**Fantasy Becomes Reality** Group--5/19/2012 (INDEX/ROLE CALL, PAGE 1--ENTRY 1)

OK Tony, I'll let you know if I see anything for 2014 :thumbsup2.

Sadly, it seems like there are loads of people that are still waiting for end of year 2013 itineraries to be announced, so I doubt we will see any 2014 skeds until October or so, which --back in 2010-- is when we booked last month's cruise.

Besides, we will probably have to do a Florida or New York departure next time out, and that doesn't bode well for Hawaii, Alaska (which Susan shows little interest in) or the Mediterranean. There are several family members that want to cruise with us that haven't experienced a Disney cruise yet, plus repeating travelers from this last cruise....we've made promises we will keep to do another Bahamas cruise.

Hello all - sorry I haven't posted since returning home. I am just now coming out of my DCL blues funk. I get it every time. I love these trips so much and just have a hard time getting back to reality.

Anyhoo - I just want to first off thank everyone for the WONDERFUL FE gifts. They are such fun little reminders of a wonderful trip! I also want to thank everyone who generously took time to give our girls birthday cards and gifts! This was truly a special birthday for them both - and we no have promised our middle daughter something just as special for her sweet 16!

We didn't rebook on board:mad: DH and I hashed it out and decided to take a little break from cruising. We have a Hawaii trip in Feb we are working on paying for right now and looking forward to as well.

I put together a little slideshow of our pictures:
http://youtu.be/tAng4nZStKc

And I am currently uploading all my pictures to flickr - they can be seen here - but it is in progress:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/biff423/collections/72157630108781252/

Again, thank you all for helping make this such a wonderful trip! I was so happy to be able to meet a few of you personally! I will keep checking back in now and then!

I put together a little slideshow of our pictures:
http://youtu.be/tAng4nZStKc

And I am currently uploading all my pictures to flickr - they can be seen here - but it is in progress:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/biff423/collections/72157630108781252/

Marci---thanks for sharing your photos! Can't wait to look thru them. It's cool that when you think you have taken a good picture of something and later find out it didn't turn out well---that someone else has shared a great pic of the same thing! We will need to get ours all uploaded and then I will share the link as well.

Tony

Hi Everyone!!!

Been crazy busy here. We were in Pheonix last week and just now getting back into a good routine. We leave for Hawaii in 2 weeks so hard to really get settled. After the cruise and those 2 trips the rest of the summer is going to drag on......am sure then the blues will really hit.

I miss the ship, I miss my friends, I miss the boards, I miss it all so guess already have a touch of the blues. It seems like every day I tell DH something about the cruise. I am sure it is really getting to him since he regrets not coming with us. Ready to officially book the next one.

We will only book 7 days or longer -- can't imagine booking a shorter one. 7 days didn't feel like enough.

I will go through your pictures Marci later this afternoon -- thanks for sharing!!!

Kathy - bummer on the sheets. Think it just means we need to go back! :)

Tony - thanks for the picture. I did use my cheaper camera to take some pictures after discovering I left the battery for the fancy one at home but haven't gone through them. Hope to do that soon. Once I do, will post a picture of me and the kids on pirate night. Joni hasn't seen me in full beard yet -- should be interesting. :joker:

Ok, work is busy and have to get back to it. Am keeping up with the board at least by reading. Have been following Amy's and Meg's TRs. Someone else posted one from our cruise and they were on the concierge level -- I am DROOLING over doing that someday but am guessing will never be willing to spend the $$$.

I hope you guys have a wonderful day!!
Mati

We had done a future cruise booking on-board and received a mailing today. Unfortunately, the mailing was addressed to me, but had someone else's booking information inside.

I was just wondering, did anyone else get this "Planning Guide" mailing? Did you get your correct info or someone else's? I double checked our reservation, all is correct. It looks like there was an error made in stuffing the envelopes.

We had done a future cruise booking on-board and received a mailing today. Unfortunately, the mailing was addressed to me, but had someone else's booking information inside.

I was just wondering, did anyone else get this "Planning Guide" mailing? Did you get your correct info or someone else's? I double checked our reservation, all is correct. It looks like there was an error made in stuffing the envelopes.

We've gotten no mail yet, but hey it makes 'perfect sense' :sad2: that you would receive yours in Canada before we received ours!!!!

Hi Maria!!!

We've gotten no mail yet, but hey it makes 'perfect sense' :sad2: that you would receive yours in Canada before we received ours!!!!

Hi Maria!!!

Hi Tony! :wave:
I'm surprised too, since we usually receive stuff in the mail later than those in the US. Can't explain it. Apparently it was sent from the 'marketing' division, so I wonder if everyone gets the mailing, or if its only sent to some.

We got one today. The same as you, addressed to me but someone else's booking information inside. Wierd!

We got one today too :rolleyes1. I called DCL to alert them. They told me to throw it out and they would re-mail it to the correct family. Maybe I should have kept it.....they are cruising in January 2013 on The Fantasy :dance3:.

Same here. Right sailing, wrong info. We're cruising on the Fantasy in February, but they got the name wrong.

Hellooooooooo......is anybody out there?

Jeez, I miss coming here to see who posted what!!!! Can we just rewind and all do it over again? Please?

Jeez, I miss coming here to see who posted what!!!! Can we just rewind and all do it over again? Please?

Tony, I know what you mean. I don't think we'll see another group as connected and friendly as this one was (must have been some KLPer influence in there somewhere!)

Yes! Please!!
Got this one just before disembarkation... memories of friends!
IMG_2680.jpg

Yes! Please!!
Got this one just before disembarkation... memories of friends!
IMG_2680.jpg

Thanks for posting Joe!

Does anyone have a preferred (ie---quick) site to upload photos to?

I've got the photobucket account, but I am looking for input in order to share our photos. We only have approx. 2,600 to share, plus the hundreds that we got on the Shutters cds (yes, so many that they had to deliver, with the waivers, on two cds!).

In the past, if you DIDN'T rebook on board, you got a mailing that followed within the next month or so urging you to re-book with a 20% discount----you didn't get the other perks, but you got the discount.

Has anyone received any of these? Is this still the DCL standard practice? And if they are still sent out, are they sent out by individual traveler, or one per stateroom?

We have others that want to travel with us, and I'm trying to get them the discount if at all possible. I realize that they are probably non-transferrable, but we may still have some options ;).

Thanks for posting Joe!

Does anyone have a preferred (ie---quick) site to upload photos to?

I've got the photobucket account, but I am looking for input in order to share our photos. We only have approx. 2,600 to share, plus the hundreds that we got on the Shutters cds (yes, so many that they had to deliver, with the waivers, on two cds!).

I've been uploading to Picasa (picasaweb.google.com). A lot of people use Flickr and Smugmug is gaining in popularity. What I like about Picasa is that you can download the Picasa program and tell it to sync folders to your online account, so it will automatically upload dozens or hundreds of photos without your having to tell it to load each one.

Tony, I know what you mean. I don't think we'll see another group as connected and friendly as this one was (must have been some KLPer influence in there somewhere!)

It was a great group indeed :dance3:. Being a KLPer, I have to say that they are a great influence :grouphug:. Like Tony, I am really missing going to this thread multiple times a day, seeing what has been posted :guilty:. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the planning part of our Disney trips, so it makes me sad that it is over for now (until I head to WDW with my friends in November :dance3:). I somehow think that some of us will cruise again someday pirate:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter