Erin and Jarrett’s PJ---new Misty photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
a few more things: df and i chose the grand floridian for our free room night. we're going to stay at the boardwalk before our wedding and after (it's our favorite), but our reception is at the gf, so we figured it would be nice and private there our first night as husband and wife. and we're not staying together the night before the wedding. i'm staying with my girl friends, and he's staying with his best man. i just want to have that anticipation before we see eachother, when i walk down the aisle. thanks for all of your advice though! we just thought the gf would be the best fit for us.

a few more pics: i was thinking this for my bouquet in white
174604peony.jpg

i don't know how expensive peonies will be though in december. any recommendations on floral outside of disney? i think since we're not having an "in the park" wedding, we should take advantage of having a florist off site.

also i really like these bridesmaid dresses from jcrew:
62983_RD5898.jpg

but i want red red, like a deep christmas red since we're having a december wedding. does anyone have any suggestions?

can you tell i'm bored? i'm a 6th grade teacher, but i had foot surgery. this is my last day (hopefully) till the doctor clears me to go back. my df is actually subbing for me. so... i'm spending my last day not grading the papers my df brought home for me; i'm on the disboards and watching knocked up!! :happytv:

I just came across your PJ so let me say congrats!! Can't wait to hear all about it. I love your dress gorgous.

I just came across your PJ so let me say congrats!! Can't wait to hear all about it. I love your dress gorgous.

Thank you so much! I tried on a few of the big ballgown princess type of dresses with the huge train and all, but I'm 5'3", and I felt like a cupcake in them. I just felt that the dress that I got was totally me.

So I don't know if anyone can help me with the whole centerpiece thing. It seems to be so much easier to go over budget than under, and I think the easiest thing to cut back on is floral/centerpieces. I thought about using sticks, since my wedding is in Dec- (kind of a winter wonderland theme).
something like this:
sticks-1.jpg

or the left hand side of this:
a12.jpg

Sticks could be even more expensive than flowers though. I have no idea. My planning session isn't until July, and I think it's going to be really difficult to wait that long to figure all of this out. So, I turn to all of you helpful disbrides out there. Please help. :sad2:

Hi!!! I must have missed your PJ when you first made it. I'm so glad I found it!! Everything looks great so far! Your dress is very pretty and I love Peonies! They smell so good. Your engagement photo is very nice..I like your dress in the picture.

Hi!!! I must have missed your PJ when you first made it. I'm so glad I found it!! Everything looks great so far! Your dress is very pretty and I love Peonies! They smell so good. Your engagement photo is very nice..I like your dress in the picture.

Thanks so much! I picked that dress in the pic b/c I thought it was very "boardwalky". I'll definitely post more pics when I get the disc back. I love peonies too... just don't know if I can afford them. I've been really bad about updating my PJ, but I'm definitely going to try and be better at it. After my surgery, all I'm supposed to do it lie around, so at least being on the disboards makes me feel productive. :goodvibes One more thing I forgot to mention earlier was the my DF and I are dying to go to Hawaii for our honeymoon. We're going to stay in Disney 5 days after the wedding, but most of our family members are too. We definitely want to enjoy that time with them, but we also want to go somewhere else to just be together. My DF's aunt is giving us her time share :banana: ; however, she has to trade hers in order to get us Hawaii. If Hawaii doesn't happen, does anyone know a location that would be lush and tropical like Hawaii? I want to be able to go on hikes and see volcanoes, and have more of an active honeymoon. Any suggestions?

side happy note: DF and I booked the Royal Pacifa for when we go to our planning session in July. I know I know, it's not Disney, but come on, the pool is crazy!!! I'm really excited about it, and I might sound like a traitor in saying this, but Tchoup chop is the most amazing restaurant ever!! We want to have our rehearsal dinner there. So good! It might redeem me in saying we're also staying at Old Key West. I don't know how I feel about staying in a resort that's first word is "Old", but I've heard good things. We'll see. Here's a pic of Tchoup chop:
interior_nopeople.jpg

The restaurant looks fabulous. I like the first pic of the sticks. I have no idea how much they would cost but you can always ask your consultant. I gave her a list of everything I wanted, including menus and floral and she was able to come back with a proposal that gave me an idea where I needed to cut back.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your gown. The peonies would go perfectly with it. That place in Old Key West is beautiful!!

I love the idea of the sticks that look like trees for a winter wedding. If I walked into something like that I would definitely think winter wonderland!!!

I can't wait for more posts on your PJ!!

The restaurant looks fabulous. I like the first pic of the sticks. I have no idea how much they would cost but you can always ask your consultant. I gave her a list of everything I wanted, including menus and floral and she was able to come back with a proposal that gave me an idea where I needed to cut back.

Thanks for the advice. I just really don't know if I can wait until July. I'm thinking about using an off site florist, cause I've heard they tend to be much cheaper. But then I have the fear of going over budget when you starting using too many non-Disney vendors.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your gown. The peonies would go perfectly with it. That place in Old Key West is beautiful!!

I love the idea of the sticks that look like trees for a winter wedding. If I walked into something like that I would definitely think winter wonderland!!!

I can't wait for more posts on your PJ!!

Thank you so much! I'm kind of biased but I love love love my dress too :banana: That's why I had to buy it right there on the spot. I have my first fitting in June. Can't wait! The picture I posted was actually not in Old Key West. It's a restaurant called Tchoup chop (one of Emeril's), and it's located on Universal property. It's my favorite restaurant. The atmosphere is truly amazing and the food and service are even better. I highly recommend the butter lettuce salad with drunken goat cheese and mango miso dressing. I'm getting hungry now. I'm not quite sure how we're going to transport the entire wedding party over there for the rehearsal dinner, but I can't see having it anywhere else.

The picture I posted was actually not in Old Key West. It's a restaurant called Tchoup chop (one of Emeril's), and it's located on Universal property. It's my favorite restaurant. The atmosphere is truly amazing and the food and service are even better. I highly recommend the butter lettuce salad with drunken goat cheese and mango miso dressing.

Ahhh that is good to know. Sometime during our honeymoon we are going to Universal and that would be a great place to eat!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you refer to your center peices as sticks! I know that's what they are but still... It's comical! I love the way they look though, kinda whimsical with all the lights and candles. Very pretty.

I would love to see more Misty engagement photos. We will be down in WDW the last week of May for our planning session and we have an engagement shoot scheduled with Misty. I am so excited. Not sure what we will be wearing yet or even where to do the photos. We were thinking of two locations and two changes of outfits. I originally wanted her to do the Poly and WL and I was going to get Disney to to GF. I was just able to book the Poly through Disney (they just started the $25 photos shoots there if you prepurchase photopass) so we might have Misty do WL and GF.

Please tell me how things went. I just love her style of photos and I can't wait one month.

Thanks,
Linda

Ahhh that is good to know. Sometime during our honeymoon we are going to Universal and that would be a great place to eat!!!
Definitely definitely go there. It's in the Royal Pacifica resort. Ask to be sat by the lilly pads.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you refer to your center peices as sticks! I know that's what they are but still... It's comical! I love the way they look though, kinda whimsical with all the lights and candles. Very pretty.
Thanks... I was going for cheap, but I'll definitely take whimsical.:rotfl:

I would love to see more Misty engagement photos. We will be down in WDW the last week of May for our planning session and we have an engagement shoot scheduled with Misty. I am so excited. Not sure what we will be wearing yet or even where to do the photos. We were thinking of two locations and two changes of outfits. I originally wanted her to do the Poly and WL and I was going to get Disney to to GF. I was just able to book the Poly through Disney (they just started the $25 photos shoots there if you prepurchase photopass) so we might have Misty do WL and GF.

Please tell me how things went. I just love her style of photos and I can't wait one month.

Thanks,
Linda
Misty was great. You'll really love working with her. We shot at the Boardwalk, and it was awesome. All of the pictures are so different, it looks like we shot at 5 different locations... at least. Unfortunately, the disc we got was defective, so I don't have any more pictures yet. I'll definitely post more when I get them though.

I just found your PJ and am very excited to be following along with your planning. I can't wait to see the rest of your e-pictures. I'm really bummed that I didn't plan a e-picture session for when we are there in too weeks:confused3

Jarrett's in the studio tonight, so I'm in bed watching my Detroit Tigers beat the Yankees :banana: and of course... on the Disboards. I seriously feel like i have an addiction. There has to be some sort of rehab group for disney brides once they're done planning their weddings. Actually, I'm sure that'll be an upcoming Oprah episode with some sort of social counselor talking about addictions in different forms. Okay, I digress. I was cake hunting today online. If I was a millionaire, I'd choose one of these...

pillow2.jpg

silvermadhatter.jpg

1castlecake2.jpg

...except the third one would be a direct recreation of Cindy's castle. I haven't received anything about cake prices yet, so that's why I can fantasize... but knowing me I'll probably end up with something like this...

BDayCake.jpg

Dislovr-Don't worry about the engagement session. That's what photoshop is for. My DF and I forgot to take pics when we vaca-ed in Maine, but we have pictures of us in front of Bushy's house in Kennebunkport. :woohoo: Anything is possible!

I might be able to help with the sticks!

When I asked for something similar, my floral planner called it "curly willow"... I was quoted $65 apiece for two altar pieces with curly willow, plus $8 each for simple cone vases - pretty cheap considering my original altar pieces, ficus trees, were $150 apiece! And $65 for a centerpiece isn't bad (not that you'll get an identical quote) - our original centerpieces were $115 apiece.

Here are the pictures I sent her so you can see what she based her quote on...

TreesinVases.jpg

BranchCenterpiece.jpg

wrappedvases.jpg

I love the first cake! Someone else posted that on here before however for some reason Disney said they couldn't do it. :confused3
I find that hard to believe but whatever im not them. I thought they would do just about anything for the right price. However not like I can afford their "right" price.

I might be able to help with the sticks!

When I asked for something similar, my floral planner called it "curly willow"... I was quoted $65 apiece for two altar pieces with curly willow, plus $8 each for simple cone vases - pretty cheap considering my original altar pieces, ficus trees, were $150 apiece! And $65 for a centerpiece isn't bad (not that you'll get an identical quote) - our original centerpieces were $115 apiece.

Here are the pictures I sent her so you can see what she based her quote on...

TreesinVases.jpg

BranchCenterpiece.jpg

wrappedvases.jpg

Thanks so much Carrie! That actually helps a lot! Yours is the first price I've seen with any sort of centerpiece, so I really appreciate it! I'm just trying to find something cheap without screaming cheap, but I have a feeling we might start to look outside of Disney floral (gasp, shock, horror).

Okay, these are my earrings for the big day. I love them right now, but we'll see if I love them in 6 months. They're the canary ones...

earrings.jpg

I highly recommend roberta chiarella. Her website is awesome when it comes to wedding jewelry. I got this pair of earrings from a store that sells her merchandise, but the website is so great as well. You get a free gift with every purchase. I swear, I don't work for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter