February/March 2024 Egypt trip

I would post more pictures, but they were taken with my iPhone and like most things under Tim Crook's leadership, simple drag and drop no longer works very well or often. I've discovered that now all my photos are in an .heic format which when trying to use, often turns the photos sideways or crops them and it is a pain to work with. Can we please go back in time to software that "just worked?" I have a 24 year old that works in my office and she assures me this is not "operator error" on my part.

I can't turn back time, but I can help you going forward. If you don't like .heic (I do as they are smaller files and take a ton of pics) you can change it to always take them in JPEG by changing your settings.

Settings -> Camera -> Format and change camera capture to Most Compatible. There are other settings you can adjust there as well if you know more about picture quality than I do! :)

If you own a mac you can airdrop your pics to your mac, open the .HEIC photos in preview and then go to File->Export and choose JPEG from the drop down next to format. Once that is done you can go back and delete the .HEIC copies. Most of my pics get backed up to our Synology as is and I just do this to the few I actually share out.

Just a quick note about timing of choices for trips. Our Egypt trip was in late February early March to Egypt. The packing instructions from ABD were to bring gloves, wool hats, coats. We did, and we did not need them. The temperatures were cool in the evenings, light jacket cool, and the days were all sunny and pleasant. We called it Mary Poppins perfect weather the entire trip. I cannot imagine being in some of these Egyptian temples at 100+ degrees. Choose wisely when you book - better to have shorter days that are nice than days that just won't end. Because...

I am in a hotel enroute to our second Tauck trip and I didn't check weather very well before booking. We are going to Sedona, Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, rafting on the Colorado, Bryce Canyon, Hoodoos, etc. It's friggin snowing there! It is forecast to be 36 degrees when we are rafting! Don't get me wrong - I love Cana and Vermont in January - but this was a booking mistake on my part! So the clothes we prepared for Egypt will be put to good use, but DW is not very happy with me.

Just a quick note about timing of choices for trips. Our Egypt trip was in late February early March to Egypt. The packing instructions from ABD were to bring gloves, wool hats, coats. We did, and we did not need them. The temperatures were cool in the evenings, light jacket cool, and the days were all sunny and pleasant. We called it Mary Poppins perfect weather the entire trip. I cannot imagine being in some of these Egyptian temples at 100+ degrees. Choose wisely when you book - better to have shorter days that are nice than days that just won't end. Because...

I am in a hotel enroute to our second Tauck trip and I didn't check weather very well before booking. We are going to Sedona, Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, rafting on the Colorado, Bryce Canyon, Hoodoos, etc. It's friggin snowing there! It is forecast to be 36 degrees when we are rafting! Don't get me wrong - I love Cana and Vermont in January - but this was a booking mistake on my part! So the clothes we prepared for Egypt will be put to good use, but DW is not very happy with me.
It snowed when I went to Sedona a month & a half ago, and it was supposed to be 60+. They've had weird weather this year! ❤️ I hope the wife forgives you!

But I also had it snow on us at the Grand Canyon in May in 2008! So who knows!

Sayhello

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter