Fast passes being enforced

So when YOU are unable to get a FP for your favorite ride because they're all gone...snatched up by us greedy hoarders/pixie dust spreaders....I suppose you would turn down an offer of extra FP by a fellow guest because it's just so very wrong. Good to know.

Yes, and I have turned them down in the past.

You are forgetting that those other people have put in the same as you in that they paid the same as you did for their tickets. As such, thy have just as much expectation to come away happy. At the end of the day, these people aren't going to be mad at the FP 'hoarders'. They will be mad at Disney. As such, it us in Disney's best interest to spread the happy, even if it means that you and I no longer get to FP TSMM four or five times.

If there has been ANYONE that has been able to get 4 or 5 FPs for TSMM, I would be impressed. And besides, they all have the SAME opportunity to be at the park at rope drop just like my family. How am I taking something away from them if they CHOOSE to not do the same. I did not lock them in their room. In fact, I am the first to tell them they should really be at the park at rope drop to be able to do all they want to do with short waits. I ALWAYS encourage everyone to do the same as me!! If they do, then there would be no worry about be getting an extra FP for that ride again because before I am able to get, they will get it. But I also don't think I should sit on my hands or stand in a 2 hour line when there are FPs available so that you can have a swim in your pool before coming to park and still get a FP.

Oh gosh, I hope I don't try to give you one. I'm not being mean - it just struck me. I definitely respect your right to your own opinion. I guess if you turned it down without telling me that I'm a rule-breaker, it might be okay ...

The history that will serve as context to UNCFanatik's ranting about people "abusing" the system by giving away FPs they couldn't use (I'm paraphrasing from memory of another FP+ thread) :
IIRC, UNCFanatik was all excited to take their kid to CRT many years back. And because there was a group of people who would scoop up the much-coveted CRT ADRs and redistribute them as pixie dust to others, UNCFANATIK couldn't get the ADR.

Well then you and I fundamentally disagree, but I'm okay with that.

FWIW, I've also torn the tags off my pillow cases and mattresses and don't hold the handrail on the escalator.

26173522.jpg

If there has been ANYONE that has been able to get 4 or 5 FPs for TSMM, I would be impressed. And besides, they all have the SAME opportunity to be at the park at rope drop just like my family. How am I taking something away from them if they CHOOSE to not do the same. I did not lock them in their room. In fact, I am the first to tell them they should really be at the park at rope drop to be able to do all they want to do with short waits. I ALWAYS encourage everyone to do the same as me!! If they do, then there would be no worry about be getting an extra FP for that ride again because before I am able to get, they will get it. But I also don't think I should sit on my hands or stand in a 2 hour line when there are FPs available so that you can have a swim in your pool before coming to park and still get a FP.

But would you have a problem with that same person who swam in the pool before coming to the park and didnt get there until, lets say, noon, and another guests hands them TSMM FPs?

Yup, I agree fully. So throw the FP away. Nothing is lost if you do so and it actually helps more people because the lines would move faster.

Maybe I'm wrong, but throwing an unused fastpass away would not help the standby line move any faster. It would only help the fastpass line to move even faster.

So when YOU are unable to get a FP for your favorite ride because they're all gone...snatched up by us greedy hoarders/pixie dust spreaders....I suppose you would turn down an offer of extra FP by a fellow guest because it's just so very wrong. Good to know.

I was just going to say the same thing! What if I had attempted to hand you two FP to Snorin', UNC? Would you have accepted them and smiled or would you set me straight by explaining the rules to me instead? I can't imagine you would accept them and then throw them in the nearest trashcan so as to follow your own sense of logic. Would you? :confused3

Edit....nevermind....I just saw your earlier reply. *sigh*

I was just going to say the same thing! What if I had attempted to hand you two FP to Snorin', UNC? Would you have accepted them and smiled or would you set me straight by explaining the rules to me instead? I can't imagine you would accept them and then throw them in the nearest trashcan so as to follow your own sense of logic. Would you? :confused3

I would have politely said, "no thank you" as I have in the past and moved on.

But would you have a problem with that same person who swam in the pool before coming to the park and didnt get there until, lets say, noon, and another guests hands them TSMM FPs?

Believe it or not!!! I would not be angry. I would wish it was me but I never get upset seeing someone else happy. I have seen it happen and I have never been angry about it. Even if I wasn't able to get a FP for that ride. The choices I made (not getting there in time, choosing to ride another ride first or having to stop and go to the bathroom) is what prevented me from getting a FP. Not this little party of 2,3,4 or 6 got some FPs and were unable to use them. I just don't see the world that way. No one is keeping me getting what I want. It is my choices that may keep me from getting something I want not the other guy. I choose to not blame others what I do not get. I'm sorry if seeing other people have something magical happen to them while at the most magical place on earth makes you so upset.

You are trying to put words in my mouth.

I had ZERO problems with people in the past going in at RD and getting as many FPS as they could provided that they used them.

AND I NEVER said that Disney never intended for people to get more than one FP per ride. NEVER SAID IT.

I said, that the way FPs were being used was not what Disney had originally intended. AND I said there was abuse because people were acting as a secondary distribution system for FPs.

I never acted as a "secondary distribution system" That implies my intent was to give them away. IT WAS NOT. However upon seeing that they were going unused I choose to be generous and not simply throw them away but to use them for their intended purpose to fill a seat at a certain time. I paid for my ticket and in turn my spots in line with fast pass. if I chose to be generous with my money and time then good for me. I am not sneaking in an extra person in line or helping a person who did not pay to get in. It is truly sad when we can not be generous because others get offended by the smallest thing. Disney bills itself as being the happiest place on earth. I don't see where a family of five in meltdown mode makes for a happy place. Random acts of kindness do.

I would have politely said, "no thank you" as I have in the past and moved on.

If you found them in the ground, would you pick them up and throw them away so that no one else would use them?

Or how about you have already pulled your TSMM FP for the day and a CM offered you some more. Would you turn those down also.

Jennasis said:

It doesn't really matter since this is an issue that is 100% resolved with FP+/MM+. If you know that you won't use a FP, you will be able to simply give it back. You won't be able to give it to another guest directly because it will be tied to your magic band.

I never acted as a "secondary distribution system" That implies my intent was to give them away. IT WAS NOT. However upon seeing that they were going unused I choose to be generous and not simply throw them away but to use them for their intended purpose to fill a seat at a certain time. I paid for my ticket and in turn my spots in line with fast pass. if I chose to be generous with my money and time then good for me. I am not sneaking in an extra person in line or helping a person who did not pay to get in. It is truly sad when we can not be generous because others get offended by the smallest thing. Disney bills itself as being the happiest place on earth. I don't see where a family of five in meltdown mode makes for a happy place. Random acts of kindness do.

Yes, you pay for a ticket but when you get a FP, there are terms and conditions of that FP. They are not intended to be sold or transferred to another person.

And the intended purpose of that FP that you pulled was for you to fill that seat at a certain time.

Intent or not, you acted as a de facto secondary distributor of FPs and Disney has rules against that no matter how you try to justify yourself in breaking them.

And according to the logic on this thread, if that family in melt down mode would have worked harder or put in more effort and planning in their day then they wouldnt be in such a sad state and should not be rewarded because they didnt put the work and effort into their day that others did.

And nothing is lost if you throw a FP away but others in that line do benefit from it.

It doesn't really matter since this is an issue that is 100% resolved with FP+/MM+. If you know that you won't use a FP, you will be able to simply give it back. You won't be able to give it to another guest directly because it will be tied to your magi band.

And I'm totally cool with that. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter