Excited about Pin trading!

Aww that's a bummer :sad1:

The first pin event in a long time I haven't been able to get to and they put the WDW Grand Floridian up.

Luckily I got in and was able to get Master Gracy to complete the collection. However, while I was in there it was obvious to me why the line is so slow moving. Phin is very fast, it is not her fault. Many players do not understand the concept of the pin trading room. I could tell that Phin had to explain the rules to people she was trading with. At one point she had to remind the room twice about how the event works. Also , folks on slower computers need a little extra time.

You could tell who the veteran players were. Their trading was done within seconds. :)

word! :rotfl:

The last event I was in there, she had to skip someone and trade with me ahead of them. She is very good at this, but unprepared people keep the numbers down. Its pretty amazing that for 3 hours she manages to do this nonstop when you think about it.

Also I think the issue of not being able to say some words in VMK makes it go long. I really wanted Bride pin. And being tired because it was passed my betime. I kept trying to type it thinking it was spelled wrong. Instead of asking for attic pin I just went with Leota. Knowing how precious time was for others. But if you are a kid and do not know the other pins it could cause more delays.

Also what was it with the lock up tonight for pin trading. Any ideas why it just froze.

Also what was it with the lock up tonight for pin trading. Any ideas why it just froze.

I am sure the lock up was caused by mule overload. People getting main and a mule logged in waiting for queue to open. How I so miss the time when there was no calendar. ;)

word! :rotfl:

The last event I was in there, she had to skip someone and trade with me ahead of them. She is very good at this, but unprepared people keep the numbers down. Its pretty amazing that for 3 hours she manages to do this nonstop when you think about it.

Aengus you have a good point. I can't imagine the patience required to do the host's job to trade that long, keep the line moving, deal with people asking ridiculous questions and not understanding the event.

Good job to get as many through as you do!

Dory

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter