Favorite Character Dining

Okay, Garden Grill is on my list of possibilities now! Is the moving room really noticeable? My brother in law has vertigo.

It rotates very slowly, so it wasn't an issue for us. However, if you sit on the upper level, you u can't really see whatever the displays are around the outside. The lower level provides a better view.

We have done Chef Mickeys twice for dinner. First time was great, second time not so much. We enjoyed 1900 Park Fare for dinner (that Strawberry soup!) & is what my husband chose for our anniversary dinner...clearly we are not fancy. I like Crystal Palace for dinner. Our all time favorite is Garden Grill. Great food and lots of character interaction.

I love Tusker House (done once but would definitely do again) and I also really enjoyed Cape May Cafe for breakfast! CMC has Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Minnie.

We’ve done Tusker House twice now and both times we had a fabulous time. Highly recommend.

1900 Park Fair has such possibilities - English Characters (Pooh, Poppins, Alice, Mad Hatter) in AM. And then the Cinderella Family in the PM (Cindy, Prince, Stepsisters, and Stepmother) in the evenings. And, it's a quick monorail or boat ride from MK. Since you're staying at WL, we boat to MK and then take boat launch to GF ;-)

I've done character dining at Crystal Palace and Cinderella's Royal Table. My nephews really aren't into Winnie the Pooh characters and I doubt they want to see Cinderella. Has anyone done Chef Mickey's or Hollywood and Vine Disney Jr. character dining? What did you like about the experience? Any other character dining suggestions for 6 and 2 year old boys? How many table service credits were they? I appreciate any feedback!

On our recent trip over July 4th we tried Tusker House at AK and we really enjoyed it. We had a group of five adults and even though we weren’t kids the characters were incredible. The food was great and they had options that would satisfy both kids and adults. It wasn’t over crowded even at our 11:30 reservation time and the characters came around several times. The characters included Mickey, Donald, Daisy, and Goofy. Good luck!

The food at Hollywood and Vine's breakfast is not good, but if your nephews love Disney Jr, then you do what you have to do.

My favorite costumed character dining is Garden Grill because the food is simple and good, the character interactions are great and it's the least chaotic. If they like Tangled / The Little Mermaid, my favorite overall is the Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno on the boardwalk. The characters are Prince Eric, Ariel, Rapunzel and Flynn Rider. Food wise, I think it's the best character breakfast at Disney World. The character interactions are great too, but it all depends if the boys like the films or not.

1900 Park Faire is good. Chef Mickey's food is fine and it's pretty chaotic, but you get all the characters.

We have our favorites that we do every trip - Garden Grill dinner, but this year we doing breakfast and very excited! Crystal Palace breakfast, Tusker House breakfast, Akershus breakfast. Von Boyage at Trattoria is on my bucket list for next year.

As you can see, we love character breakfasts. The only character dinner we really enjoy is Garden Grill.

My wife and I have done them all and we agree that 1900 Park Fare is our favorite. I have to give the credit to the Tremaine Sisters. They are a hoot. It is so much more fun to be able to interact with the characters and have them respond to you.

I've done character dining at Crystal Palace and Cinderella's Royal Table. My nephews really aren't into Winnie the Pooh characters and I doubt they want to see Cinderella. Has anyone done Chef Mickey's or Hollywood and Vine Disney Jr. character dining? What did you like about the experience? Any other character dining suggestions for 6 and 2 year old boys? How many table service credits were they? I appreciate any feedback!
I havent done Hollywood and vine since they recentlry changed. Chef Mickey is always a winner as you meet the main characters. The buffet is on par with other disney buffet. Amviance is great and dessert bar for kids is also very good. The fact that its in contempo resort is slso a + since uts close to MK. Other good characters meal is Tusker House and Garden grill.

Ohana is my favorite character option, my husband and I even did it on our honeymoon because we enjoy it so much.

If Snow White & co are of interest, you should look into the new character dining at Artist Point!

Okay, Garden Grill is on my list of possibilities now! Is the moving room really noticeable? My brother in law has vertigo.
I have vertigo and was fine with it...the characters are amazing and the food is pretty good, our experience wasnt AWESOME because we had a really unusual group we sat next to and one of the members was obviously drunk and ended up getting sick all over😐 the table! Gwaaa...weve done every character meal but Lilo and Stitch. Tusker House was the best food but we had the most fun at 1900 Park Faire when our kids were young in 2006. My dd had an Alice shirt on and Alice made a big deal. Mad Hatter sat with us for 10 minutes and was soooo funny! All of our character meals were amazing. Crystal Palace was good,too, we had fun with Eyore, even though we are not Pooh fans.

1900 Park Fare is a good one. Mad hatter was fantastic. That's what I reccomend!

Chef Mickey in my opinion is overpriced and loud, I wouldn't do it again...

I have vertigo and was fine with it...the characters are amazing and the food is pretty good, our experience wasnt AWESOME because we had a really unusual group we sat next to and one of the members was obviously drunk and ended up getting sick all over😐 the table! Gwaaa...weve done every character meal but Lilo and Stitch. Tusker House was the best food but we had the most fun at 1900 Park Faire when our kids were young in 2006. My dd had an Alice shirt on and Alice made a big deal. Mad Hatter sat with us for 10 minutes and was soooo funny! All of our character meals were amazing. Crystal Palace was good,too, we had fun with Eyore, even though we are not Pooh fans.

Omg! I can’t believe someone threw up on the table! I’m so sorry that happened! I think I’ve narrowed it down to Garden Grill or Tusker House! Thanks for the advice on the vertigo!

Honestly not really its pretty slow and gentle. Not like your eating in the tea cups 🤣
We really enjoyed our meal there and had lovely friendly service and the characters were really fun.
I 100% agree Tusker House is one of few best for food, service and character interaction

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter