Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

Our park reservations when we look at them in plans are being listed as two groups (eg. June 27 HS 3 people, June 27 HS 2 people instead of June 27 HS 5 people). We originally had 3 of us going but added two more a few weeks ago. Anybody know if this will cause a problem with RotR automatically grouping all of us, and how to fix it if we need to?
As long as everyone appears on your friends and family list you’ll be good.

I keep refreshing, hoping for an opening in park reservations on May 8. Yesterday, I noticed a huge number of dates opened up in May and June, but not the 8th. I'm wondering if there is less likely to be an opening that day because it's a Saturday. I have already booked my hotel and will only be in Orlando the 7th (checking in late) and 8th. I plan to maybe try Universal or just enjoy the hotel (staying and Swan and Dolphin) and Disney Springs if nothing opens up but I plan to keep refreshing my heart away until then. Any thoughts?

We were there last week. I noticed reservations opened up every morning, I’m assuming as people changed their plans for the day. So try that morning too & you might get something.

I keep refreshing, hoping for an opening in park reservations on May 8. Yesterday, I noticed a huge number of dates opened up in May and June, but not the 8th. I'm wondering if there is less likely to be an opening that day because it's a Saturday. I have already booked my hotel and will only be in Orlando the 7th (checking in late) and 8th. I plan to maybe try Universal or just enjoy the hotel (staying and Swan and Dolphin) and Disney Springs if nothing opens up but I plan to keep refreshing my heart away until then. Any thoughts?
When you are looking, if you have availability, please be sure you are actually trying to book a reservation as the calendar is not updated real-time. If you go only by the calendar you may be missing reservations that open.

By that, do you mean selecting standard theme park ticket>number of days (1)>ticket type (park hopper)>choose the day you will visit (May 8, which can't be selected because it's grayed out)? Sorry to be so specific, but I am doing it right?

By that, do you mean selecting standard theme park ticket>number of days (1)>ticket type (park hopper)>choose the day you will visit (May 8, which can't be selected because it's grayed out)? Sorry to be so specific, but I am doing it right?
Do you need to buy a ticket? Or you already have a ticket and just need a park reservation? If you need a ticket, I’m afraid you may be out of luck. Refresh works if needing a park reservation, which one may be able to get even if the calendar is gray.

No, booking a park reservation is different than buying a ticket. First you buy a ticket, then you go to a separate spot to book your park reservation. And Disney will not sell a ticket if that days park reservations are full. If you don’t already have a ticket, you won‘t be able to book a park reservation anyway. You can check the calendar & try to buy a ticket right away, but not having a ticket already definitely is gonna make it harder for you.

Do you need to buy a ticket? Or you already have a ticket and just need a park reservation? If you need a ticket, I’m afraid you may be out of luck. Refresh works if needing a park reservation, which one may be able to get even if the calendar is gray.
Right, I don't have a ticket. I didn't think you could buy a ticket without choosing a park day. I'm confused. Unless you mean, did I already have a ticket from a previous trip I didn't use?

Right, I don't have a ticket. I didn't think you could buy a ticket without choosing a park day. I'm confused. Unless you mean, did I already have a ticket from a previous trip I didn't use?
Wow. This is so confusing. hahaha. So I just purchased a ticket for May 7 and was able to book AK even though the calendar is saying the only park with reservations that day was Epcot. I see what everyone means now. I've decided to leave my conference early and make my Disney day the 7th, which isn't ideal, but is ok. Then maybe the 8th I can explore Disney Springs or Universal or something. So, if May 8 is grayed out, there is no opportunity to buy a ticket that day and that won't change, correct?

Thanks everyone for being patient with my denseness. lol

You have to choose a date for the ticket. But that does not give you a park reservation. Those are 2 separate actions on the website.

It is unlikely that tickets will become available again, though not impossible. I believe some July dates (maybe others) became available again for tickets yesterday. So keep watching for May.

Park reservation availability fluctuates a bit, and the calendar doesn't update real-time. That's why people who have a ticket (i.e., prior trip rescheduled, bought ticket but didn't immediately make park reservations, etc.) may be able to make park reservations.

Wow. This is so confusing. hahaha. So I just purchased a ticket for May 7 and was able to book AK even though the calendar is saying the only park with reservations that day was Epcot. I see what everyone means now. I've decided to leave my conference early and make my Disney day the 7th, which isn't ideal, but is ok. Then maybe the 8th I can explore Disney Springs or Universal or something. So, if May 8 is grayed out, there is no opportunity to buy a ticket that day and that won't change, correct?

Thanks everyone for being patient with my denseness. lol
If May 8th is completely full for all parks you will not be able to purchase a ticket for that day at this time. IF it opens, they will sell you a ticket but the challenge is we don't know if it will or will not open up.

Things change all the time as people update their plans. The best recommendation is to keep checking frequently and if you need to purchase a ticket for May 8th, try to book that ticket as soon as you see there is availability, if it opens.

It really is being in the right place at the right time for last minute reservations right now.

Since I already have a May 7 ticket, can I just add a day and choose May 8 if that opens up for a reservation? Or I would have to do the process all over again?

Since I already have a May 7 ticket, can I just add a day and choose May 8 if that opens up for a reservation? Or I would have to do the process all over again?
If it opens you should be able to add a day to your current ticket. Just not sure if you can do that online or if you would need to call in. I'm sure someone here has experience with this and will answer soon.

I'm hoping to find help here since calling Disney could take a while. Using My Disney Experience has created a challenge for me. I created my party, there are 6 of us, but when I do the park reservations, it singles me out of the party and I have to completed my reservation separately. The first time I noticed this was an issue was with our hotel reservation (staying at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace). We have 2 rooms under my husbands name. I am not on the reservation. Anyone have any advise? Had any experience with this problem? We are staying in July and mainly my concern is using the virtual que for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. I'd hate to go into the que on the day of and only have a party of 5 instead of 6. Thanks so much! :flower:

I'm hoping to find help here since calling Disney could take a while. Using My Disney Experience has created a challenge for me. I created my party, there are 6 of us, but when I do the park reservations, it singles me out of the party and I have to completed my reservation separately. The first time I noticed this was an issue was with our hotel reservation (staying at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace). We have 2 rooms under my husbands name. I am not on the reservation. Anyone have any advise? Had any experience with this problem? We are staying in July and mainly my concern is using the virtual que for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. I'd hate to go into the que on the day of and only have a party of 5 instead of 6. Thanks so much! :flower:
If you feel there is any concern that you may not be linked properly, I would advise calling Disney IT at 1-407-939-4357.

If May 8th is completely full for all parks you will not be able to purchase a ticket for that day at this time. IF it opens, they will sell you a ticket but the challenge is we don't know if it will or will not open up.

Things change all the time as people update their plans. The best recommendation is to keep checking frequently and if you need to purchase a ticket for May 8th, try to book that ticket as soon as you see there is availability, if it opens.

It really is being in the right place at the right time for last minute reservations right now.
I was able to get a May 8 ticket and reservation!! When I looked this morning the 8th, as well as other previously blacked out dates in May showed ticket and park availability. Keep checking guys! It paid off for me. I have been checking basically every hour for 3 days. Also, I was able to add a day to my tickets, then purchase. I didn't have to start the whole process over. Anyway, thanks for the help!! I'm so excited!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter