Experiencing the Reimagined Top of the World Lounge - A Villains Lair!

Do we know if the food will be permanently set up on the bar? I liked to sit at the bar there- and not at the lounge seating. Will be super bummed if the bar seating is gone.

And can you also share back what they asked to see?
I’ll let you know. I know that so far most places want to see my card loaded on my digital wallet and they make me click to where it shows my affiliation. I have my old hard blue card that some people are okay with, but all of the CMs are telling me that they will get strict about the digital wallet soon.

I’ll let you know. I know that so far most places want to see my card loaded on my digital wallet and they make me click to where it shows my affiliation. I have my old hard blue card that some people are okay with, but all of the CMs are telling me that they will get strict about the digital wallet soon.

I have the same experience but we will see reports of people getting away with showing cards, including the white one.

Do we know if the food will be permanently set up on the bar? I liked to sit at the bar there- and not at the lounge seating. Will be super bummed if the bar seating is gone.

It’s not an all you can eat situation so I can’t see that being the case.

The reservation just guarantees you will have a table when you get there vs showing up only to find it at capacity.

I'm looking for where to make a reservation...but am coming up short. Is this something I have to call for?

All of the videos are from the media previews and depict the sample portions set out buffet style on the bar top.

I'm looking for where to make a reservation...but am coming up short. Is this something I have to call for?

You have to call MS. It’s not something that shows in MDE. And it’s being reported that all nights are sold out already through Aug 7th.

It is currently only scheduled until Aug 11th.

You don’t pay until you get there that night.

I spoke with two DVC representatives and they said there are no walk ups or first come, first serve. ( as they are classifying July 11- August 11 as a "special event". ) What I am not sure of is if they are taking reservation for the entire lounge and not letting any walk ups. Thats what they told me on the phone. And BTW, as of this morning, it is entirely booked to August 7.
That makes sense for the lounge. Did you ask about the deck? That holds a LOT of people. For past special events they roped off a section of the deck for the lounge guests, but the rest of the deck (about 2/3 maybe?) was available for walk-ups to watch the fireworks. That's the question I really would like answered, but we won't be there until late November, so who knows what will be happening then.

In in my case, the things I am ordering would be $52 and what my friend will is $48.
We are using this to replace a sit down meal at Toppolinos we had so in essence we are paying a slight upcharge to know we will have seats.

Plus what we don’t finish will be brought back to the room for lunch the next day since we will be at the pool until the afternoon.

Personally, I think it’s great to be able to reserve a table as we visited plenty of times and could not get a seat in the lounge. No rushing from Epcot for us.

But it won’t work for everyone and those that just want to visit and not reserve, that option does still exist! And FCFS is what I will do when I am solo and not going with friends who won’t be back for a few years!

It costs $52 because Disney told you that's what it cost to make it seem "worth" it.

What exactly can you bring back? The portions aren't healthy for $52 either.

Toppolinos is easily a better value with a different show. As someone else mentioned it makes more sense to do California Grill for just a little more.

It costs $52 because Disney told you that's what it cost to make it seem "worth" it.

What exactly can you bring back? The portions aren't healthy for $52 either.

Toppolinos is easily a better value with a different show. As someone else mentioned it makes more sense to do California Grill for just a little more.

Value is subjective. I routinely pay $16 to $18 for my drink of choice at the bars around WDW They always determine what they charge at all their lounges and bars so this isn’t anything. different. I guess I am not sure what your point is there

What will we bring back? One persons appetizer and one persons cake. We will share my things

I am not a fan of California grill so for us it’s not an option. And we decided that we were okay with these options compared to what we would have spent at Toppolinos, since in the end it is costing us less

Not sure why I need to explain other than to say that each person gets to decide how and what they want to do and for is, this is now a great option. We find it well worth the value for our party.

Last edited:
Talked to my DH about this "viewing" deal. He was hilarious "I'm not paying to watch fireworks" So there's that. But the funny thing is many people do, and many people like the desert parties etc. So I'm sure this event will continue to sell very well. I just hope they take walk ins (especially early 6ish)

I can see this being a good option for MK day guests on party days. When the park closes they could go over to BLT, have nice snacks and drinks and then watch the special fireworks. But only if you’re a blue card :P

I have read a report that the membership identification card on the website has been updated to removed TOTWL. Can anyone who is white card only check to see what it says?

Can't wait to hear first hand reviews. What I don't understand and this is not just this page but other comments on social media is why people get upset with offers they don't want to partake in. I am not a drinker, but I am happy for those that want to book this and have the options. If my family wants to try it, then I will pay regardless of whether I get an alcohol beverage or not.
My guess on seating is there will be a set number of tables for this and when they are all booked there is nothing else left. The deck will be available on a first come first serve for those not booking the Villain's Lair. If all the VL tables are not booked, I think they will take walk ups.

Last edited:
I have read a report that the membership identification card on the website has been updated to removed TOTWL. Can anyone who is white card only check to see what it says?
On my membership (resale) I can only access a temporary electronic card? It says it’s good for one month. Beside name and account number the card says:

With this identification, you can enjoy:
  • Pool hopping
Offerings subject to change and to availability. View important details.

What I don't understand and this is not just this page but other comments on social media is why people get upset with offers they don't want to partake in.
I think that it comes down to charging for an event that will either reduce or eliminate the ability of members to enjoy the space which is supposedly open to all eligible members. It comes across as something that's a benefit until DVC severely limits access by selling some of that space.

On my membership (resale) I can only access a temporary electronic card? It says it’s good for one month. Beside name and account number the card says:

With this identification, you can enjoy:
  • Pool hopping
Offerings subject to change and to availability. View important details.

Thank you. So they have indeed updated it It means that those not eligible won’t be able to even use this to try to get in.

I had a feeling that this would happen. I am surprised that they have not added ”This card is valid for discounts or purchase of Sorcerer Pass”.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter