Family stay off property meeting us at resort

Which is strange given I have never ever been turned away at a resort I wasn’t staying at ?? I always drive because buses are slow and tedious so any resort we visit is by car and other then “ can we see your ID?” never once had a issue .I am sure the signs are to keep thousands of regular visitors that would not want to pay the parking fee out .. we don’t worry about the parking fee because we are either on property or APs cover parking ... our family doesn’t park there to avoid that either given they are also pass holders , it’s simply to make it easier .

I'm sure time of year also factors into your ability to visit a resort in your car. We typically drive down in the summer and stay mid to late August. We've had no problems parking at Deluxe resorts in the evening, either as a guest or visitor.

All that's needed if for you to go down to the front desk let them know and get a parking pass for their car, front desk normally lets guard gate know but I would remind them when you get the pass

I live in Florida so we go all different times of the year , I have had to drive around a few minutes looking or park in a over flow lot but never just not found a spot .. someone is always leaving somewhere .. as far as a parking pass I have never been given one for visitors .. heck I don’t even put ours up unless we are headed to a park lol I am sure if you ask for a pass you can get one .. we just don’t ... if we have a visitor they just show ID and drive on in .

Not all resorts give out parking passes anymore. It can be part of your Magic Band function.

You probably were not aware but these hotels have valet parking. Next time you stay at either place you should have no problem with parking now that you know Have a fantastic next stay! These are two of my favorite resorts!

OP...just have your guest tell the guard at POFQ the truth... that they are visiting on site guests. There should be no issue! Have a great time!
POFQ generally has plenty of parking... so yes, you totally tell them the truth, that they are visiting YOU on the resort. I think the POFQ parking lot attendant is named Kevin...? He will let you know if there is NOT enough space in the lot, but they are generally very generous about the parking from what I experienced.

Not trying to sound snarky, but how is this any different than any average person lying and saying that they're going to the resort to eat? And then they hop on the Disney transportation so that they don't have to pay for parking? Couldn't everyone just pretend that they're eating or visiting a friend?

Not trying to sound snarky, but how is this any different than any average person lying and saying that they're going to the resort to eat? And then they hop on the Disney transportation so that they don't have to pay for parking? Couldn't everyone just pretend that they're eating or visiting a friend?
I'm sure they could. But if they wanted to look up my name I would be a resort guest. If someone was just making something up it wouldn't be on the list. They will also have our room number as they will probably be meeting us at our room. We don't have a car so they are kind of using our spot.

I'm sure they could. But if they wanted to look up my name I would be a resort guest. If someone was just making something up it wouldn't be on the list. They will also have our room number as they will probably be meeting us at our room. We don't have a car so they are kind of using our spot.
That's how it was explained to our family :) They actually do check who's parking where and why and for how long... but it's not as apparent as it may seem. That's why YMMV when it comes to busy days, conventions, different resorts, etc. managing the logistics of the parking lots is a very fluid decision-making process ;)

Especially if YOU are not using your "on-property" parking spot, your family member using the spot is no different than any other "non-guest" who would be allowed to park there, IF they were letting non-guests park. You have a bit of leeway in that your family also probably has ADR's for this restaurant? if not, you are still walking onto the property and you will spend money inside! why wouldn't they want you to park and go in? ;) They like money!

They may ask for the magic band that shows you are staying at that resort.

They may ask for the magic band that shows you are staying at that resort.
I'm not saying they should say they are me. just that they are meeting us. they will have our name and room number but won't have our Magic band. If they don't let them in they don't i guess.

Honestly, this sounds to me more of a pain for your family than it is worth. They have to drive to POFQ, check-in with the guard and show ID, park, find you/the bus stop, get on the bus, potentially stop at the 4 POR stops (depending on the bus/time of the day), and ride to the park, when they could have just ridden to the park and texted to meet? And on your side of things, you'll have to wait for them instead of hopping on the most convenient bus.

Honestly, this sounds to me more of a pain for your family than it is worth. They have to drive to POFQ, check-in with the guard and show ID, park, find you/the bus stop, get on the bus, potentially stop at the 4 POR stops (depending on the bus/time of the day), and ride to the park, when they could have just ridden to the park and texted to meet? And on your side of things, you'll have to wait for them instead of hopping on the most convenient bus.

I agree. I can't imagine foregoing one of the (huge) upsides of staying offsite with a car (not dealing with the buses). Consider having them meet you inside the gate of the park - maybe at the Main St Starbucks (so if someone is late the earlier people can be doing something fun - coffee; or a ride easy to get on/see line from like carousel), and then you can all be driven back to the resort by your friend (if you all fit in the car).

I think my kids would pass out if 3 MK (or whatever park you are going to) buses went by while you were still waiting for your friends. And then none for 40 minutes.

I’ve stayed at a resort on property several times in 2017 and twice so far this year.

Each time I’ve asked for an extra vehicle pass and our friends or family parked at the resort and we bused in together.

Easy to do! Don’t stress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter