• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite sit down restaurant in Epcot?

mcomber7

Mouseketeer
What are your favorite sit down restaurants in Epcot? Especially if you’ve been in the last few months?

Chefs de France. I think the prix fixe menu is a pretty good value and we really like sitting near the windows and watching people go by. Post re-opening they removed tables to allow for distancing and that makes it even more enjoyable. Also really like the pizza at Via Napoli, however, the restaurant itself is louder and a bit on the chaotic side. Really enjoy La Hacienda de San Angel as well (open for dinner only) - but have not been recently.

Chef de France without a doubt! Via Napoli is second followed by Rose & Crown. All are great, it just depends on the cuisine you're looking for.

Chefs de France. They did put us in overflow seating at Monsier Paul when we ate there in April - it’s a little weird and quiet upstairs. We also ate for the first time at Hacienda for dinner in April and it was a beautiful restaurant and the food was very good. Def going back

Teppan Edo was also fun. We went in April and the pandemic restrictions didn’t diminish the experience. But it’s super specific in terms of a dining experience.

Pre-pandemic I had an awful dinner at Le Cellier (we had been there a few times before) and my husband literally will not go back.

San angel inn gets a lot of hate but it can’t be beat for the atmosphere. When in WDW I care just as much if not more about atmosphere than food, I can get good food anywhere but there are no restaurants with amazing theming like at Disney. Now if the food and atmosphere are both great, that’s awesome!

We had a lovely meal at Chefs de France last week. We did the fixed price meal, it was delicious and we had an upstairs table by a window.

I didn't know that Chefs de France had an upstairs dining area. Did you go for lunchtime or dinnertime? All my visits have been for lunch, so maybe the upstairs is only open for dinner.

San angel inn gets a lot of hate but it can’t be beat for the atmosphere. When in WDW I care just as much if not more about atmosphere than food, I can get good food anywhere but there are no restaurants with amazing theming like at Disney. Now if the food and atmosphere are both great, that’s awesome!

I agree that the atmosphere can't be beat. We have had such bad luck there with service, waiting anywhere from 30-45 minutes just to place an order, often 20+ minutes for someone to even come over to our table, every time. That's why it's now a "miss" for me, but I'm happy for people who have had good experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter