Erin and Jarrett’s PJ---new Misty photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

babiebelle

Mouseketeer
Since I’ve spent the past 2 nights up until 12:30 reading planning journals, I finally decided to admit that I’m addicted and try my own.

The Proposal :love:
2007-12-18disney_0067-1.jpg

Unfortunately, I wasn’t always a Disney fanatic. I met my fiancé 3 years ago, and he quickly transformed me. We planned a trip after 6 months of dating, and I knew I was hooked. Standing at the Boardwalk, we took in our last few moments of the trip. I asked Jarrett to promise me that we’d come back. He promised, and we’ve made 9 trips down since. Our most recent was this past December, and I stood in front of my hunny watching Wishes from Main Street. I tried to not let the screaming child in the distance ruin that moment, and I stood there… elated. Jarrett had his arms wrapped around me, and then I noticed his heart beating… LOUDLY. I thought that was odd, and then he took his one hand down. I reached for his arm, trying to pull it back around me, but he refused. The next thing I knew, he was down on his knee proposing. I of course said “YES!” atleast 15 times, cause I couldn’t remember if the word was actually coming out of my mouth or if I was imagining it. The ring was a tad too big, so I wrapped a Cinderella band-aid around it, showing it proudly. We quickly got buttons announcing our engagement, but unfortunately, they don’t make “Just Engaged” buttons. After several people congratulated us on our recent “marriage”, I insisted that we sharpie out the “just” and write “almost”. People still didn’t get it. Anyway, it was the single most magical night of my life. We had the rest of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party to just smile and enjoy our night. However, I felt like a 5 year old on Halloween. I seriously could not sit still. Moments after the ring was on my hand and the phone calls were made, I was carted onto The Carousel of Progress… and I love that ride… but I kept asking Jarrett questions like, “Did you ask my dad?” “What did he say?” “How long have you had the ring?” After many “shhhh’s” surfaced through the crowd, I realized that I had become that person I hate who ruins the ride for everyone. So I tried… incredibly hard… to sit still. But in all honesty, I just stared at my ring. I’m rambling now, so I’ll move on.
2007-12-18disney_0069.jpg
[/IMG]

We’re not in Kansas anymore
As soon as we boarded the plane… more like the flight from you know where… in which the flight attendant actually went on the intercom saying “in case of an emergency landing, do not get up for your overhead baggage,” I quickly realized that I was not in Disney anymore. People don’t care that you’re wearing pins declaring your engagement. People don’t notice that you’re so in love. And you definitely don’t have cast members congratulating you. Now I realize why I go through depression every time I come back. Needless to say, I knew instantly, I wanted back in my Disney bubble, and therefore had no choice but to surround myself with Disney wedding planning. So I thank all of you who have kept me in my bubble with your wonderful planning journals. Of course, I should also blame you for my lack of sleep, but I’m new here, and it probably wouldn’t be a great first impression.

More about Erin and Jarrett
Believe it or not, I’m sort of a groupie, but that word reminds me too much of Almost Famous :hippie: . Jarrett is the singer/songwriter of a band. I went to watch my brother’s band at a show in Sterling, Virginia, in Jan. 2005. I noticed the cute lead singer of the band who played before his and was in awe. I sat there, trying to look cute, hoping he’d come up to me. Unfortunately, that never happened, and I kicked myself for not making a move. After my brother was done playing, and Jarrett’s band had left, my brother said to me, “hey, the band before us has another show next Friday, wanna go?” I coolly said “yes”, and that night I spent the longest time getting ready. We went to the show, and I invited some friends to come with me and my brother. I watched Jarrett play, and I swear, he winked at me. He doesn’t remember. After the show, my friend John introduced me to Jarrett, and we spent the whole night talking. I was actually kind of disgusted with his New Jersey attitude, but I still listened to his cd all night. The next day I found his email address online (yes I seriously did), and after about an hour of analyzing my one paragraph email, I hit send. Two days later, he wrote me back. I guess the rest is history. We’ve spent the past 3 years dating long distance – Jersey to Virginia. It’s really not THAT bad. I’m a teacher :teacher: and spend my breaks up there, but I seriously can’t wait until we can see each other every day, rather than every weekend. And I will be one happy girl when I don’t have to spend my Friday nights in traffic sitting through the horrible road conditions in Pennsylvania… but that’s a whole other post.

The Wedding
I really haven’t accomplished too much yet, but I have brilliantly been stealing ideas from all of your planning journals. And for that I say thanks. You make me feel like less of a slacker. We’ve spoken to Joe several times, and I think I’ve seriously annoyed him with my indecisiveness. However, after many emails and pictures from Joe, Jarrett and I have finally decided on a wedding at Sea Breeze Point (reminds me of our first trip together, where I fell in love twice… with Disney and with Jarrett) and a reception at the White Hall. We have them tentatively booked for a date I’m not yet allowed to announce (I don’t want to jinx it). I’m not quite sure what “tentatively” means. I understand the definition of the word- I’m an English teacher- but I don’t know what that means in “Disney terms”, so I’m just hoping and praying that it’s ours. I’m sure Joe does too.

If anyone made it through this first addition to my planning journal, I congratulate you. Stay tuned.

Welcome to the board! Joe is amazing. He was my sales cordinator and was very patient with all the questions I had. I'm having my pre recpetion at the whitehall room. It's beautiful! You can even see a little of the castle from it! Happy Planning!

Welcome! I know about those PA roads. I tend to work slightly off hours just to avoid a long commute in the morning and evening. I live 15 minutes away from work, but it can take me an hour on a really bad day.

I am familiar with those pa roads and commutes too. Welcome and I look forward to reading more of your plans.... congrats too!

Thanks to ecoon, we have successfully booked Misty Miotto. After reviewing lots and lots of photographers, she was the one we were most impressed with. We're going with the platinum package, and I can't wait to work with her. Thanks ecoon!
That's all for now. I'm just sitting her watching the weather, praying for a snow day tomorrow. :happytv:

I've finally reached my ten posts, and now I can't figure out how to actually get the pictures on the post. It's just copying the link. Can you not have facebook as your url??? If anyone can help me with this, that would FANtastic! moving on...

I had my first dress day. There were so many insanely beautiful dresses that I tried on, but in every one of them, I just felt silly. Is that normal? Like I was a little girl again playing dress up in my mother's closet. Needless to say, I didn't get anything. I feel that if my first reaction is to laugh when I look in the mirror, it's obviously not "the dress".

Other than that, the only new wedding plans we've made is booking Misty for our wedding and an engagement session in March. I think we're going to do sunset at the boardwalk for this. Has anyone done an engagement session in one of the parks? The idea of having it in Epcot or MGM is pretty cool... I just wasn't sure how many people did that.

Joe also is wanting us to book our room block. The whole idea of guessing where all of my guests are supposed to stay is just crazy to me. I truly have no clue how many people are going to be coming, let alone where they'll decide to stay. I also don't know where to book our "wedding night" room. I keep reading about how some people get upgraded that night, which is fantatstic. Part of me feels like we should stay at the GF... b/c we honestly would never stay there again. I don't know. I guess I should be a "normal" American right now and go watch the Superbowl instead of think about my disney wedding, but I'm sure everyone on this site understands.

Alright... GO GIANTS!

Re: posting pictures

Set up an account with Photobucket or Flickr or something similar. It will generate you a url to paste into your posts. I prefer photobucket.

congrats on your engagement & your future DFTW!!!!!

very cute "how we met" story! & the engagement one...well...engaged on main street...is just MAGICAL!!!!!! congrats!!! & the bandaid had me rolling!!!

take your time with the dress & have some fun...try on all sorts & style...you might be surprised!!!!

If i were you....Id go for the GF!!!!!!!! its beautiful & romantic!!!!

cant wait to hear more...oh & alot of people use Photobucket for pictures...& its free

:goodvibes

congrats on your engagement & your future DFTW!!!!!

very cute "how we met" story! & the engagement one...well...engaged on main street...is just MAGICAL!!!!!! congrats!!! & the bandaid had me rolling!!!

take your time with the dress & have some fun...try on all sorts & style...you might be surprised!!!!

If i were you....Id go for the GF!!!!!!!! its beautiful & romantic!!!!

cant wait to hear more...oh & alot of people use Photobucket for pictures...& its free

:goodvibes

Thanks so much for your advice! I really appreciate it. I think we're leaning towards the GF.... it's a once in a lifetime chance I guess. I'll definitely have to make a photobucket account and start putting pics up... hopefully I can figure it out. :idea:

photobucket is easy, all you do is upload your photos and use the IMG code (the last one) to post your pics!

Just found your PJ :surfweb:

I love your engagement story - DF teases me about my Princess band-aids!

Happy planning - can't wait to hear more details & see pics! :goodvibes

What a wonderful story! Long distance relationships are hard, but when you come through them, you know each other so well and you just "long" to be together. Hang in there, and have fun planning!

Welcome and congrats on starting your PJ!

What a lovely engagement story! I always wondered how my DH would propose (he ended up doing it at Castaway Cay).

You will love SBP, but I'm fairly biased on that! We just had our wedding there 12/14/07 and it was perfect! I can't imagine getting married anywhere else.

I saw something about your enagement pics with Misty (who is great!). We had our e-pics (with Randy Chapman) at Port Orleans Riverside. To my knowledge, the outside photographers can't do the engagement sessions inside the theme parks, but I could be wrong. Having them at the Boardwalk sounds like a great idea! It is such a photogenic location. :thumbsup2

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your PJ... I'm going through a bit of wedding withdrawal! :laughing: Good luck and congratulations!

What a cute story! Cant wait to hear more about your big day :)

Thanks to everyone who helped me put pics up! Now can anyone tell me how to shrink them??? They're HUGE!

I also made two more appointments to go try dresses on. The one I LOVE LOVE LOVE is here:
silvia_primary.jpg
[/IMG]

Who knows if I'll be able to afford it. :confused3

Welcome to the boards.. Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding. I cant wait to read more:surfweb:

Congrats on your engagement! (And totally random, but I love your sweater!)

That wedding dress is gorgeous.. so Grecian and romantic!

Personally I'd stay at Boardwalk or Beach Club, but that's just my style. I (gasp, shock, horror) don't really like the GF. I say go with whatever your style is, where you'll be comfortable and feel like the perfect end to a perfect day.

I can't wait to see more on your PJ!

Congrats on starting the PJ and on your engagement, that's cute that you were sort of a groupie.

The dress you posted is gorgeous.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your plans and seeing more of your ideas, photobucket makes that all the more easier!

okay, seriously (grey's reference) i can't believe that it's been this long since my last post. a few updates: we got our contract in the mail. as excited as everyone else was to get their contract, mine just made me nervous. reading all of those statements that i couldn't understand about how many items can be placed on a table and rain locations. i mean, it's not going to rain on my wedding day! right? knocking on wood as i'm typing this. after many (many) crazed emails to joe, i finally feel calmed down. by the way, joe is the best. aside from the contract, i bought my dress! this actually happened awhile ago, but i've been terrified to post pictures of it on here b/c i don't want my df to see it. if you so desire and YOU'RE NOT MY FIANCE , go to clairepettibone.com then 2006. it's the kristene model. i fell in love- madly in love- with it the day i tried it on. side story: it was a saturday in februrary, and my mom's birthday, so i decided to bake her a german chocolate cake from scratch. meanwhile, a friend of my parents had a heart attack (he's fine now though), so they raced to the hospital as i worked in the kitched with flour covering my entire body. a bridal store in bethesda, md was getting the claire pettibone collection in for that weekend, and it was my one opportunity to try on her dresses (i fell in love with them as soon as i saw one of her dresses in a bridal magazine christmas morning). after many phone calls back and forth from my mom (me telling her to stay at the hospital, and her being torn on coming home), she got home just in time to take me for my appointment. my dad was in charge of getting the cake out of the oven. needless to say, we got there, and i had that experience that a girl dreams about having when she finds "the dress". i cried, my mom cried, i spent way more than i was supposed to. but i love it. and the cake was delcious. Go dad! :woohoo:

okay, next thing: our engagement pics are up right now! yeah! p.s. i love misty miotto!! i HIGHLY recommend her to all of you disbrides out there. both she and her husband were wonderful to work with, and i am so excited they'll be there on my wedding day. unfortunately, our disc was defective, so i only got about 7 pics. here's one teaser for now. :thumbsup2
70013-1.jpg

that's all for now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter