Epcot Construction Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what I expected for the Harmonius setup, but from the one barge so far I do think it's a larger lagoon footprint than I was expecting. It's not so much the lagoon footprint that bothers me as the height of the setup. As tall as they all will be they really do need to use them as a fountain during the day because it would have been a real eyesore otherwise. I wonder if they plan to continue to use the Friendship boats during the day to ferry folks from Showplace plaza across the lagoon once everything is in place and the fountains are running.

I'm not sure what I expected for the Harmonius setup, but from the one barge so far I do think it's a larger lagoon footprint than I was expecting. It's not so much the lagoon footprint that bothers me as the height of the setup. As tall as they all will be they really do need to use them as a fountain during the day because it would have been a real eyesore otherwise. I wonder if they plan to continue to use the Friendship boats during the day to ferry folks from Showplace plaza across the lagoon once everything is in place and the fountains are running.
There are no plans to stop the boats.

Rumors at other site suggest that Harm will start testing, even without all the barges in place. Same person said could potentially be a NYE experience, preview, etc.

It sounds like the Harmonious barges will be a permanent fixture of the lagoon and basically there won't be a view across the lagoon any more. When you look out all you'll see are the big barges.

But if there are daytime water shows, it’s not going to be as much of a distracting obstruction. Why don’t we see what comes of this before saying the vantage point of World Showcase is ruined.

But if there are daytime water shows, it’s not going to be as much of a distracting obstruction. Why don’t we see what comes of this before saying the vantage point of World Showcase is ruined.
Exactly. And I’m hoping the main barge (the giant ring) will be positions centrally so that if you’re at American Adventure and look straight across Spaceship Earth will be centered in the ring. That would be a cool picture and view.

They could also use the LEDs on the barge as a cloaking feature so when you’re looking at it, what you see on the barge screen would be what you’d see directly across the lagoon. Because it seems like a stationary platform it would make it much easier to do something like that.

They could also use the LEDs on the barge as a cloaking feature so when you’re looking at it, what you see on the barge screen would be what you’d see directly across the lagoon. Because it seems like a stationary platform it would make it much easier to do something like that.

Except the country that you would see on the "other side" of the LED screen would change every 200' you walk around the lagoon

They could just put a picture of the guardians gravity building, then nobody could even see the barge.

I saw it and it is not pretty.
I guess they didn’t use the same Bellagio designers for consulting.

Except the country that you would see on the "other side" of the LED screen would change every 200' you walk around the lagoon

The Islands that sit on the lagoon don’t move when you walk country to country either. If it’s a crap show and people still complain, they could always go back to moving it in and out for the nighttime show. I’m sure they made this thing with the sight lines in mind and felt the shows they’re going to put on during the day offset that reaction. It’s not like the barge is taking up 3/4 of the lagoon. It’s still a small footprint compared to the size of the lagoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter