• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Facebook response from Pete Werner

I do know that administrators have to back up their people, that’s just a management rule, but one must question if the results justified that support. Apparently others were "minding the store" and management got stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Sorry but wrong. We were well aware what was going on and that resulted in Kathy's play nice post.

I feel like an impartial observer here, and no one may care about my opinion, which is ok. I just think boards are here for everyone to offer their thoughts on various topics. It appears that if your thoughts are not with the admin’s here, then they don’t want to hear from you and you are gone.

They are here for everyone to offer their thoughts within our guidelines

I belong to many discussion boards, and again as a newbie here, I was really taken aback by actions that were taken. I was well aware of the original threads and posts that started all this as well as the admin’s warnings/requests. If everyone keeps getting kicked off, what are you left with? I still like to participate and get information here, but I have to feel comfortable and that I can express my opinion without fear of retaliation. (Trust me, my opinions fall within the guide lines of the board).

If your opinion is well within the guidelines of the board and EXPRESSED in a way that is within the guidelines than you have nothing to worry about. If everyone did that we would not be having this discussion

Maybe your camping forum will grow again…..but you now have stiff competition. There’s a new kid on the block. This may have been a costly decision, and did it really have to come to this…..I’m just sayin”

Believe it or not that is not something we even think about. While all forums want more traffic we have learned over the years our best path is to enforce our guidelines. If we do that the boards always grow. It's been true for over 10 years. You don't think this is the first board on our forums that has ever had a melt down do you?

If you choose to ban me as well, because I have an opinion on this subject,then your forum has reverted to days long gone. So who is being exclusive now?

I'm not going to ban you because you expressed yourself without attacking anyone and within our guidelines.

Sorry but wrong. We were well aware what was going on and that resulted in Kathy's play nice post.

They are here for everyone to offer their thoughts within our guidelines

If your opinion is well within the guidelines of the board and EXPRESSED in a way that is within the guidelines than you have nothing to worry about. If everyone did that we would not be having this discussion

Believe it or not that is not something we even think about. While all forums want more traffic we have learned over the years our best path is to enforce our guidelines. If we do that the boards always grow. It's been true for over 10 years. You don't think this is the first board on our forums that has ever had a melt down do you?

I'm not going to ban you because you expressed yourself without attacking anyone and within our guidelines.

:goodvibes

Nuff Said

Larry

Nothing is ever as simple as it seems. There are always things in the going on in the background.

Actually, it was as simple as it seems!

To paraphrase what Alex said, we welcome different viewpoints as long as they're expressed respectfully and in accordance to our pretty simple guidelines.

Insulting, ridiculing or attacking other posters, our staff or the DISboards themselves is the reason for every banning that I'm aware of here.

I did see some interesting conspiracy theories in posts and emails trying to make much more of things and hinting of stuff going on "in the background", as you say, but the truth is just not that complicated or interesting.

Bashing other posters, our admins (with me as the proxy in most cases), or just trying to cause general disruption on our forums was the basis for specific posters not being welcome to participate here any longer. It really is that simple.

Kathy, Alex and the rest of the DIS Boards staff,

Thanks for keeping this thread open. There is obviously still some misunderstanding, confusion, curiosity and differing of opinion regarding the actions that were taken. (Probably always will be) But this tread is providing a focus for those feelings (with your explanations) and allowing the rest of the camping boards to move on and grow very nicely.

Keep up the great work.

j

I may lurk a while longer but I won't be participating in threads as I was given points just for mentioning what I was going to put out at the Fort for a decoration. I was told it was argumentative. I just don't see that. So, I'll keep quiet.

Honestly, this needs to die. The other board has moved on and this one should too.

Best Regards,
Norm

Honestly, this needs to die. The other board has moved on and this one should too.

Best Regards,
Norm

Yep, totally agree with you on this. I wish they would just close this thread so the boards can move forward, not backwards.:thumbsup2

Well, most of the problems can be summed up pretty simply..are you laughing with someone or at someone. Guess that pixie dust wore off some folks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter