• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Facebook response from Pete Werner

Yes, I am confused that there are several newbies that joined in January 2011 and... seem to have all the answers to very specific questions being posed.

Makes you wonder doesn't it? :confused3 I've said in earlier posts, those that are gone but want to come back will find a way. I suspect in the next few months we will see a lot of people with join dates in 2011, but have a lot of knowledge about the fort.

As for the incorrect answers, there have been those as long as this board has existed. There are plenty of people on here to get the correct info out... Just like in the past. Part of what makes this place great!

Does your butt come off the seat on ToT ? Or is it just me?
Sad to say but I've never been on ToT. I love the thrill rides. Coasters are my favorite. Since ToT was built, we've always been with my DS. He was too small and last trip too scared. I'm definately going to try it this trip.

j

How are these comments welcoming and inclusive? :confused3

PixieCamper, I had the same exact experience as a newbie this week on another thread on DIS and you are dead on with your question. There will always be one or two members on any forum (seen it on a VW board, DIS, etc.) that have almost a "conspiracy theory" response to certain posts. I also had specific answers to questions that I think had someone thinking I was "from Disney".:rolleyes: To me it's ironic that a board that I've researched since last May, gained such a wealth of info. from to become more informed about all things Disney would then find it suspect that I have that info. and only 50 posts.:confused3

When in doubt, bring it back to what's relevant, like.....
I have to say, 2goofycampers is on to something, though. Sounds like a poll is needed!:rotfl::thumbsup2

Did not ride ToT as I really don't like the dropping, stomach in my neck feeling of those rides! Yes, I wimped out!

Disclaimer: The above response in no way references specific board members, posting or not posting, newbie or veteran at any time present, past or future in regards to any topic presented on the Disboards or the world wide web. Any similarity is purely coincidental and all opinions of the poster are that of the poster, solely.;);););););););)

I like your Disboard name,,do like me some cognac , but where does the 58 come from ?

oh, and I make it a practice to carry different items with me on ToT just to see what will float.

ToT just isn't the same since they installed individual lap belts. The old lap bars that went across a whole section of seats were the best for getting airtime. Especially when smallish people were sitting next to a big person. The lap bar would come down only as far as the big persons lap and the smallish people next to them would have huge gaps between the bar and their lap. Good times.

I like your Disboard name,,do like me some cognac , but where does the 58 come from ?

Well, this is what I have now...:hippie:
mjmGhia.gif

and this is what I want after. :thumbsup2
213325.jpg

58cognac- VERY sweet cars. I used to race buggies. They were all VW based and I looked around for a good Ghia convertable to rebuild and run on the street. Never found one. Moved on to V8 based things and got rid of all my flat 4 parts. I had forgotten about it until I saw your pics.

Go for the 2nd one. It's like my wife says when I need something new for race team... It's only money. :lmao:

j

58cognac- VERY sweet cars. I used to race buggies. They were all VW based and I looked around for a good Ghia convertable to rebuild and run on the street. Never found one. Moved on to V8 based things and got rid of all my flat 4 parts. I had forgotten about it until I saw your pics.

Go for the 2nd one. It's like my wife says when I need something new for race team... It's only money. :lmao:

j

the Ghia is on hold while this little project is underway:laughing:
We want to get to FW soon for a Halloween!

IMG_5674.jpg

AWESOME!!! What year is your Airstream? I love the tin cans... my mom has a Spartan, a 1954 Imperial Mansion. Not shiny like your pretty Airstream, though. She could use a little TLC.

I'd love to see interior photos, if you've got 'em.

Ahhh yes,,Spaten, a excellent German beer made in Munich, gotta say it's some of the best beer I ever,,,,,,umm,,wait..ya'll are talk'n bout,,

never mind, my bad :rolleyes1

AWESOME!!! What year is your Airstream? I love the tin cans... my mom has a Spartan, a 1954 Imperial Mansion. Not shiny like your pretty Airstream, though. She could use a little TLC.

Any pics of that, don't believe I've ever seen one.

Ahhh yes,,Spaten, a excellent German beer made in Munich, gotta say it's some of the best beer I ever,,,,,,umm,,wait..ya'll are talk'n bout,,

never mind, my bad :rolleyes1

Frank - you are so funny. BTW, where's my cream filled donuts?

Boy, this thread sure has gone off-track. In this case, that's a good thing:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

1970 Overlander 27' :thumbsup2
Well, the interior is still a work in progress since we've done a shell off resto. since June '09. Just plywood floor and new insulation and interior skins right now. And one nice new custom thermal curtain on one window!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Those Mansions are really cool!!! Definitely big!

We've got lots of hours in ours and are getting better than original for our trips to the Fort. I can't wait.

The Mansion's a beautiful rig, but way too big for amateurs like us to try to tow. We use it as a lake cabin.

I need to get some better photos, and shots of the inside- it has the original blond wood walls and ceiling.

spartan1.jpg

spartan2.jpg

I think she's 42 feet. There are two exterior doors, one into the bedroom in the rear and the other into the sitting area toward the front. There's also a sleeping area in the front. The kitchen and bathroom are in the middle.

I can't imagine towing something that big, but that's what she was made for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter