expedia - meals and tickets included offer

We have only got a standard room booked as well, which we thought nothing of; as it doesn't state anywhere on the website standard rooms are excluded. They really need to make this all more clear, they can't just put a notice of a special offer without any information; then at a later date just offer "sorry" you have the wrong room/booking type. Well they can (and have done) but they should be more transparent! We are totally prepared to pay extra for a room included in the offer, but they didn't even mention that! It seems we are all receiving different information :rolleyes: I dare not ring up Disney lest they investigate and find out people have been offered free dining when they shouldn't have been!

We have only got a standard room booked as well, which we thought nothing off as it doesn't state anywhere on the website. They really need to make this all much more clear, they can't just put a notice of a special offer without any information then at a later date just offer "sorry" you have the wrong room/booking type. Well they can (and have done) but they should be more transparent! We are totally prepared to pay extra for a room included in the offer, but they didn't even mention that! It seems we are all receiving different information :rolleyes: I dare not ring up Disney lest they investigate and find out people have been offered free dining when they shouldn't have been!

You're 100% right. From the information (ON THEIR WEBSITE!!), one would assume that all rooms and all dates were included. Not only that, but it also states that park tickets are included too! We have APs so this part doesn't affect us, but imagine turning up thinking your tickets and meals had already been paid for and they hadn't. :scared1:

You're 100% right. From the information (ON THEIR WEBSITE!!), one would assume that all rooms and all dates were included. Not only that, but it also states that park tickets are included too! We have APs so this part doesn't affect us, but imagine turning up thinking your tickets and meals had already been paid for and they hadn't. :scared1:

With regards to the tickets when you look for a hotel there are options to book room only or room with the park tickets included which I find a lot clearer than the free dining offer.

Can't wait for the first lot to go to find out how this is all going to work out.

We're still going to go in January and treat the free dining as a bonus if we get it (we do have the confirmation email too) as it's so cheap to go anyway, but can understand if you've booked solely because of the offer.

With regards to the tickets when you look for a hotel there are options to book room only or room with the park tickets included which I find a lot clearer than the free dining offer.

Can't wait for the first lot to go to find out how this is all going to work out.

We're still going to go in January and treat the free dining as a bonus if we get it (we do have the confirmation email too) as it's so cheap to go anyway, but can understand if you've booked solely because of the offer.

I agree with you, if i get the dining it will be a bonus. I am off on 30th November so will let you all know what happened when i return.

I was referring to a section of the website where it states that all DLRP holidays include free dining and tickets too. The following is taken from the DLRP section under 'DEALS':

THE NEW OFFER - from 01st Sept 09 (for arrivals 01 Sept 2009 to 1st April 2010+)

All your meals for Free!

When you book a minimum 3-day/ 2-night stay in a Disney Hotel at Disneyland Paris

Package includes

Accommodation in a Disney hotel
Tickets for the 2 Disney® Parks
Breakfast in your Disney hotel

AND

2 FREE meal vouchers per person, per night booked (1).
Valid in a wide variety of restaurants across the resort.
Combinable with: Kids Stay & Play Free offers!
Must book by 15th November 2009 for arrivals until 1st April 2010(2)

Yes, I see that, but it does clearly state when you start your booking process with Expedia, if the price you're paying, and the option you've chosen, includes park tickets or not.

yeah but that says package booked. if you pay room only price which is listed when you book that is not a package

The information is very misleading. I know what you're saying in that the price options for room only/room with tickets are clearly displayed underneath each hotel. What I was trying to say is that someone might read the information I posted and assume that ANY booking they make for the dates stated includes tickets and free dining. However, someone else might understand it as only ticket-inclusive packages are valid for free dining. Perhaps the latter explanation is correct, as someone futher up said that Expedia told them they weren't eligible for free dining as they had booked room only. Who knows? Expedia certainly don't as we are being told so many different things.

It's all very confusing and I hope that everyone manages to get what they think they are entitled to.

EDIT: For the record, I've not booked a ticket-inclusive package as we have APs. We have emails confirming that free dining is included with what we've booked, so I don't know why people like me and Princesskins/Disneyfoo are receiving such contradictory information.

yes i can see what you mean. normally i find their info easy to follow but they have really made a mess of this offer.

Thing is, I've had a quick look at the booking process for a tickets-included package on Expedia - and the Free Disney Dining offer doesn't appear anywhere on the booking description there either (ie just like the room-only bookings :confused3).

So even if you did book a package with tickets from Expedia (although why you would, as its more expensive than Disney by the looks of it), you'd have to get the Free Disney Dining manually added to your booking confirmation anyway, as it doesn't show up automatically.

I'm also going on 30th November, room-only (standard room at the Santa Fe) with the free Disney Dining note added to my confirmation (just like Britchic's). So I'll let you know how it goes.

The only place we saw any information for the offer was a sign for "Special offer-free Disney Dining Plan" this did not specify for which rooms etc it was valid. I have also tried looking again and it still doesn't have anymore information for it, on either the full packages or room only :confused3

Like MummyMinnie and pyebibby have said, if we get the free dining it will be bonus; but we are not holding out much hope. They are supposed to be emailing us today so I will update with that.

I've just posted this on another forum, thought it might be useful here too -

The free Disney Dining Plan is still there on Expedia for all the onsite hotels - but has been added to the description for the park ticket-inclusive packages only. This is what it says now -

"Standard Room-Park Tickets - FREE DISNEY DINING PLAN
Includes: All Meals, Continental Breakfast, Free Parking"

The "FREE DISNEY DINING PLAN" no longer shows on the front description page of the hotel, or on the room-only booking descriptions.

It may be that that was what was intended by Disney and Expedia all along, but Expedia have accepted bookings (including mine) at room only with Free Dining included, since at least the last week of September (thats when I booked) so its taken them what? 5 weeks to sort this out, knowing it was an issue.

I still have the Free Dining included note on my booking, so will still be arguing my case politely when I get to DLP at the end of this month.

I've just posted this on another forum, thought it might be useful here too -

The free Disney Dining Plan is still there on Expedia for all the onsite hotels - but has been added to the description for the park ticket-inclusive packages only. This is what it says now -

"Standard Room-Park Tickets - FREE DISNEY DINING PLAN
Includes: All Meals, Continental Breakfast, Free Parking"

The "FREE DISNEY DINING PLAN" no longer shows on the front description page of the hotel, or on the room-only booking descriptions.

It may be that that was what was intended by Disney and Expedia all along, but Expedia have accepted bookings (including mine) at room only with Free Dining included, since at least the last week of September (thats when I booked) so its taken them what? 5 weeks to sort this out, knowing it was an issue.

I still have the Free Dining included note on my booking, so will still be arguing my case politely when I get to DLP at the end of this month.

Uh-oh! As you say, it may have always been the intention that only ticket-inclusive packages were eligible for free dining.

I'm not looking forward to (possibly) arguing my case next week. :sad2:

Although I have the emails I posted earlier in this thread, I thought it'd be best to get a note added to my booking too, so I emailed Expedia this morning. They have sent one back saying they will look into it and get back to me by the end of the day, which sounds a bit ominous! :scared1:

Really though, they should have the decency to honour any bookings made before they made the rules clear, especially if they actually told some of us that free dining was included! This is such a mess and I'm sick of thinking and talking about it!!

Hi, just to let you know I also contacted expedia again to see if the free dinning note could be added to my booking, this was about lunch time today and have had this reply,

I have attached notes for you to your itinerary after talking to Disney agent AJA. If you need any further help or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us further. We are available 24 hours on 0871 226 0808 (Calls charged at 10 pence per minute BT rate. Charges may vary from other
networks) or from outside the UK on +44 203 0248211 (usual costs apply).

Thank you for using Expedia.co.uk

I have checked my booking and this note is showing.

I have called the resort and I was advised by AJA that your vouchers for your free Disney Dining Plan will be issed when you check-in.

Hoping this will now be OK. (I only hope she told AJA thay I was room only. my mind is working overtime now!)

Shellyd

This is getting really silly now. I too booked with expedia at santa Fe room only with the said included free dining and got a poor email confirmation back from expedia. However after reading all the worrying threads i decided to contact expedia again, who are now claiming to have NO knowledge of this offer, say Dsiney are not honouring this offer and i am still awaiting another call back from a guy who really seems to want to help, but is getting nowhere!!! By the time i have finished with all the calls to expedia i could have paid for my meals instead!!!:confused3
So i go on 23rd November, will anyone be going prior to this who has booked room only with free dining?? as i really don't know what to do.:sad2:

Hmm, I'm getting really worried now as I can't even access my itinerary online. I hope they haven't cancelled my holiday. :(

I am keeping my fingers crossed for everyone but will not count my chickens until someone has been and reported back.
If it helps I emailed travel@support.expedia.co.uk and Maria replied.
Shelly

P.S I also sent the screen prints of the offer showing my dates and the special offer includes disney free dining as an attachment.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for everyone but will not count my chickens until someone has been and reported back.

Indeed.

If it helps I emailed travel@support.expedia.co.uk and Maria replied.
Shelly

Every time I've spoken to Expedia, it's been a different person replying. It's really annoying as I'd much rather deal with one person who knows the whole story.

P.S I also sent the screen prints of the offer showing my dates and the special offer includes disney free dining as an attachment.

Could you please tell me what the second document says? Would you please be able to send it to me? I can PM you my email address.

I dont mind sending it to you at all. I have tried to paste it on here but can't.
It is just the first pricing screen you get after you have entered the dates and it brings up the list of hotels for you to chose. I panned down to the Crocket Ranch and it had the green box stating Special Offer Free Disney Dining Plan. Then below had the prices for each day. ( Ralph made two separate bookings at the same time One for 2 Days and one for 3 days because if he put 5 days the special offer box didn't show) I then pressed the Print Screen button and pasted it onto the word doc.

Hope this helps
Shelly
PS, forgot to add, pm me your email and will sent you the print screen if you want to see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter