*Exchangers-Come and join us for the QOTD & Chat w/us* Part 4-Our New Thread

It's a new one for us and very expensive. We were given a gift certificate from the guys that work for us one Christmas. Hope it's still good.........

So how was the steak dinner? I'm ready for the full report! I hope your experience was 100% better than mine :rotfl2:

It's Vacation Rental By Owner. People list their homes, condos, second homes, etc. on the website for rent. I've used them twice before and have been pleased with the rentals. It's nice to stay in a house than a hotel room when we're going to be somewhere several days.

That's cool! I've never heard of it! We've always just stayed at hotels.

the first one has already arrived in the mail. I usually end up with 30 or so from charities.
I will buy my Disney one when I am there in Oct.

Calendars..... what month do you usually get a calendar for the following year?

I'm like Disney Walle, I don't usually buy them. My calendar in the kitchen was a free one from Betty Crocker I got in the mail, each month has a new recipe. My calendar at work is from the ambulance company at work. Not very exciting!

My calendars are free from charities. Already have at least 1 of 2015.

I buy my first one when i first see them in the stores so that i can look up future dates. Then the rest i buy, given as gifts, and part of exchanges.

So how was the steak dinner? I'm ready for the full report! I hope your experience was 100% better than mine :rotfl2:

That's cool! I've never heard of it! We've always just stayed at hotels.
It was very good! Service was great too. Had jumbo shrimp cocktail, house salad with glazed pecans for croutons, medium cooked ribeye steak, Yukon gold and fingerling potatos cooked with onion and creamed corn. And to top it off we shared the most scrumptious melt in your mouth blueberry peach cobbler topped with homemade vanilla bean ice cream. Ahhhhh, it was delicious! Our dinner took two hours but we didn't notice the time, we were enjoying ourselves.

Calendars..... what month do you usually get a calendar for the following year?
I've already received one in the mail for next year from a charity we give to. I usually don't buy one. I need two, one for personal and one for work. My mom gets quite a few freebies in the mail but if she doesn't our bank usually has them.

Croutons, Boiled Egg, and Bacon

Whenever I'm given one ---- I never buy them
Boiled egg, I forgot about that.

It was very good! Service was great too. Had jumbo shrimp cocktail, house salad with glazed pecans for croutons, medium cooked ribeye steak, Yukon gold and fingerling potatos cooked with onion and creamed corn. And to top it off we shared the most scrumptious melt in your mouth blueberry peach cobbler topped with homemade vanilla bean ice cream. Ahhhhh, it was delicious! Our dinner took two hours but we didn't notice the time, we were enjoying ourselves..

That's awesome :thumbsup2! That sounds like a great dinner, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Its so nice to have an enjoyable night out. All this steak talk led me to wanting one last night, so we went out to dinner & got one! I think the last steak I had was last Oct at Yachtmans. You're a good saleswoman! Glazed pecans sound very yummy....

When you visit a particular place, do you purchase a shirt with the name of the place you have visited? Either a state shirt, a shirt with a companys name, ....?

tee shirts are my usual souvenirs.
Last trip (other than Disney) I got 3 or 4 new ones.
Locations and tourist places, not usually companies

When you visit a particular place, do you purchase a shirt with the name of the place you have visited? Either a state shirt, a shirt with a companys name, ....?
I used to but not anymore. I have a few t-shirts that I still wear to work out or work in the yard in but I normally don't wear t-shirts anymore. I still have two that Nancy gave me in a t-shirt exchange way back when.

No, not usually. I like t-shirts souvenirs but they are usually so costly that I can't bring myself to buy them.

I do but they have to be a sweat shirt. It too cold here to wear t shirts all year

I'm a t-shirt and jeans kinda gal when I'm not at the office. Some of my favorite t-shirts are from places I've visited. I buy a t-shirt nearly every time I travel somewhere for vacation.

My last several vacations have only been WDW, I like buying tshirts or a nice sweatshirt. When I wear them I smile thinking about my trips!

If you were given the opportunity to host an exchange student, would you? And if you were able to pick the county of where the student is from, which country would you choose?

not anymore.
No room, too old and like my privacy now......if my kids were younger, then yes.
Country wouldn't matter.

Not now but maybe when the kids were growing up. No particular country.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter