Family of 5?

I feel your pain.

DH and I never really noticed room capacity until the triplets came along. Talk about a shock! We are thankful for dvc 2 bdrms!!! I have been researching the Adventure pkgs and the cruises and have been a bit disheartened. Especially since we added another when the triplets were 12. :crazy:

I agree. Families of five are just priced out of the market and I think Disney should address this. They did at the theme parks w/ Port Orleans which is where we stay. Otherwise we would almost certainly stay off property. Of course Disney is in business to make money--so what makes more sense to them bottom line wise--to find a solution or to lose the business of larger families. I don't pretend to know the answer to this, but the tours are relatively new and perhaps changes will be made down the line. :confused3

Well, Disney has a lot less leverage in that regard with respect to the tours than they have with regard to their own resort vacations at WDW, since they're relying very substantially on partners and other providers for the accommodations and amenities. So we can expect that support for familes of five and more with Adventures by Disney to be less than such support at WDW itself. However, even with the introduction of the new family suites at the value resorts, you're still looking at double the price for a family of five as compared to a family of four. This is just one of those unfortunately facts-of-life -- a step-function where perhaps folks would prefer something more sliding-scale.

Once again... it is NOT Disney. Hotels overseas do NOT have space for trundles. These are not Disney owned hotels.

I think that the "criticisms" were relating to Disney resorts in general, not just ABD. There are few resorts at WDW that accomodate families of 5. Since Disney is above the standards everywhere else, many of us would like to see some changes there. (Most other hotels in the U.S. do not limit to 4.) A little OT, but a natural tangent considering the original post.

We LOVE Disney resorts regardless, have stayed POR 3 times, and bought DVC so this is not as much an issue anymore (except that we still have to get a 2BR). We would LOVE to do ABD, but I doubt we will because of the rooms. BTW, through DVC's World Passport Collection, we have access to HUNDREDS of international resorts and nearly all of them have accommodations for more than 4, so this situation can't entirely be blamed on Europe! I just got the impression that ABD was not trying to target young families - and that's ok. We will have to experience Europe through DVC until the program expands!pixiedust:

This is not simply a Disney, a European or a hotel issue. Look into doing Amtrak travel...cabins are never for 5...they are for 2 or 4. Same for many European train systems.

The fact is that the larger your family, the more expensive the trip will be. Just a fact of life. Don't blame Disney for just being part of the "norm".

WOW!
I was feeling really sorry for myself about the difficulties of being a family of 5 until I counted the number of names in the Bouboulis House!!!! Did I count that correctly? 10 children....?

I am sooooo not worthy!:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter