Evening Magic Hours for Deluxe Guests Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean thats whats great about this.. Disney is a vacation its a optional thing to do.. if we hate it and see no value in our money we dont have to go anymore. but disney will not care if we dont go becasue someone else behind you is still gonna pay. Its gonna take a HUGE wave of legit no one going for them to change there current mind set
I just wonder WDW wants smaller crowds with people paying more money? Smaller crowds means less operational, labor costs?

Why is it people who pay less to stay in value and moderate resorts kick off that the extra magic hours isn’t available to them but then also say that they’re unwilling to pay the higher price for deluxe?
I think you'll get your answer if you read a lot of the posts in here.

I just wonder WDW wants smaller crowds with people paying more money? Smaller crowds means less operational, labor costs?
Doubt it.........Food, merch, up charge events, etc.........They make money on all those things and they only sell more with more people, not less

"i'd like fewer customers" = said nobody ever

i dont buy they want smaller crowds. Disney doesnt care about crowd size, they want the most people in those parks at the maximum price.

disney will not care if we dont go becasue someone else behind you is still gonna pay. Its gonna take a HUGE wave of legit no one going for them to change there current mind set

That may be true to an extent but these are some major changes/cuts they're making right now (and I'm expecting that some kind of paid fastpass system is also imminent). Those kinds of changes affect more than just the actual experience inside the resorts/parks. It affects the way people perceive their brand, the way people FEEL about Disney. Disney depends on our nostalgia, positive association and emotion - it's what sets them apart from other companies like US. But if their largest customer base starts to feel ticked off/taken advantage of/undervalued, they will eventually see some sort of drop off. There is a breaking point for most people. I don't claim to know what exactly that breaking point would be, but I feel like they're giving us a WHOLE lot of options right now to choose from. Eventually they are going to not just alienate their customer base, but they actually cross the line to where they are truly pricing out the middle/upper-middle class that is their core base. I'd be surprised to see the ultra rich step in to replace that base, because in general the very rich have little interest in Disney.

Sure they will charge $1,500 a night for the Star Wars hotel but even that place won't match the quality of a 5* hotel. The theming will be great but the hotel won't be better quality than a run of the mill Spring Hill Suites.
1500... hahah its gonna be like 4-7k for the 2 day experience imo

That may be true to an extent but these are some major changes/cuts they're making right now (and I'm expecting that some kind of paid fastpass system is also imminent). Those kinds of changes affect more than just the actual experience inside the resorts/parks. It affects the way people perceive their brand, the way people FEEL about Disney. Disney depends on our nostalgia, positive association and emotion - it's what sets them apart from other companies like US. But if their largest customer base starts to feel ticked off/taken advantage of/undervalued, they will eventually see some sort of drop off. There is a breaking point for most people. I don't claim to know what exactly that breaking point would be, but I feel like they're giving us a WHOLE lot of options right now to choose from. Eventually they are going to not just alienate their customer base, but they actually cross the line to where they are truly pricing out the middle/upper-middle class that is their core base. I'd be surprised to see the ultra rich step in to replace that base, because in general the very rich have little interest in Disney.
I wonder if this is just what they want.. they knew the 1# complaint was over crowding.. now values are more expensive and perks cost money... I feel like they wanna run out the lower cost people see how much they will spend and than market WDW as a low wait park with minimal waits. maybe even shut down some values to build more deluxe.. I wouldnt put it past them at this point

1500... hahah its gonna be like 4-7k for the 2 day experience imo

Yep. Which begs the question why didn't they go ahead and build one in California as well. I understand they were seeking some tax rebates from Anaheim but the City Council has wised up and correctly point out that a billion dollar company charging $7k for two day experiences doesn't need any tax rebate. Disney canceled the project in disgust. Seems stupid on their part. Now Disney just has a surface parking lot which isn't generating nearly the revenue.

Unless you're a family with a schedule that just won't accommodate firmly committing that far in advance.
I was just taking a random week bc everything is booked in the near future. For probably the next 2 years you are going to have limited options for rooms at any level if you are booking less than 6 months out. Regardless, your statement does not negate my point that it is possible to stay deluxe for very close to what you'd pay at a value.

Sure they will charge $1,500 a night for the Star Wars hotel but even that place won't match the quality of a 5* hotel. The theming will be great but the hotel won't be better quality than a run of the mill Spring Hill Suites.

They aren't going for a 5* hotel, they're going for an amazing experience. I'm move heaven and earth to be able to stay there- IF I can even get reservations. Honestly, 5* hotels aren't my cup of tea- a bit intimidating and stuffy for me. I prefer a more relaxed experience.

I'd be surprised to see the ultra rich step in to replace that base, because in general the very rich have little interest in Disney.

Sure you don't see the billionaires at Disney but every time we to Disneyland during Spring Break when my kids were in elementary school we often see plenty of their classmates. They were all upper class.

Anyone who calls themselves upper/middle class is just trying to be humble. They are all really upper class.

Pay $85 more for horrible buses. I actually prefer Pop to OKW (and Saratoga, and any resort with a ridiculous number of bus stops and terribly laid out bus routes).
Then you are making a choice to pick one thing over another. My point is that the blanket statement that it costs too much more to stay Deluxe to get those extra hours is not true. You pick what is important to you. Extra hours or "better busses". I've never had any issues with any busses anywhere I've stayed.

I wonder if this is just what they want.. they knew the 1# complaint was over crowding.. now values are more expensive and perks cost money... I feel like they wanna run out the lower cost people see how much they will spend and than market WDW as a low wait park with minimal waits. maybe even shut down some values to build more deluxe.. I wouldnt put it past them at this point

Sort of hand in hand with that, I've been thinking they might be gunning to get out of the vacation space, and start marketing as more of a 3-4 day "experience." Like, I'm sure they don't love local AP's in terms of profitability, and likewise, they probably don't love people like me, who do longer vacations and take advantage of the fact that tickets get cheaper the more days you buy. They may make more for those premium 3-5 day stays as opposed to a week+ vacation. But of course that means they are assuming there will be enough people willing to pay that premium for a shorter trip and fill the resorts and parks. Because at that point they are effectively pricing people out. People who now go for shorter stays at value resorts just won't be able to go anymore, or they will stay offsite. Peole who now stay moderate might start staying at value resorts to make up the space in their budget. And people who stay deluxe might try staying moderate, or going offsite to one of the non-Disney luxury hotels they can get for less money. But then who is stepping in to fill up those deluxe resorts?

It IS an upcharge. You have to pay for Deluxe. You DO have a chance of going. Save more/longer. I remember when the spots they use for dessert parties were available for ALL guests to stand in/use to view fireworks. Then they started snapping up all these prime spots and charging a ridiculous premium for the dessert parties.

Again, anyone who thinks I'm living high on the hog because we stay Deluxe (and bought DVC years ago before the surge...because our Disney vacations are important to us. We made so many sacrifices to make it possible) is free to come work in my shoes for what we have. We are FARMERS. We work from 6am to 10pm EVERY SINGLE DAY. 365 days a year. I don't get days off. This is hard labor. Outside in all weather rain or shine, hot or cold, blizzards, heat waves, hurricanes. Shoveling manure, doctoring sick or wounded horses, lifting 50lb bags of feed and 75lb bales of hay, walking miles a day. If I want to take a vacation it takes an act of Congress to arrange it. I don't get paid vacation AND I have to pay someone to take care of the farm while I'm gone. Plus I lose income from having to cancel my riding lessons while I'm away. My vehicle is my farm truck and it's 19 years old. We are not wealthy. There are no 6 figure incomes. Oh and I also work a second P/T job three days a week (and that money goes toward our vacations).

I don't want anyone's pity. I am proud of what we do. I am proud of the sacrifices we make to be able to go on the trips we do take. Don't tell me I'm the 1% or elitist. I am a MIDDLE CLASS FARMER who has made specific choices and sacrifices financially to vacation where and how we like. If Disney decides to implement paid FP or some other system, I will have to retool our budget again.

I am sorry Disney changed things up. Yeah it burns...just like when they took away fireworks viewing for the dessert parties. Yeah, it stinks. FWIW, we always avoided EMH parks because they were so crowded as to be unenjoyable. Unless this changes the EMH crowds significantly, we will continue to avoid them.

The people claiming you're being elitist or rich, don't want to see how hard you worked to get there, or care about the sacrifices you made or the choices you make to get there. They just care that they can't or won't stay at a deluxe. They just want to complain how unfair it is that you get to do the things and they don't.

Because they're not worth the downgrade on transport? Pop and AoA mean you can use either bus to get back to either resort as well as the Skyliner for DHS/Epcot which if running has very little waiting before getting to the park and due to the number of guests, more frequent busses in general and not shared with other resorts meaning extra stops. If you want to spend all your time at the resort, go deluxe but as someone who wants to be at the parks more, getting to and from is way more valuable.
At Riviera you can walk over to CBR and use their busses or get on the skyliner there. There's only one bus stop and buses run about ever 15 mins it seemed everytime I was there. Compared to my stay at POR where everyday we had to wait 20 mins or more for a bus that wasn't already full. So you are just picking one priority over another. All comes down to choices.

i dont buy they want smaller crowds. Disney doesnt care about crowd size, they want the most people in those parks at the maximum price.

I don't think that was the reason they did it either, but it's still the effect it's going to have and that's all that matters to me, how their decisions affect my experience.

Sort of hand in hand with that, I've been thinking they might be gunning to get out of the vacation space, and start marketing as more of a 3-4 day "experience." Like, I'm sure they don't love local AP's in terms of profitability, and likewise, they probably don't love people like me, who do longer vacations and take advantage of the fact that tickets get cheaper the more days you buy. They may make more for those premium 3-5 day stays as opposed to a week+ vacation. But of course that means they are assuming there will be enough people willing to pay that premium for a shorter trip and fill the resorts and parks. Because at that point they are effectively pricing people out. People who now go for shorter stays at value resorts just won't be able to go anymore, or they will stay offsite. Peole who now stay moderate might start staying at value resorts to make up the space in their budget. And people who stay deluxe might try staying moderate, or going offsite to one of the non-Disney luxury hotels they can get for less money. But then who is stepping in to fill up those deluxe resorts?
I think that at some point, they arent going to be able to charge more and more at the values either. The more they charge, the more the guests is going to expect, and those values dont offer much.

Then you are making a choice to pick one thing over another. My point is that the blanket statement that it costs too much more to stay Deluxe to get those extra hours is not true. You pick what is important to you. Extra hours or "better busses". I've never had any issues with any busses anywhere I've stayed.

Whoever designed the bus route at OKW deserves to spend their whole afterlife riding a bus through it. It's torturous. It takes like 20 minutes to get through the resort - drive up one road and turn around, and again, and again. Like, CBR is bad, too, but at least it's an efficient circle route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter