one, but it strongly suggests so.

We just checked in (between 2:30 & 3 this afternoon--our studio was ready at check-in...yay!)...we have a first floor room (facing the walking path out to the walkway to Epcot)...it's lovely...at first we thought "oh wow...how quick and easy is THIS to get to Epcot...but then realized we can't lock the patio door after us when we leave...so while you'd have to push your stroller across a small strip of flower bed and grass, it does seem it would be VERY easy--but only if one of you was willing to circle around the front so you could lock your door behind you (or let you in if you're on the way back)...

We love our room assignment (we made no requests)...it's closer than we've ever been to Epcot (our favorite park) and very, very close to the lobby (which as all BCV lovers know is also very close to the Marketplace)...we're happy as clams...

So far our only "challenge" has been Magical Express (which we love...but they sure weren't having a good day today!)...First, we waited for an hour and 10 minutes at the airport before they let us on a bus...then it took them around 6 hours to deliver our luggage...we got off the plane at noon...got to BCV check-in around 2:30...luggage was still not here when we left for dinner (Alfredo's...wonderful!) at 5:30...it was here when we got back around 7:30, tho...

Anyway, if this is the worst thing that happens to us this trip we're home free...the magic has taken hold and we're SO happy to be here...we love our room (which has the new sleeper sofa which makes my 19-year-old son VERY happy!)...it's clean and pretty (but strangely, there's no lock on the bathroom door...not a big deal for us, but strange)...we spent several hours at Epcot (w/an hour break in between two forays over that way...how great is it to be a 15 minute walk to Italy in one direction, Soarin' in the other?!??!!!!!!)...the flowers are mind-boggling...we caught the Grass Roots in concert at the American Pavilion...makes the glitches getting in from the airport seem like no big deal at all...

Ah, Disney magic...it restores the soul!

The maps of Beach & Yacht Club (http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/g_bc.htm) do not show a playground, and the "Tide Tribune" Directory of Service given to all guests at check-in does not mention one. I've never seen one either. All this does not prove there isn't one, but it strongly suggests so.

I thought the same thing, but on the Disney site, it says:

Playground:
Climb, slide and play to your heart's content on this 24-hour playground located adjacent to Stormalong Bay.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/resorts/resortRecListing?id=BeachClubResortRecreationListingPage

Weird huh?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter