expedia - meals and tickets included offer

I think Disneyfoo and Princesskins have tried that - and are still not getting anywhere fast.

I'm phoning the lovely Miles at Expedia every day at the moment - he's got one hour to do what he said was going to happen since yesterday at this time, and then I'll be back on the phone to him again ;).

Get Miles to transfer you to Roisin Elaine. You are welcome to use my name with her (PM me for surname) - I said my friend had dealt with her although I didn't give a name. She definitely knows what is going on even if she is the only one in the entire company.

I think Disneyfoo and Princesskins have tried that - and are still not getting anywhere fast.

I'm phoning the lovely Miles at Expedia every day at the moment - he's got one hour to do what he said was going to happen since yesterday at this time, and then I'll be back on the phone to him again ;).

Hope you get it sorted Elaine :)

Can you not ring and demand to speak to a manager?

well, disneyfoo has spoken to two or three managers and we've got nowhere... but I know from working in call centre that sometimes managers can't do anything. sometimes they're only there to manage people, sometimes there's limitations/restrictions that stop them from doing anything.

I think in this case they just simply don't want to help. If they're not ignoring our emails they're trying to give us shoddy excuses and haven't done anything that's helped us in any way.

I really really hope everyone else who is trying to get a resolution experiences better service than we have and gets a resolution.

every time I click on this thread I hope it's to read you've had your problem resolved Princesskins. I can't believe they are still messing you about, it's just appalling service.:mad:

Whenever I ring they just say the "other people who will receive the free dining must have a different package to you." They refuse to believe that room only bookings have got it, and they say "offers change all the time" so in other words we booked on a different day so we can't have it! Even though it said we would!! It is something of a farce now, I shall try asking for Roisin but I presume I will face a brickwall once more.

Edit: well despite my somewhat pessimistic attitude I have actually managed to get a little further. I got through to the Indian call centre and after a helpful chap went away and looked over our problem for half an hour he rang back and said he had put a note on our account that we need to speak to a manager as this issue is not resolved. He then offered to put me through to his supervisor who was extremely helpful and made no mention of different packages or different offers. He said he thought it was not good enough that this had not been resolved, he had heard of this issue before and he couldn't understand why others have had it resolved but not us. Also he said the last manager had put a note on our account saying the issue had been resolved, well he opened it again and has made it high priority.

That sounds like at least you're getting somewhere Disneyfoo.

I can confirm Expedia did charge me and refund me the same amount, even though that amount was higher than had been quoted to me on the phone. So all seeming well from here at last.
Hope the rest of you get sorted ASAP.

PS. The amount was only £100 less than our 4 nights cost in the beginning so Expedia has really taken a hit on this.

Did the refund process through the bank on the same day it was taken britchic? Just wondering, in case thats the resolution they give me, as the only money I've got in the bank at the moment is my spending money for next week!

Did the refund process through the bank on the same day it was taken britchic? Just wondering, in case thats the resolution they give me, as the only money I've got in the bank at the moment is my spending money for next week!

Well they did it on the credit card I paid on originally, and it is showing on that statement as both transactions on the same day, although I don't know if the refund takes longer to actually clear. I'm sure you could ask them to do it on a credit card and then it wouldn't have the same effect?

Thanks, I'll just have to wait and see what transpires - so far, I'm getting a similar story to LisaC, just waiting for the actual names to come in writing from both Expedia and Disney, so I have named individuals to go to if and when it all goes horribly wrong at check-in. Time for another email to Expedia I think.

Thanks, I'll just have to wait and see what transpires - so far, I'm getting a similar story to LisaC, just waiting for the actual names to come in writing from both Expedia and Disney, so I have named individuals to go to if and when it all goes horribly wrong at check-in. Time for another email to Expedia I think.

Have you managed to get in contact with Roisin? I'd be tempted to try and find her at Greenbee if you're having no luck with Expedia. Think it must be the same person.

Yep, tried to call her today, but as I don't know her name, or where she's located, that was a non-starter (I did suggest she might be in Northern Ireland? But I couldn't get put through to that office, it was ringing out).

Never mind, I'll just keep on at them ;).

Keep reading this thread hoping you've had a definitive answer.
This is a really poor show from Expedia, hope you all manage to get it sorted and get the free meals package that you originally booked. :goodvibes

I found this which shows Greenbee are run by Expedia:
The deal: The travel offering - flights, hotels, car hire, etc - is run by Expedia.co.uk and is remarkably similar, except that the page is branded Greenbee.

Is it good value? A resounding yes. Anyone thinking of buying on expedia.co.uk should go to Greenbee; you'll find exactly the same deal at a lower price or the same price as expedia's own site.

So this explains why Roisin at Greenbee is certainly the same as Roisin as Expedia. Oh and if you google Roisin and Greenbee this thread is the third item to come up!

:headache: I'm back to square one now! I have been waiting for a call from a manager since Tuesday, suffice to say I have not recieved one despite three phone calls in the mean time. At every stage there is a different story. I am going to try and get in contact with the guy I spoke to on Tuesday, as he seems to be the only one with any understanding of the issue. They are still trying to fob me off, but I am annoyed now so I won't give up :-)

Edit: it gets better, when I metioned that quite a number of people have booked the same room type as us I was asked in a very sarcastic voice "you seem to know quite a few people going, are there a party of you?!" so he accused me of lying about other people basically!

This is all very stressful, if you do start the ball rolling with Expedia, as I've certainly found out this week :sad2:.

However, I have at last, and at the final hour (we go on Sunday!) had a satsifactory resolution from Expedia :worship::worship:. They have contacted the hotel, and have been told there is just no way that the Dining Plan vouchers can be added to a room-only booking. So, in my case, Expedia asked Disney how much the meal vouchers would cost if added to a booking (ie like the existing half board plan I imagine). Disney have given them the figure of 140 euros, for 2 nights, 1 adult and 1 child. So Expedia are now refunding me the sterling equivalent of this, £127.94, and will email me confirmation once this has been done.

I have literally just come off the phone with Donna at Expedia.

It really does seem like, unless you are lucky enough to get Roisin, you have to push and push Expedia to get any kind of resolution. Since last Wednesday, I have called Expedia every day, and its only now that I've actually been offered any kind of resolution.

Thank goodness - I honestly thought, if this carried on into the weekend, that I'd have to blow the secret with my DD, and tell her we're going (she'd have overheard the conversations somehow, I'm sure).

I'm so glad you've had a result Elaine, and I completely agree that at this stage that is a good result. However it STILL isn't what you booked, as they have presumably just given you the face value of the vouchers and what they are 'worth' for a set meal is often or even always more than the face value.
I'm sure I'm preaching to the converted here but while they have offered some kind of resolution they have not fulfilled the contract and the effort we have all had to put in to get a result is truly shocking. What is worse is the numbers of people who don't visit this board and will just be turning up at the hotels expecting their meals to be paid for. I certainly hope it doesn't ruin anyone's Christmas to have to pay out unexpectedly.

Glad you finally got a resolution Elaine, hope you have a lovely trip and non stressful trip ;)

Thanks Emma - I certainly feel a load has been lifted since my last phone call with Donna :).

I'm so glad you've had a result Elaine, and I completely agree that at this stage that is a good result. However it STILL isn't what you booked, as they have presumably just given you the face value of the vouchers and what they are 'worth' for a set meal is often or even always more than the face value.
I'm sure I'm preaching to the converted here but while they have offered some kind of resolution they have not fulfilled the contract and the effort we have all had to put in to get a result is truly shocking. What is worse is the numbers of people who don't visit this board and will just be turning up at the hotels expecting their meals to be paid for. I certainly hope it doesn't ruin anyone's Christmas to have to pay out unexpectedly.

As far as the monetary value of the refund I've received goes, its actually about 50 euros more than the free Dining Plan vouchers monetary value - I've been trying to work out how Disney have come to their figure, with no success at all. But I'm not complaining - as it works out at about £64 per day for meals, which, coupled with my shareholders and AP discount, will be easily enough for all our meals, both counter and table service.

I totally agree with you about all those people who've booked with Expedia and don't know about this debacle - they'll undoubtedly turn up at their hotel looking for their Disney Dining Plan vouchers, which won't be honoured, and which Expedia won't have bothered to tell them. Its appalling.

Argh!! It is getting ridiculous now, they are refusing to believe that people have had booking upgraded/ refunds etc :-( I told them to ring Roisin, and I am expecting a call within 3 hours. I was also told to send an email with the first and last names of people who have had their booking upgraded! It's so annoying, everytime I ring I have to explain what has happened then listen to someone telling me I'm wrong!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter