Enjoying BCV right now...any Qs?

It may be that there is a small amount of playground equipment along with the "kid's slide" at SAB, which is on the lake side of the shipwreck, near the entrance to the big slide. It's not visible from anywhere in the BC resort -- you have to specifically go there. That would explain why no one has seen it.

thank you! That makes sense, we will be sure to check it out in September,

BCV23 Hope you are having a great time!!!!! Where besides the Cape May Cafe big character meal where is there a good breakfast stop or to bring back to room?
Thanks
Chris

There is a playground on the yacht club side of SAB near the children's shallow area of the pool. If you walked past SAB like you were heading to the boat dock, it is on the right at the last entrance just past hurricane hannah's and the shallow area of the pool. It is for little kids (my DD 11 is too big).

There is a kiddie slide at the base of the shipwreck that faces the lagoon. You have to walk onto the beach to get to it.

another {similar} question (thank you!)

When we first made our ressies, MS told me I should request top floors facing epcot so I could see the fireworks at night. Now from what I read on here, it sounds like the trees will be blocking our view so I'm not sure this makes sense anymore???

So my 2nd thought is, since we'll have my g-parents and a 2 yr old, we should try to eliminate walking as much as possible. Any suggestions for a section of rooms that will be close to (ahem, ) everything? :) ** says with a smile** i.e., epcot, marketplace, SAB?

The less walking we do at the resort means more energy for the parks!!

Many thanks!

http://tagrel.com/Tours/DVC/SAB2003/SABSlideShow.shtml

Tagrel has a picture of it in his SAB slideshow. It is the 10th picture titled 'Guppie Bay Kiddie Pool and Play Area'. I do remember seeing it, but it is very easy to miss. ( ...for good reason!)

I was wondering if that's where I remembered seeing it. It's been so long since I've been there I didn't want to misspeak. If you're in the pool and looking toward the wading pool, it's past the wading pool toward Yacht Club, right? Doesn't that wading pool have some type of spray fountain coming out of it, too? I didn't look like the play ground was very big, though, at least from where I was swimming....

My husband and I will be staying at BCV in November (split stay with our home, SSR)...and our first time at BCV...is there a good place to grab a quick breakfast before heading to the parks? We're cereal, bagel, and juice people. The less we eat to slow us down, the faster we're to the parks ;)

We can't wait to try SAB! It looks beautiful! Thanks for any suggestions!

My husband and I will be staying at BCV in November (split stay with our home, SSR)...and our first time at BCV...is there a good place to grab a quick breakfast before heading to the parks? We're cereal, bagel, and juice people. The less we eat to slow us down, the faster we're to the parks ;)

We can't wait to try SAB! It looks beautiful! Thanks for any suggestions!

We found the best place to grab a quick breakfast is in our room. That's one of the reasons we became DVC members. It is unbelievable how much money we save by buying groceries and eating some of our meals at "home". :idea:

We found the best place to grab a quick breakfast is in our room. That's one of the reasons we became DVC members. It is unbelievable how much money we save by buying groceries and eating some of our meals at "home". :idea:

I agree with you, disneynutz! And we'll eat quick breakfasts in our 1BR at SSR for the first 5 days - easier with the full kitchen. We'll have a Studio for the last 3 days at BCV and most likely won't stock that smaller fridge (except with water)...for a change, we were hoping that there'd be another option.

I was doing some searching...maybe the Beach Club Marketplace is the way to go? :)

I'm glad Jenny and Lisa (and Tagrel) cleared up the playground issue. I had completely forgotten that little area.

noname70, as DMKEDH said, with a first floor room you won't be able to exit via the sliding glass door. But a first floor room would eliminate the elevators so if that appeals to you perhaps just ask for that floor.

Chris and SwhJess, BCMarketplace has good breakfast options but they are quite limited. Omelets on croissants, a wonderful berry parfait, fesh fruit, and good pastries are the only choices besides prepackaged things to prepare in your room. We do love the croissants and especially the parfaits but wish there was a bit more variety.

Chris, another choice is the YCGalley. Breakfast there is quite good and you can order a la carte or choose the buffet (no characters). The prices are very reasonable and you're close to the dock so it can be a good choice on a Studios morning in particular.

One last thought and that is that I now actually like the BC lobby decor. When we were there in January, I didn't care for it at all. This trip I walked in and thought how pretty and fresh it looked. The lobster chairs provide a spark of warmth and the plants have relaxed a bit and now just look elegant to me. Still not used to the purple pillow though!

DMKEDH, I hope you're having a wonderful stay. You're so right. There is nothing like Disney Magic!

"
My husband and I will be staying at BCV in November (split stay with our home, SSR)...and our first time at BCV...is there a good place to grab a quick breakfast before heading to the parks? We're cereal, bagel, and juice people. The less we eat to slow us down, the faster we're to the parks"

Beach Club Marketplace sells all of the breakfast items you mentioned....quick in..quick out, and the refillable mug station is there also. Coffe's not bad!

Thanks for the good wishes, BCV23...happy to report we're having a blast...the perfect blend (for us for this trip) of relaxation and stimulation...we did MouseQuest today--came in last (out of six groups), but had SO much fun--will comment more on this in the MouseQuest thread (if I can find it!)...I also went by the sales center at SSR (had to stop by "home"...I missed it (also missed Beach Club when we were at SSR in November....mmm...I fear another bout of addonitis may be incubating...I find I equally love BCV and SSR)...anyway, back to pre-parenthesis: saw the models of the Animal Kingdom Villas...very, very pretty! The studio seems about the same as all the DVC studios (except, of course, for theming of decorations), altho the bathroom is noticeably bigger...but the one-bedroom is MUCH bigger than all the DVC 1-BRs we've seen (haven't seen Wilderness Lodge, but have seen the rest), except for OKW...and that second bathroom is an awfully nice feature!

The love bugs are a pain at the bus stops...for some reason, I haven't noticed them anywhere else...not the pools or the parks or downtown Disney...but they've been at every bus stop and they're the most annoying obnoxious bugs! Oh, well...if they stick to the bus stops we're home free!

My son-the-boss-of-this-trip has just announced we are going to AK tomorrow morning for EMH/opening...yay! I'm going to wander over to Animal Kingdom Lodge either tomorrow afternoon or maybe Thursday to check it out...have only been there once before, and that was when I was out jogging (from the All Stars) a bunch of years ago...not sure that counts! I want to see what everyone loves so much...

Saw the little playground area people have been talking about...it's tiny, but cute...at the far end of SAB, closer to the Yacht Club, and closer to the walk-way...not sure it's "24-hour" since it's part of SAB...so maybe there's another playground somewhere we haven't seen...but at 19, my DS is beyond playground days so they're not something I tend to look for or notice...

Life is good...Disney Magic is in ascendance...no complaints, no problems, no worries (hakuna matata!)...wish I could stay here forever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter