Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

No there isn’t. The best suggestion is to keep trying for park reservations. Very often they open up.

One recommendation is to not rely on the park reservations calendar as it is not updated real-time. Keep trying to make reservations for that day. Many have been successful.
Thank you. I have been trying in the modify reservations tab. I have Magic Kingdom booked for Friday the 5th that I repeatedly tried to modify all day long lol. I went ahead and booked that because I don’t want to be locked out of Magic Kingdom that week. I can do the Friday, but it’s just inconvenient because it makes us have all four park days in a row. I’ll just keep my fingers crossed that something opens up.

A follow up question from my recent VQ question.

A group has plans to split a day between AK (am) and EPCOT (pm). All have tickets that require park reservations. (A combo of AP and school trip tickets.) I have read that it works to

1-Make park reservations for Epcot
2-Try to get 7am GoG VQ
3-Switch park reservations to AK
4-Go about your wonderful day at DW as planned
Group is hoping to do this next week (3/19) with spring break crowds. Could they have a problem switch back to AK park ressie? Do you see any other problems? (I’m not familiar with the school trip tickets and what regulations they may have.)

Thanks in advance!

According to #4 in the first post it sounds like the below will work, but I just wanted to make sure it still works with the recent park reservation changes:

If you are successful getting a VQ at 7. What happens if you then switch your park reservation to a different park? Does the VQ still stay on your account such that you could go to the new park in the morning and then (assuming your VQ hasn’t been called yet) hop over to the park that you have the VQ for?

If you get a low VQ number, is it possible to cancel it and be able to try again at the 1:00 drop (assuming you are in Ep/MK)?

Thanks!

Last edited:
According to #4 in the first post it sounds like the below will work, but I just wanted to make sure it still works with the recent park reservation changes:

If you are successful getting a VQ at 7. What happens if you then switch your park reservation to a different park? Does the VQ still stay on your account such that you could go to the new park in the morning and then (assuming your VQ hasn’t been called yet) hop over to the park that you have the VQ for?

If you get a low VQ number, is it possible to cancel it and be able to try again at the 1:00 drop (assuming you are in Ep/MK)?

Thanks!
Yes, you may change your park reservation and the VQ remains.

If you do not use your VQ by the 1PM drop and it has expired, guests have been successful in getting a new VQ at 1PM.

For Annual Passholders, April 8 & 9 are "good to go" dates.

I have convention tickets and still need a reservation. If I have a a reservation for the Saturday I arrive, but don't make it to the park, do I lose the ticket day, or can I use it a different day. I might want to hold off on going to the park because I won't have a full day there and need to check in, etc.

I have convention tickets and still need a reservation. If I have a a reservation for the Saturday I arrive, but don't make it to the park, do I lose the ticket day, or can I use it a different day. I might want to hold off on going to the park because I won't have a full day there and need to check in, etc.
No, you won’t lose a day of admission that way. You have to actually tap into a park, then the system takes a day from your ticket.

Without reading through 49-pages, we have AP's, so I know we still need to make reservations. But my question is, do we still have to wait to Park-Hop until 2PM?

AP here, going for a much longer trip than I normally do (8 days this time). I think I messed up in not booking reservations with a confirmed hotel reservation, as I was stopped at 5. Now my chosen park for my 7th day is full - no park reservations.

As I'm typing this, I just realized why. It's May 4. And my chosen park was Hollywood Studios. I'm guessing I wouldn't be able to park hop either.

So I have a trip later this year and made the park reservations for that under the Annual Pass with reservation link. Now I go in and I tried to look for this week under the link for those with tickets and passes and it says "park reservations limit has been reached". So if it is not a good to go day or a day you are allowed in after 2 we cannot visit a park? Kind of defeats having an annual pass.

So I have a trip later this year and made the park reservations for that under the Annual Pass with reservation link. Now I go in and I tried to look for this week under the link for those with tickets and passes and it says "park reservations limit has been reached". So if it is not a good to go day or a day you are allowed in after 2 we cannot visit a park? Kind of defeats having an annual pass.
Not sure when you’re going, but it appears that dates from the end of August onwards have not yet been released. I’m going by the dates available if you choose the option to make a park reservation without a hotel reservation - I assume they share the same calendar.

Not sure when you’re going, but it appears that dates from the end of August onwards have not yet been released. I’m going by the dates available if you choose the option to make a park reservation without a hotel reservation - I assume they share the same calendar.
I got the message that I had reached my limit prior to getting the calendar to pick a day. Seems the days I have booked for my trip later this year are being treated as just a regular reservation and there is no difference whether or not you have a room reservation. Looks like you can book X days and they let you book as many as you have room reservations but then that is it. If the days booked with a room reservation are equal to or greater than the number allowed for an annual pass you have used up all your reservations. So this is no different than having a regular ticket with specified dates as that is all you will be allowed to reserve. This is probably my last year on an annual pass till they make it worth it again.

I got the message that I had reached my limit prior to getting the calendar to pick a day. Seems the days I have booked for my trip later this year are being treated as just a regular reservation and there is no difference whether or not you have a room reservation. Looks like you can book X days and they let you book as many as you have room reservations but then that is it. If the days booked with a room reservation are equal to or greater than the number allowed for an annual pass you have used up all your reservations. So this is no different than having a regular ticket with specified dates as that is all you will be allowed to reserve. This is probably my last year on an annual pass till they make it worth it again.
I don’t think I explained it very well.

Are you traveling after August? If so, there are no dates released yet, which is why it shows that message. At least, that what I believe is happening. I don’t think it’s related to the number of park reservations you can make.

It may be clearer if you choose the option without a hotel reservation.

If you’re travelling before September, then you maybe correct. But I was able to book park reservations for 25th & 26th August, which are the first two days of my trip. I can’t yet book anything later. So I have only 2 park reservations, which is not the AP limit.

I don’t think I explained it very well.

Are you traveling after August? If so, there are no dates released yet, which is why it shows that message. At least, that what I believe is happening. I don’t think it’s related to the number of park reservations you can make.

It may be clearer if you choose the option without a hotel reservation.

If you’re travelling before September, then you maybe correct. But I was able to book park reservations for 25th & 26th August, which are the first two days of my trip. I can’t yet book anything later. So I have only 2 park reservations, which is not the AP limit.
My already booked trip (with booked park reservations for all the days) is after August. I wanted to look at May for dates and I got the message that I had reached my limit using the link for without a hotel reservation but I was not even allowed to go to the point where you choose dates.

My already booked trip (with booked park reservations for all the days) is after August. I wanted to look at May for dates and I got the message that I had reached my limit using the link for without a hotel reservation but I was not even allowed to go to the point where you choose dates.
You may wish to cancel your further out park reservations to grant you access to dates in May. Reservations rarely fill to capacity, especially 4+ months in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter