• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy Aft - 4E. Did I make a big mistake!

As a first time cruiser with concerns of possible vibrations (on a ship with a history of this) - with your questioning it - I would move. What bothers one person doesn’t bother all. You may not know where you fit on that continuum. At sea is not where I would want to make that discovery.

Specifically choose the Deck 9 Cabin. Only cabins above, below, and beside you. The unknown is if there is a crew door across from you; seems like a lesser evil than reports of noisy vibrations.

Above the Deck 10 cabin is the gym.

I was seasick for many cruises before my body accepted it (also not great on other moving things). Take stuff to prevent it - before it kicks in.

If you are somewhat normally fit, nowhere on the ship should seem like a long walk. As the week goes by, it seems even shorter.

Big ships are fairly smooth, with more sideways rolling than the up and down noticeable in the front and back. I believe that if you are going to feel the sea, you are going to feel it in most places onboard.

Hope you have a great cruise and a smooth sailing!
Thank you so much. I think I’ll switch. Not sleeping on this trip would be the worst outcome.

We have sailed in an Aft stateroom 10 times on the Fantasy since 2012. We love these cabins because of the oversize balcony, with many of them more than double what you would get in a typical room. We are currently booked in 10158 on the Fantasy this coming Sept 2nd. Yes, the vibrations were somewhat worse prior to some of the fixes... but for us, it was not a problem. If the stabilizers are used, it got worse but it was not constant and on some cruises, not even noticeable. We had a cruise in Jan this year and felt nothing unusual. BUT, if you think you are possibly sensitive to the issue, I would not stay in the Aft cabins. Deck 10 has some noise early in the morning if there is movement of the chairs on the deck from Cabanas but not a problem for us. Never stayed lower than deck 8 so not sure about the clubs. We have also been in cabin 9670 which was amazing. That room is I think more than double the size of a typical room. Balcony was massive, like we could play hockey out there...
Thank you for this. We chose the aft for the views and have been a little worried about the vibrations, but not enough to change the room. I’m more excited about the views and figure any vibration will be like a free massage lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter