FAQ: Travelling to/from Orlando (Including PCR/Antigen Test Info for Canadians)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes our experience was easy as well. I did forget to mention in preparation to have either your DL or passport with you as they will ask for that to do a visual check you are who you say you are.

Yes our experience was easy as well. I did forget to mention in preparation to have either your DL or passport with you as they will ask for that to do a visual check you are who you say you are.
Where do you place your testing kits when flying? Do they go in a carry on or checked bags?

Where do you place your testing kits when flying? Do they go in a carry on or checked bags?
We have always put them in carry on. Just worried about how they might be thrown about and then possibly being crushed by that. There has never been any issue with carry on.

As you have two accounts each test must be done separately. The only way this can be done in one call is if you have one account with others listed as dependents, one of which can be your spouse.

Thanks and Darn. Saw an image of a baby carriage beside the word "dependant" and thought that meant children only

As you have two accounts each test must be done separately. The only way this can be done in one call is if you have one account with others listed as dependents, one of which can be your spouse.

Ok, done. Simple and fast

Ok, done. Simple and fast
Excellent. I hope you have a wonderful trip. We have a large trip planned for 10 of us in May to wdw and I am desperately hoping not to have to purchase the test kits for the 8 of us that would need to be tested! It is very convenient but super expensive!

No you wouldn’t have to create a new account once receiving the tests. I created my account before I had mine. I would just test your account to make sure it looks as though it will open correctly in destination. If you want to complete more than one test in one call you must have only one account that lists the other people as dependents. If you have multiple accounts each one is done separately, separate call for each one. That’s not really much of a problem though as the wait time was so low.

Ok perfect. I will wait until I receive the tests and then add him as a dependent and the tests. Thank you. 😊

Whem available timeslots are shown when booking id-now tests at Walgreens, there are usually more that one test available per timeslot, correct?
Meaning that for a family of five, there is a chance I could book them all for the same timeslot?
And is there no way around booking them one at a time?

Whem available timeslots are shown when booking id-now tests at Walgreens, there are usually more that one test available per timeslot, correct?
Meaning that for a family of five, there is a chance I could book them all for the same timeslot?
And is there no way around booking them one at a time?

No, one at a time. You have to have one slot for each person. However, they will do them all at one time.

We managed to get three slots in a row but we were all tested in the first slot.

What worries me is a lot of what those advocating for change are focussing on is the “removal of the PCR test to return“. They mention the expense and difficulty in booking them abroad. (All true, but as those on the DIS know a PCR test is NOT required to return to Canada. A molecular test is, and for those who can book through Walgreens they are fast and free).

So I fear that they’ll announce a switch that allows for antigen tests - but keeps the requirement TO test. And that frankly helps very little, when the real concern is not actually what type of test you take but rather the consequences of a positive result. As long as there is a chance you will be stuck outside the country for an unplanned 14 days in isolation I can’t imagine many people deciding to resume travelling.

We recently did Switch Health LAMP tests to come back to Canada. Tested at 5pm in our hotel while we cooled off. Took about 35 minutes in total for the test and official results.
Switch Health is available 24/7. You initiate a call and someone joins your call within ~5minutes.
Add anyone in your party as your dependents so that you can test at the same time. I added my wife as a dependant and we got tested together (nurse said it helps to have both people in the same camera view).
Read the manual before starting the call and all will be smooth.

If we ever travel again while tests are required, we will be using Switch Health again. It saved our time for the parks tremendously. Also, it was like doing a chemistry lab in high school. Really fun!

What worries me is a lot of what those advocating for change are focussing on is the “removal of the PCR test to return“. They mention the expense and difficulty in booking them abroad. (All true, but as those on the DIS know a PCR test is NOT required to return to Canada. A molecular test is, and for those who can book through Walgreens they are fast and free).

So I fear that they’ll announce a switch that allows for antigen tests - but keeps the requirement TO test. And that frankly helps very little, when the real concern is not actually what type of test you take but rather the consequences of a positive result. As long as there is a chance you will be stuck outside the country for an unplanned 14 days in isolation I can’t imagine many people deciding to resume travelling.

Their language makes it sounds like all testing, though.

https://www.cp24.com/news/doctors-a...o-end-covid-19-testing-requirements-1.5776505
"The Canadian Travel and Tourism Roundtable is joining a group of doctors to demand the federal government end all COVID-19 testing requirements for passengers.

In a statement Thursday, the organization says current travel rules are “obsolete” and out of step with other countries that have removed mandatory testing measures, including the United Kingdom, Switzerland and Denmark."

“Canada's airports join the Canadian Travel and Tourism Roundtable in calling on the federal government to lay out a plan with a clear timeline for removing travel restrictions, including removing all testing and isolation requirements and blanket travel advisories,” Canadian Airports Council interim president Monette Pasher said in a news release.

Their language makes it sounds like all testing, though.

https://www.cp24.com/news/doctors-a...o-end-covid-19-testing-requirements-1.5776505
"The Canadian Travel and Tourism Roundtable is joining a group of doctors to demand the federal government end all COVID-19 testing requirements for passengers.

In a statement Thursday, the organization says current travel rules are “obsolete” and out of step with other countries that have removed mandatory testing measures, including the United Kingdom, Switzerland and Denmark."

“Canada's airports join the Canadian Travel and Tourism Roundtable in calling on the federal government to lay out a plan with a clear timeline for removing travel restrictions, including removing all testing and isolation requirements and blanket travel advisories,” Canadian Airports Council interim president Monette Pasher said in a news release.

Yes, that language is clear, and encouraging. But many others - health officials and travel advocates - are using the terms "an end to PCR testing to return". I fear that will be picked up on, and the feds will reply - "Sure - you can now use antigen tests, just like the U.S.!" - and many folks will think geez, that's wonderful, when in fact the biggest hurdle remains in place.

Yes - fingers crossed! But that article is the one that quotes several doctors that insist testing must stay in place - indefinitely. They just say allow antigens - which again to me does basically nothing.

Yes - fingers crossed! But that article is the one that quotes several doctors that insist testing must stay in place - indefinitely. They just say allow antigens - which again to me does basically nothing.

This is my worry. Hopefully it will be remove all tests but who knows what will be decided, so far all my guesses have been totally wrong this whole pandemic lol.

But the antigens are so much cheaper and easier to do while on vacation. My sister lives in Florida and says you can walk into any store and buy them. I think it would make travel so much easier.

But the antigens are so much cheaper and easier to do while on vacation. My sister lives in Florida and says you can walk into any store and buy them. I think it would make travel so much easier.
Fingers crossed. And hopefully they are stocked for us to walk in and buy them for the first little while of the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter