Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

I just saw that tomorrow is a Good to Go day for passholders. We have MK booked, but do not want to try for Tron and only want to see Country Bears one last time. Can we try for GoG VQ at 7am or would we need to cancel our MK reservation? We will be hopping to Epcot later in the day so that would be great if it worked!
You can try for guardians and you do not need to cancel your existing reservation, the system actually will not let you cancel it. It’ll just show that it’s now good to go day when you go to login.

This is disheartening. Wish they would introduce standby for Guardians at least. But I guess if Disney is making tons of $$$ on LL for those who can't get into the VQ, why would they change it? They certainly don't care about guest satisfaction at this point. :(
Each person interprets things differently. Personally I would take knowing within seconds if I'm successful in getting a VQ over standing in line for multiple hours for an attraction.

This is disheartening. Wish they would introduce standby for Guardians at least. But I guess if Disney is making tons of $$$ on LL for those who can't get into the VQ, why would they change it? They certainly don't care about guest satisfaction at this point. :(
I actually think LL demand will increase after the VQ goes away for Guardians - from people who don't want to stand in a 2-3 hour line.

Avatar Flight of Passage, Rise of the Resistance, and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train don't have VQs and they sell out all their ILLs most days. On average, Avatar and Rise are the first two ILLs to sell out daily. (source)

I have never had a problem getting a que number for Guardians, but not once this visit. I’m at the Swan, so went over to Boardwalk thinking that might help, but still a no go. I’ve been here when it’s busier, so very sad. One more day, any advice? Thanks

I'm so sorry this is happening but it is exactly what I was afraid of. The 1 p.m. slot is no longer capped to those who had an Epcot park res but didn't get a VQ in the morning. It is now open to absolutely anyone. :( I do not have any advice other than purchase the LL for it. That's my new plan for our next trip.

Are you trying at both 7AM and 1 PM? I know 7AM goes quickly but wasn’t aware 1PM was also.

So many more people are eligible to try now that park reservations are no longer required so sadly this may be what more people experience now. 🙁

This screen shot from Thrill Data shows what you’ve been experiencing and VQs are currently filling immediately at both 7AM and 1PM.

View attachment 828226

Unfortunately no tips other than possibly have more that one person trying if you can and just keep tapping that refresh button as quickly as you can. Hope 1 PM is better for you.
I have gotten it at 1 pm and both were cancelled later in the day. 🤨

I have gotten it at 1 pm and both were cancelled later in the day. 🤨
Wow!! I wasn't aware that was a common problem. Have others had their 1PM VQ reservation cancelled? We had a few last year that we obtained at the 1PM drop but none of ours were cancelled. Not sure how common this is?

Wow!! I wasn't aware that was a common problem. Have others had their 1PM VQ reservation cancelled? We had a few last year that we obtained at the 1PM drop but none of ours were cancelled. Not sure how common this is?
If the ride has downtime and they don’t make it to your group they will send a message saying they can’t accommodate you.

Each person interprets things differently. Personally I would take knowing within seconds if I'm successful in getting a VQ over standing in line for multiple hours for an attraction.
It depends if you're someone who visits the park often and has already had a chance to ride. I would take the option of being able to stand in line vs. not getting to experience the attraction at all. We only visit once every 2 or 3 years and it's not exactly affordable to buy 8 $LL for an attraction.

Let's say I get in the VQ and I also buy a $ILL for later in the day for Tron for my wife and I. We ride using the VQ.

And she decides she doesn't want to ride it again with the $ILL. Will I be able to use her $ILL for myself?

I feel like that's not gaming the system or anything...we would have paid for an used 2 rides.

Let's say I get in the VQ and I also buy a $ILL for later in the day for Tron for my wife and I. We ride using the VQ.

And she decides she doesn't want to ride it again with the $ILL. Will I be able to use her $ILL for myself?

I feel like that's not gaming the system or anything...we would have paid for an used 2 rides.

It doesn't make a difference for regular LLs, so it shouldn't matter for the paid versions.

I feel like that's not gaming the system or anything...we would have paid for a used 2 rides.
as long as you have her ticket/Magicband and return during the allotted time, yes.

Going down tomorrow for a “one day” challenge (flying there and back the same day). We are passholders and thus have to make park pass reservations, which we have for magic kingdom. However, we want to join the VQ for guardians.

Everything I have read says that you don’t need a park pass to make a boarding group reservation but I haven’t seen anything addressing passholders - if i have an MK reservation am I going to be restricted from joining a guardians Bg?

Going down tomorrow for a “one day” challenge (flying there and back the same day). We are passholders and thus have to make park pass reservations, which we have for magic kingdom. However, we want to join the VQ for guardians.

Everything I have read says that you don’t need a park pass to make a boarding group reservation but I haven’t seen anything addressing passholders - if i have an MK reservation am I going to be restricted from joining a guardians Bg?
For an AP guest to be eligible to try for a 7AM VQ, the need to have a park reservation for the park where the VQ attraction is. In your case you would need to have an Epcot park reservation.

Is it possible to change your park reservation to Epcot, try for VQ and then after you try, swap your park reservation back to MK?

From the #1 post in this thread "Guests must be inside the theme park to request to join the virtual queue at 1:00 PM." I thought I read somewhere else in this thread (and can't find it), that you don't have to be in Epcot, say, to get the GotG VQ at 1:00, you can tap into Epcot and leave at any point before 1:00 and still be eligible. For example, we're staying at Boardwalk. If we spend the morning at MK, take the monorail to Epcot, tap in, then head back to our room where we'll be at 1:00, can we try for the VQ? OR do we physically have to be in the park?

Similarly, if we spend the morning at Epcot, then head over to HS before 1:00, can we still try for GotG at 1:00 since we had tapped into Epcot earlier?

From the #1 post in this thread "Guests must be inside the theme park to request to join the virtual queue at 1:00 PM." I thought I read somewhere else in this thread (and can't find it), that you don't have to be in Epcot, say, to get the GotG VQ at 1:00, you can tap into Epcot and leave at any point before 1:00 and still be eligible. For example, we're staying at Boardwalk. If we spend the morning at MK, take the monorail to Epcot, tap in, then head back to our room where we'll be at 1:00, can we try for the VQ? OR do we physically have to be in the park?

Similarly, if we spend the morning at Epcot, then head over to HS before 1:00, can we still try for GotG at 1:00 since we had tapped into Epcot earlier?
Thank you. I’ve updated the wording of the first post to read, ‘a guest must have tapped into a park’ to be eligible for the 1PM drop.

I will say this is the way it worked in the past but also cannot confirm it still works this way. I would anticipate it’s the same as nobody has shared otherwise.

In the past, for the 1PM VQ, as long as they had tapped into the park they were eligible. They did not need to still be in the park to be eligible.

If anyone has tried this since Jan 9, please share your experience here.

So much information in these threads. I apologize if these questions have already been addressed. Seems like the elimination of park reservations has changed some things. First time since pre Covid in the parks so lots to learn and understand. We are staying at a Valu with 2-day hopper next week.

Just want to clarify some things with quick answers from the pros.

Right now, what rides have virtual ques?

Right now, what rides have the individual lightning lanes you can buy?

If you miss getting a place in the virtual que rides, do you have the option to buy through individual lightning lane or will they be gone already at 7am?

If you really want to do a ride, should you just pay for it?

What is the earliest time you could get in a boarding group for a virtual que ride since resort guests can get in at 8 or 830 when the park opens at 9am?

If you do not buy Genie +, plan to wait in standby lanes for any rides you don’t buy individual lightning lanes for?

Really want to do Ride of Resistance and latest says no virtual que. Does this ride usually have an individual lightning lane to buy?

Thank You

I believe only Guardians and Tron.

Mine train
Tron
Guardians
Rise of the Resistance
Flight of Passage

If you miss getting a place in the virtual que rides, do you have the option to buy through individual lightning lane or will they be gone already at 7am?
We haven't had a problem getting them before 7:15. From personal experience, FOP and Rise sell out the quickest, followed by Guardians and then Tron.

Definitely.

If you do not buy Genie +, plan to wait in standby lanes for any rides you don’t buy individual lightning lanes for?
Yes.

Really want to do Ride of Resistance and latest says no virtual que. Does this ride usually have an individual lane?
Yes. You can buy the iLL at 7 A.M.

So much information in these threads. I apologize if these questions have already been addressed. Seems like the elimination of park reservations has changed some things. First time since pre Covid in the parks so lots to learn and understand. We are staying at a Valu with 2-day hopper next week.

Just want to clarify some things with quick answers from the pros.

What is the earliest time you could get in a boarding group for a virtual que ride since resort guests can get in at 8 or 830 when the park opens at 9am?

Really want to do Ride of Resistance and latest says no virtual que. Does this ride usually have an individual lightning lane to buy?

Thank You
I believe only Guardians and Tron.

Mine train
Tron
Guardians
Rise of the Resistance
Flight of Passage

We haven't had a problem getting them before 7:15. From personal experience, FOP and Rise sell out the quickest, followed by Guardians and then Tron.

Definitely.

Yes.

Yes. You can buy the iLL at 7 A.M.
You can buy ILLs at 7:00 if staying onsite. If staying offsite, you have to wait until park open. For most days, there will still be ILLs available for sale for all ILL rides at park open, but there are exceptions during the busiest weeks of the year.

Would the ones you buy have times before the 9am open seeing how resort guests can get in at 830? '
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter