FEBRUARY 2024 W.I.S.H thread-full of gratitude, grace and love

This week so got away from me...not sure why. But I had today off and the kids and I are hanging out...played a couple games..going to watch a movie later hopefully all that good indoor stuff. I really am not a fan of February break, I'm sure the teachers feel differently but it's tough having it in the middle of Christmas and April break in terms of taking time off work. Plus with icky weather I really wish they'd just give the kids like 2 or 3 days off instead and get out earlier in June.
DS11 got his braces on Monday and really enjoyed the veggie broth fake spaggettios I made so ill have to make some more of that.

Less than 170 days until vaca!

It have been a busy week here. Work is picking up all of a sudden and I will be out for at least 2 days at the beginning of March but the week of the 11th will be a week of working if I can but taking it slow. Mainly saving everything that I can sit on the couch and for that week. I am having surgery on the 8th so it will be a week of just resting as much as possible. So I am rally trying to get everything done now to make it easier that week.

Yesterday was a rough day. Both DH and I needed to be in the office and the kids needed a car too. So I took the train to work and DH had the car. It all worked out but took a lot of planning. Thankfully DS didn't have to work so it made it a bit easier.

I don't have much going on this weekend other then taking the dog to the groomers so an easy weekend.

This week so got away from me...not sure why. But I had today off and the kids and I are hanging out...played a couple games..going to watch a movie later hopefully all that good indoor stuff. I really am not a fan of February break, I'm sure the teachers feel differently but it's tough having it in the middle of Christmas and April break in terms of taking time off work. Plus with icky weather I really wish they'd just give the kids like 2 or 3 days off instead and get out earlier in June.
DS11 got his braces on Monday and really enjoyed the veggie broth fake spaggettios I made so ill have to make some more of that.

Less than 170 days until vaca!
Teachers aren’t nuts about it either.

When I worked in schools, we always called February break the "send them home and get them all healthy at once" week. :laughing:

As a parent, I liked it on the years we went to Florida for a dose of sunshine.
We had one really nice trip to WDW in February when I still got the entire week off. It may have been the last time that we were off all week.

Last edited:
Happy Sunday!! This week also got away from me! Trying to wrap up the quarter at work and get another one ready to start!

Weekend has been good! I visited my mom and watched my niece, DD worked Friday and Saturday, DH and I walked dogs at the SPCA yesterday morning and went on a date last night which was lovey! Today we went to church and I have done house stuff all afternoon! Also did our taxes which went well, shockingly!

DS1 and his wife had an ultrasound sound last week and everything is going great! So that will cover my whooohooo Wednesday and my Thankful Thursday! I cried no less than 20 times watching the videos and looking at the pictures 🥰

I hope everyone has a great evening!

We went to church this morning…much better now that Pastor is back. DD’s work friend requested my cookies for her birthday, so I baked and decorated a dozen sugar cookie hearts for her and some for my work daughter/grade partner who got engaged over the weekend. That basically took up the entire afternoon since I baked them from scratch.

IMG_1508.jpeg
Last Monday of February!!! How are we all feeling?!

What’s your goals and motivation this week?

I am hoping to end the month on a good note as far as my activity/steps. I have been doing well so I would like to keep that up this week!

Everyone enjoy your Monday!! Steer clear of Dinos!!!

Motivation is to try to stay patient and not do any major stress eating. Couple folks at work ate being difficult and it's uber frustrating.
But I did sign up for that 5k so hoping having that in the back of my mind keeps me focused. I have an hour to finish the race so my goal is 30% running, 20% walking, 50% speed walking to get it done.

I've been a bit lazy lately (too much time online) so this week's motivation is to shake up the routine - figure out where certain things fit best and replace some screen time with healthier pursuits.

IMG_1511.jpeg
Welcome to Tuesday!!!!

Last week of February so I thought a good topic today would be-what are your plans for the March? Good plans, bad plans or goals-what do you have going on?

We have a lot going on in March. Weighing heavily on my heart is that we have 2 family members having medical procedures done that require hospitalization. My plan for those events is to be as supportive as possible with whatever they need. It’s also DS1s bday and his wife is planning on us having dinner together which will be nice-it’s also a surprise so that will be fun. I am taking my nieces and nephews to Disney on ice for some of their belated Christmas gifts and one birthday gift. To close out the month I am hosting Easter 🐣

Looking towards March with positivity and hope for a great month for everyone 💕

This weekend was a off weekend. We had nothing going on and I took full advantage of this on Saturday. I just couldn't get myself moving and napped on and off all day. I think my late nights with the kids and getting up early finally caught up with me. Sunday I still rested a lot but got grocery shopping done and made dinner.

The dog was sick this weekend so she didn't get groomed until last night. She was so furry. She hasn't been groomed since before Christmas since the person that groomers her had surgery and was down for several weeks. We weighed Piper before and after and she lost a pound with just getting her groomed. She looks so small and has a ton of energy right now.

For March, it will just taking it easy and working up to do more exercise. I am going to take it easy after surgery but I hope to be back to normal and getting on the treadmill by the end of the month.

Easter is a bit up in the air right now. We will go to my moms but not sure what will happen on DH's side. We normally go to his parents but his grandmother's walking is getting really bad. She basically has no balance but won't admit it so she won't do anything to make it easier for herself. She will fall again. It is only a matter of time. To get into my in-laws house you walkup a decent walk way that is also on a bit of a hill and then it is like 2-3 steps to get in the house. She barely got into my house at Christmas with just one mini step. Then DH's grandfather lost feeling in both legs and fell this past weekend. It sounds like the nerve endings are dying off. So right now he is in a rehab facility. His family is really small. Basically it is the 4 of us, his mom, step dad and little sister (she was 1 when we started dating) and then just his grandmother and grandfather. So we will see what everyone wants to do. I suggested having it at his grandmothers senior living place. It has a room that you can rent out for free. This would make it easier for his grandmother and grandfather (he will need to still get there but it is at least all flat ground). But I left it up to his mom to decide what she wants to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter