• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eurostar to suspend direct trains to Disneyland Paris

Plague

DIS Veteran
The company said the route would be axed from 5 June next year for the duration of the summer.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62728618

Eurostar said it would "revisit options" for 2024 next year.
As well as money they say the reason is New rules for visitors to the EU are due to come into force by the end of May next year.

Sad but true. I had a great time using it the direct Eurostar from London to DLP but its just as easy and cheaper to take the RERA from Paris.

The story I heard (how true it is I have no idea) is that the new passport / visa rules would require a large increase in time to check each person getting on the train at Marne-La-Vallee, which could lead to long queues out the station door unless they made a lot of changes to the station layout. For places like Gare Du Nord and Lille, they are set up to cope with these extra demands, but MLV is essentially quite a minor station in the scheme of things and to have to make massive changes for what was only 4-5 trains a week, the costs just didn't add up.

but MLV is essentially quite a minor station
Yes. From the article I linked "The system will mean travellers from outside the bloc must have their fingerprints scanned and photograph taken, instead of having their passport manually stamped."
That is obviously an investment in tech that makes little sense for a few trains a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter