How hard to book within 7 month window at BWV for BW View or Standard

• Was able to get BW View within 7 months during popular times

• Was able to get BW Standard withing 7 months during popular times

• Waitlisted for BW View or standard and got what I wanted

• Was not able to get BW View or standard during popular times

Results are only viewable after voting.

RAD

DIS Veteran
There is another thread about the importance of having the 11 month booking window at BWV http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=921251 and that's got me curious, how hard is it for non-BWV owners to book within the 7 month window during 'popular' DVC times, such as Food and Wind Fest or early December. I'm interested in being able to get Boardwalk View or Standard view rooms, not preferreed since that's the largest pool of rooms at BWV. Just curious. Thanks

It's hard to book either standard or Boardwalk view at 7 months. There are some times of year when it seems not to be much of an issue but the times you mention will be a problem.

We are Boardwalk owners but are saving those points for next New Year's. We have a trip that starts on Saturday at the BWV for the food and wine festival that I changed over at 7 months from the VWL. I was on a wait list for the past 7 months for either a standard or a Boardwalk view and it never came through. They are hard rooms to get at 7 months.

HBC

If you want standard or BW view at 7 months for F & W or early Dec. you will need to be very flexible with dates. And I would suggest calling day by day once you have established a beginning date.

I think you have a better chance if you can be flexible with your dates.

To date i have not come across any problems booking at the 7 month window but i was also pretty flexible with my dates anytime in Oct (avoiding Halloween) and into the first two weeks of November so that most likely helped me to get acccomdations i wanted.

Went to WDW in June, stayed at BCV. Got home and tried to change my reservation in late Nov from BCV to BWV. I'm still waitlisted!!!! It wasn't available in early June when I called. I own at BWV but made the reservation past the 7 mo window, so I lose. I don't hold out much hope of getting my BWV studio....any view....for Nov 30 to Dec 4. Ah well.

We will be leaving for our 3rd BWV trip in a few weeks. For our first two trips, there were no standard 1BRs left at 7 months. This trip, we were able to get a standard view for 7 nights!

I'm posting about my most recent experience. I was waitlisted at BWV in a Standard View Studio for both 01/01/06 and 01/05/06 (I had 12/27/05-12/31/05, 1/02-1/04 & 1/06 already). I just got the call this week that my waitlist came through so now I am booked from 12/27-1/6 in a Standard View Studio at BWV.

I didn't get a standard studio for this weekend, but we did GET INTO the BWV, we were booked at SSR when I first made the ressie at the very end of May. We were well within the 7 month period. ( I would have been very happy at SSR, but I had already a SV studio at BWV, that I had gotten in March, before the 7 month window opened. People went back and forth, I actually HAD 2 SV studios, then people cancelled, and then they changed their minds again. What I have learned from this is not to cancel until I have to cancel.)

Bobbi :dog:

bobbiwoz said:
...(snip).... but I had already a SV studio at BWV, that I had gotten in March, before the 7 month window opened. People went back and forth, I actually HAD 2 SV studios, then people cancelled, and then they changed their minds again. What I have learned from this is not to cancel until I have to cancel.)

Bobbi :dog:
LOL, Bobbi - What I would have learned from that is not to invite the fickle! :teeth: :teeth: Glad you at least got rooms where you wanted to be.

Best wishes-

H Carol :wave:

I just knew someone would say that! What can I say! It's my DSis, and part of the problem is her work. The company is being acquired, and every day she has to wonder if (where) she's going to be working next year. The choices are NJ or Illinois!

I'm alright with it all, DSis isn't coming after all, but I had invited a DCuz who's coming and sharing the room with me.

What I can't "get over" are the extra points it's costing me! Even if there had been SV during the last month, those points would have been in holding, and not really of use to me, so I've decided to really enjoy the view, whatever it is!!

Bobbi :flower:

EdDome said:
How is it for availability in mid-June at the 7 month window?
Summer time is relatively easy to get at the 7 month mark. Shouldn't be a problem getting a PV - Pool/Garden. You may have to waitlist for one or more of the days if you want standard view or guaranteed BW view, though.

bobbiwoz said:
What I can't "get over" are the extra points it's costing me! Even if there had been SV during the last month, those points would have been in holding, and not really of use to me, so I've decided to really enjoy the view, whatever it is!!
Good for you - with that attitude you can't go wrong!

Best wishes-

I booked BWV Boardwalk view for the first week of May 2005. It was the week that began the 50th anniversary celebration.

I also had no problem booking BCV at 7 months for next week, which is during the Food & Wine Festival.

Now, the real question may be...What size room are you trying to book at these times? I only booked a studio in both cases.

what your poll ask and what your post asks are two different questions.

the poll asks how hard is it to get BWV standard view at 7 months? well except for the food/wine festavial, thanksgiving, Dec 1 -18, it is not that hard.

then in your post you ask about the above dates - guess what that is the hardest time to get a DVC resort period. much rather BWV standard view.

most of the rest of the year at several DVC resorts are sold out - the fall/winter season is that popular.

I guess we had a lot of Pixie Dust. We booked a BWV standard view 1 bedroom just after 7 months had opened up for April 2005 (school vacation). We even got a dedicated 1br 3121 with a terrific balcony spanning the living room and bedroom. I'll just have to realize that may never happen again.

spiceycat said:
what your poll ask and what your post asks are two different questions.

the poll asks how hard is it to get BWV standard view at 7 months? well except for the food/wine festavial, thanksgiving, Dec 1 -18, it is not that hard.

then in your post you ask about the above dates - guess what that is the hardest time to get a DVC resort period. much rather BWV standard view.

most of the rest of the year at several DVC resorts are sold out - the fall/winter season is that popular.

I'm confused by your comment. On both the poll and the post I say 'popular times'. I only started this poll since in the thread that I linked to in the post the person was asking specifically abour wanting to buy at BWV but was looking at OKW for the lower costs. That thread went into folks saying important/not important and the 'popular time' issue. So if it was important for her to stay at BWV I was hoping to get a feel in the poll for what type of experience folks were having during DVC popular times. It's much easier to see it in a poll then read through many pages of posts to get a handle on the answer.

popular times vary.

popular times are generally spring break, summer, christmas break for WDW.

Popular times for DVC members are Dec 1-14, food/wine festavial and thanksgiving.

so I really think you confused some people who voted then read your post.

a different point of view.

lots of time I can call in August and I can't get anything for Dec 1-14 (like this year).

I can call in June (pretty often) and get July.

spiceycat said:
popular times vary.

popular times are generally spring break, summer, christmas break for WDW.

Popular times for DVC members are Dec 1-14, food/wine festavial and thanksgiving.

so I really think you confused some people who voted then read your post.

a different point of view.

lots of time I can call in August and I can't get anything for Dec 1-14 (like this year).

I can call in June (pretty often) and get July.

Now I see where you're coming from. I assumed that folks read the post to see what the thread is about before voting. I was trying to keep the discription short on the poll.

I didn't respond to your poll because it was both available and not available.

We booked a 1BR at BWV for this October about 6 months in advance. I was surprised that we could get 9 out of 11 nights in BW view on that first call. SV was much less available.

We took the BW view and had to waitlist the first and last nights of our stay: Columbus Day and 10/20. We gave up on 10/20 and have still not gotten our waitlist for 10/10. So, as others have posted, there is availability if you are flexible, esp. if can still plan many months in advance.

-- Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter