Evening Magic Hours for Deluxe Guests Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all. Don’t get me wrong, the values especially are expensive for what they are but the rack rates for deluxe is insane.

ive read a lot on other forums too that people don’t like the incredibles upgrades to contemporary as they don’t look too different to the pop century updates, the price difference is paying for these extra magic hours

Why is it people who pay less to stay in value and moderate resorts kick off that the extra magic hours isn’t available to them but then also say that they’re unwilling to pay the higher price for deluxe?

I think the issue is that it WAS a perk that was available to all on-site guests, and now it is not. If it had always only been a Deluxe perk there wouldn't be an issue. I am all for Deluxe guests getting more perks, but Value and Moderate guests also need some as an incentive to stay. As it stands, there is practically no difference between Value and Moderate, and no real reason to pay the inflated prices to stay at them.

I think the issue is that it WAS a perk that was available to all on-site guests, and now it is not. If it had always only been a Xeluxe perk there wouldn't be an issue. I am all for Deluxe guests getting more perks, but Value and Moderate guests also need some as an incentive to stay. As it stands, there is practically no difference between Value and Moderate, and no real reason to pay the inflated prices to stay at them.
from page 35............."Not the point...I don't think anyone cares if they get extra if they pay for it.......its getting stuff taken away that bothers them (free parking, free magic band, free ME, advanced FP booking, EMH) all used to come with your price and now they dont"

It has to do with the fact that when you booked it prior it was included....now prices are the same or higher and you dont get EMH....get it now?

Why is it people who pay less to stay in value and moderate resorts kick off that the extra magic hours isn’t available to them but then also say that they’re unwilling to pay the higher price for deluxe?

Because they're not worth the downgrade on transport? Pop and AoA mean you can use either bus to get back to either resort as well as the Skyliner for DHS/Epcot which if running has very little waiting before getting to the park and due to the number of guests, more frequent busses in general and not shared with other resorts meaning extra stops. If you want to spend all your time at the resort, go deluxe but as someone who wants to be at the parks more, getting to and from is way more valuable.

Because they're not worth the downgrade on transport? Pop and AoA mean you can use either bus to get back to either resort as well as the Skyliner for DHS/Epcot which if running has very little waiting before getting to the park and due to the number of guests, more frequent busses in general and not shared with other resorts meaning extra stops. If you want to spend all your time at the resort, go deluxe but as someone who wants to be at the parks more, getting to and from is way more valuable.
Sorry thats not it, see above

You definitely have a point about transportation. It's always amazed me how the Deluxe resorts share buses more often and generally take longer to get to and from. Pop is so good in that regard! I mean, having the monorail is great for those resorts, but only for MK and Epcot - and right now not even Epcot!

I know everyone has a story and everyone's experiences are different, but this has not been my experience at all. We've gone to WDW probably 15 times in the last 10 years. We've stayed AoA once, CSR once, CBR once, and POR once. All of the other times, we've stayed deluxe. The longest times I waited for a bus was when we stayed AoA. Second longest was CBR. With deluxe, yes there are multiple stops and (maybe?) less frequent buses. But because there are fewer people, you typically get on the first (or second at the worst) bus. We waited for SIX buses for AoA from MK once. It took a little over two hours to get back. Maybe my perception is skewed by the fact that our value/mod stays were before the Skyliner, so the bus was our ONLY option. But my favorite part about staying deluxe is being able to walk to at least one park (with just a few exceptions) or take the monorail, depending on where we're staying. IMO, it has never felt like a transport downgrade at deluxe. But again, YMMV.

from page 35............."Not the point...I don't think anyone cares if they get extra if they pay for it.......its getting stuff taken away that bothers them (free parking, free magic band, free ME, advanced FP booking, EMH) all used to come with your price and now they dont"

It has to do with the fact that when you booked it prior it was included....now prices are the same or higher and you dont get EMH....get it now?
My head hurts.

I used to get a cookie with dinner and now I dont get a cookie.. yea you miss the cookie but your gonna eat the meal still.. and if you dont someone will.

Hell of a price difference between the cost of an extra couple of hours in the park and the price difference for spending a night or whatever in a deluxe.

I know everyone has a story and everyone's experiences are different, but this has not been my experience at all. We've gone to WDW probably 15 times in the last 10 years. We've stayed AoA once, CSR once, CBR once, and POR once. All of the other times, we've stayed deluxe. The longest times I waited for a bus was when we stayed AoA. Second longest was CBR. With deluxe, yes there are multiple stops and (maybe?) less frequent buses. But because there are fewer people, you typically get on the first (or second at the worst) bus. We waited for SIX buses for AoA from MK once. It took a little over two hours to get back. Maybe my perception is skewed by the fact that our value/mod stays were before the Skyliner, so the bus was our ONLY option. But my favorite part about staying deluxe is being able to walk to at least one park (with just a few exceptions) or take the monorail, depending on where we're staying. IMO, it has never felt like a transport downgrade at deluxe. But again, YMMV.

Yeah, park close is definitely better with Deluxe resorts, but it's the morning and the middle-of-the day jaunts that can get you.

Hell of a price difference between the cost of an extra couple of hours in the park and the price difference for spending a night or whatever in a deluxe.

Especially when I don't plan to use most of the other amenities at a deluxe resort because I just need a place to sleep and shower between parks.

I used to get a cookie with dinner and now I dont get a cookie.. yea you miss the cookie but your gonna eat the meal still.. and if you dont someone will.
Sure....Starts with the cookie (no more free magic bands)......then its the appetizer (no more Magical Express)..........Then its the spoon (no more EMH, just use the extra 30 mins in the morning)............Then it's your napkin (no more free parking).........Then its your drink (no advanced FP booking)............Then instead of being $29 for your meal its now $39 without the cookie, a spoon a drink and a napkin..........and you had to wait for your reservation because the bus stopped at 3 other resorts and made you late

You can pay for that but im certainly not

especially when i get all that and better food for $19 down the street

Sure....Starts with the cookie (no more free magic bands)......then its the appetizer (Magical Express)..........Then its the spoon (no more EMH, just use the extra 30 mins in the morning)............Then it's your napkin (no more free parking).........Then its your drink (no advanced FP booking)............Then instead of being $29 for your meal its now $39 without the cookie, a spoon a drink and a napkin..........and you had to wait for your reservation because the bus stopped at 3 other resorts and made you late

You can pay for that but im certainly not
I mean thats whats great about this.. Disney is a vacation its a optional thing to do.. if we hate it and see no value in our money we dont have to go anymore. but disney will not care if we dont go becasue someone else behind you is still gonna pay. Its gonna take a HUGE wave of legit no one going for them to change there current mind set

Because it's always been available to them until now...but you know that don't you? Are you just here to stir the pot some more?

I mean thats whats great about this.. Disney is a vacation its a optional thing to do.. if we hate it and see no value in our money we dont have to go anymore. but disney will not care if we dont go becasue someone else behind you is still gonna pay. Its gonna take a HUGE wave of legit no one going for them to change there current mind set
Thats happens........Theres been plenty of time in their history where their hotel occupancy has gone down........ the 50th anniversary, a 10 year economic boom cycle and some pent up travel demand will carry them through next year but Im not so sure after that...........

I know i will not be going and ill be waiting a year+ that to see if i will ever go again

Three words.....Star Wars Hotel. That place will book up so fast your head will spin and while prices haven't been announced, rumors are it will cost in that price range for 2 people.

Sure they will charge $1,500 a night for the Star Wars hotel but even that place won't match the quality of a 5* hotel. The theming will be great but the hotel won't be better quality than a run of the mill Spring Hill Suites.

wow I feel poor after reading that; there is no way I would ever do that. You really think they could fill up a resort like that year round?

Absolutely. If it came with unlimited front of the line passes with immediate boarding plus immediate seating at any restaurant I'm sure they would have a waiting list to get in the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter