Facebook response from Pete Werner

It has nothing to do with thin skin. There are rules follow them. If you don't like the rules then don't participate. Not everyone who is a fiend is a "bad" person. Those who choose to socialize at The Fort good for them not everyone is interested.

If I am at a party and someone is crass, rude and says inappropriate things I walk away. Many did that on the boards due to the content. There is a time and place for everything and when Fiends meet at the Fort they can have at it, but rules dictate not on the boards.

Not sure why everyone has to be so thin skinned. I have meet some of the banned fiends and have found them to be nothing but real.

I had a horrible thing happen last year and I have to tell you. All these bad fiends sent cards and letters. Some of them even drove to my house to deliver their heartfelt condolences. The ones that were too far away all sent messages everyday or so.

So all I can say is that the fiends are real people. Just don't understand why everyone is so thin skinned these days.

Hey Dan,

In the great big scheme of things...this is all just bs. You know that better than anyone. Don't let it bother you. :hug:

Everyone has a right to their own opinions and feelings without someone telling them they're wrong. This seems to be such a touchy subject right now, maybe it would be best if we all just let the dust settle for awhile and let things die down.

So much has been said and done, just trying to avoid more hard feelings. :hug:

Everyone has a right to their own opinions and feelings without someone telling them they're wrong. This seems to be such a touchy subject right now, maybe it would be best if we all just let the dust settle for awhile and let things die down.

Sounds like a good idea to me.::yes::

I would like to consider myself someone who has been on the camping boards for a while(since 09) I know I don't have 1000's of post, but I was a lurker for a while before I joined. In heated discussions like what has been going on here the past few weeks, I stay far away. Everthing on here is an opinion. I have mine, but won't share it because it might get some mad and make some happy. I enjoy these boards and enjoy all the pics and info I see daily. It still amazes me how in depth members can get on items like "the rumor of a DVC near the fort" These people dig up things and have computer skills I would never have thought of. I don't know who got permanatly banned, who got banned for a couple weeks or a couple days. If anyone knows who were kicked off, please let me know. The rumor is that TCD has been booted for good. I have to give a big hat's off to to TCD. His investigating skills, photos and knowledge of the fort made the experience of coming to the camping boards interesting and fun. I hope to see him at the fort again. Maybe cousin Yuri will join the boards and give us updates. Again, there are just opinions here, take them for what it's worth. There is a real world out there beyond this so called Tron world of the internet. Any info on who the booted fiends are would be greatly appreciated

While we have your attention.................There's just one thing I want to know..........................

Is there still a tag fairy ?

1.gif
Of course. :)
1.gif

Wasn't Rhonda the tag fairy? I still have my tags.

1.gif
Nope -- she was a moderator (fun one, too), but she never was a TF :)
1.gif

Not sure why everyone has to be so thin skinned. I have meet some of the banned fiends and have found them to be nothing but real.
Dan,

Of course the fiends are real people. I'm sure most or all of them are great people in person. Thin skinned or not, the inner circle tended to alienate some/many (pick your adjective) "visitors" to the Camping board. And I put visitors in quotes, because that was the feeling in here. It was their house and they allowed you to visit. They were generally cordial, helpful and genuine in the advice, as they would be to anyone they had in their house. But it was still their house.

No matter your feelings on this, these places tend to be fluid. 3 months from now, it will have moved on. I can't wait.

Good call :thumbsup2

In todays society everything is about being policically correct. Too many people ask for your opinion, but don't really want it anyway. Hopefully things will return to normal. I have gotten alot of really great information and have been entertained as well. See you at The Fort

I'm still try'n to figure out why the last 3 pages of this thread is all about the gloom and doom that happened, :confused3
Don't ya'll have anything else to talk about, like maybe camping,, the Fort,, Florida weather,, fishing at the Fort,, your favorite Fort activities,, your pets,, your RV's ,, TT's pop-ups,, whats your favorite thing to do at the Fort,, who's your favorite Fort CM ,, favorite Fort experience,,Magic that you experienced at the Fort,,campfire stories,,pictures to share (just to name a few things).

A lot of you are new, (at least I've not seen a lot of you here before), a lot of you have been gone a while, a lot of you are lurkers,
and all ya wanna do is talk about the gloom and doom,,come on ya'll, I know darn good and well that a lotta you are as experienced and knowledgeable as any Fort camper and some maybe not so much, (I learn new stuff all the time),thats what this thing is all about , being a community, listening, learning , helping and yes (dare I say it, having fun too) .

I'm an old fort,,uh, old fart, so I tend to rub people the wrong way and don't mean too,,I really don't have a problem with folk lettn me know if I should shut my mouth, heck my DW does it all the time (I'm a slow learner)

I love these boards, I have loved meeting some of the finest folk I'll ever met from these boards and have forged awesome friendships with many,,
and I look forward to meeting many more new friends on these boards.

Hey ya'll ,, let's go fishing !!:banana:

I'm still try'n to figure out why the last 3 pages of this thread is all about the gloom and doom that happened, :confused3
Don't ya'll have anything else to talk about, like maybe camping,, the Fort,, Florida weather,, fishing at the Fort,, your favorite Fort activities,, your pets,, your RV's ,, TT's pop-ups,, whats your favorite thing to do at the Fort,, who's your favorite Fort CM ,, favorite Fort experience,,Magic that you experienced at the Fort,,campfire stories,,pictures to share (just to name a few things).

A lot of you are new, (at least I've not seen a lot of you here before), a lot of you have been gone a while, a lot of you are lurkers,
and all ya wanna do is talk about the gloom and doom,,come on ya'll, I know darn good and well that a lotta you are as experienced and knowledgeable as any Fort camper and some maybe not so much, (I learn new stuff all the time),thats what this thing is all about , being a community, listening, learning , helping and yes (dare I say it, having fun too) .

I'm an old fort,,uh, old fart, so I tend to rub people the wrong way and don't mean too,,I really don't have a problem with folk lettn me know if I should shut my mouth, heck my DW does it all the time (I'm a slow learner)

I love these boards, I have loved meeting some of the finest folk I'll ever met from these boards and have forged awesome friendships with many,,
and I look forward to meeting many more new friends on these boards.

Hey ya'll ,, let's go fishing !!:banana:

AMEN! :thumbsup2

...whats your favorite thing to do at the Fort,, who's your favorite Fort CM ,, favorite Fort experience,,Magic that you experienced at the Fort,,campfire stories,,pictures to share (just to name a few things).

Well it may not sound very exciting but my favorite thing to do at the Fort is loop in the golf cart and look at everyone else's camping set up then stop by the Meadows for a flatbread and chips (extra slaw!).

My favorite CM is the older lady that has kind of large glasses that works out in front of Trails End sometimes. She's the one the referred us to the Meadows snack bar for the first time. Also, he's not a CM but he's close enough to it for me- Kenny. He has been wonderful every time we have rented from him. His wife is a pediatric nurse and is really nice as well. :love:

My favorite Fort experience would have to be our very first New Year's at the Fort- from the party to the fireworks.

I thought it was pretty magical when someone came and checked on me after I had been injured at one of the parks (no one's fault). We came back from lunch the day after I had been hurt and there was a note on the door saying "Just stopped by to see how you're doing. Hope your day was much more fun and less eventful that yesterday!" I thought that was very thoughtful of them.

It was also magical when the launch captain stopped in bay lake and cut the engine off so we all could watch Wishes from the launch. It was BEAUTIFUL!

We are pretty boring when we are at the Fort. For us it's all about relaxation. If we really want to live on the wild side we go down to the marina and rent boats. Or go down at night and watch the EWP. For me that never gets old.

My fondest memory was our first trip. It was June 1988, hotter than Hades, but the best family vacation we ever had. My son, who was going to be six the following week was chosen to participate in the Hoop-de-Doo Revue. It is a moment I will never forget. And River Country, what can I say best waterpark ever.:love:

Cherie

We've had a number of Magic moments over the years, one of my favorites was when a Bay Lake fishing guide pulled his pontoon upon the shore where my DW and I were walking and took us fishing,,pixiedust:very cool !

Frank,

Thanks for getting us back on track. FWIW, I think most of the gloom has been contained to this topic.

But, favorite things to do at the Fort? Hmmm. Sadly, we have stayed there 3 times. 4th coming up this May/June. We are usually at WDW from Sunday to Saturday. That really only leaves 5 full days and we spend nearly all our time at the parks or Downtown Disney. Seems we head to the boats or busses right after breakfast and don't make it back until after dark.

We have been to HDDR and last trip spent part of a day renting a canoe and paddling out towards the canal. I have probably only been in the pool twice.

We did eat at TE once for breakfast. Tried to get chicken once, they were out. Because my wife likes to shop, we have been in EVERY place that they can sell something... multiple times. Sad that I probably know more about the Trading Post and Meadows than anything else there.

Even with all that, the Fort is REALLY COOL! I just love the atmosphere and it's Disney.

We are going for 8 days this time (Sat-Sun). I hope to spend more time doing Fort stuff.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter