Exchanged DVC AP for DVC PAP

dvcmom72 said:
so I just got off the phone with Member Services...I was told it CAN be done but it has to be done down there, at Guest Services. Not a big deal, I just thought I could save a few precious minutes of Disney time doing it ahead of time. I guess it just depends who you get on the phone! Maybe I'll try again later. :goodvibes

I would try again. I just upgraded yesterday. Tell them you heard it could be done by them connecting you to ticketing. That's what they did for me. The cast member I spoke to checked with a supervisor to see what the correct procedure would be, so you could maybe ask for a supervisor?

so I just got off the phone with Member Services...I was told it CAN be done but it has to be done down there, at Guest Services. Not a big deal, I just thought I could save a few precious minutes of Disney time doing it ahead of time. I guess it just depends who you get on the phone! Maybe I'll try again later. :goodvibes

I was able to upgrade my vouchers, so I would call back and try again with a new CM.

Has anyone upgraded an activated ticket?

I went in September and had no idea about this till I got home. Any help heading back for Christmas and really want the pap.

NvDizz said:

I went in September and had no idea about this till I got home. Any help heading back for Christmas and really want the pap.

I am wondering the same thing.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Just a guess, but you even if you were able to upgrade an activated ticket, wouldn't it still have to be done in the first 14 days after its first use?

Missyrose said:
Just a guess, but you even if you were able to upgrade an activated ticket, wouldn't it still have to be done in the first 14 days after its first use?

Correct. If the ticket has been used.

I've tried reading through all the pages but getting confused. In August we used some DVC AP vouchers and got 3 x AP's and paid to upgrade one to a PAP. We're going back in December and I'd like to try to get the regular AP's upgraded to PAP's. Has anyone managed to do that and where would you suggest the best place to try is?

Thanks

TinkTatoo said:
I've tried reading through all the pages but getting confused. In August we used some DVC AP vouchers and got 3 x AP's and paid to upgrade one to a PAP. We're going back in December and I'd like to try to get the regular AP's upgraded to PAP's. Has anyone managed to do that and where would you suggest the best place to try is?

Thanks

We upgraded one of our annual passes to a PAP at the Magic Kingdom without any problems.

srberubenh said:
We upgraded one of our annual passes to a PAP at the Magic Kingdom without any problems.

Great thanks, I'll give it a try when we're there.

We took care of both the voucher exchange and PAP upgrade at DTD guest relations. Usually not very busy and less stressful for us than being at a park waiting in line. We had no issues.

Woohoo!!!! Landed at 10 this morning and stopped at DTD Guest Services to see if we could upgrade ourAPs that we purchase and used in August. They were upgraded and we received a credit in a gift card of $166 for 6 APs.

Is it better to go to a ticket booth at the Magic Kingdom or Guest Services inside the park to upgrade a DVC anual pass to the new discounted PAP ?? Our passes were purchased on July 20th and were new DVC passes.
We will be arriving Thanksgiving Day in the morning (we have to go to Guest Services anyways.)

Thanks

We upgraded ours this morning at the guest services inside Epcot. Upgraded active APs to PAPs and got a refund in the form of a gift card. :goodvibes

You were able to convert an active AP to an Premium AP? From what I had read I thought they weren't doing that? Heck I would love to have the upgrade on my existing, activated AP, I could care less about the refund but I would love to have access to the water parks and 20% discount.

Jennife

You were able to convert an active AP to an Premium AP? From what I had read I thought they weren't doing that? Heck I would love to have the upgrade on my existing, activated AP, I could care less about the refund but I would love to have access to the water parks and 20% discount.

Jennife

Yes, I did this yesterday. The CM at Guest Relations at the International Gateway absolutely refused to do it, but they gladly did it at the Guest Relations inside Epcot near the front gate.

I too was able to upgrade our activated AP's to PAP's and receive a gift card this last Wednesday at the international Gateway. My wallet had a hard time understanding money coming in FROM the Mouse and not going OUT to the Mouse.

jlovesee said:

Jennife

Yes! My husband is a smoker and always chats with the other smokers in the smoking areas. One lady told him her family upgraded theirs at Epcot GR. We went in knowing we might be told no but they were very accommodating. The refund was a nice surprise!

We upgraded our non used (yet) APs that I purchased before the price increase to the PAP over the phone. I have a conf # I bring to the desk with me when we go to exchange our passes, also need the cc I bought them with, and we will get a refund and the PAPs. I don't care if the cc is refunded or they give us a gc (hello, I'd be more likely to spend the gc at Disney than the refund on my card, right!).

I've got 1 question? I know a few weeks/ month or so ago they weren't allowing used AP's to be upgraded . They also b4 that weren't allowing vouchers to be upgraded too....It appears they've since allowed both.

Will this only work for the few people that are scheduled to return back down there between now & Dec. 31st. (That is w/ all activated AP's) Or can We do an upgrad to PAP's over the phone w/ GR or something..

Thnks in advance..

Some have been able to do it over the phone but everyone has had success at Guest Services in WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter