February W.I.S.H. - Loving the Healthy Life!

Food wise my Valentine's weakness is those little conversation hearts...
For me, it's the SweetTarts version!

I really like those noom quotes the first one reminds me of the nutritionist I worked when I had gestational diabetes. If your body is really craving something there is a reason...eat a small amount of it and move on so you don't binge on it later!
I totally agree!

And the second quote is a big one as well!! It's definitely something I try to keep in mind. (I still occasionally struggle with finishing something just to avoid being "wasteful" - but I'm working on it.)

Hello and Happy Wednesday!!

Sorry I having been absent lately, work has been so busy for me and add traveling to that and it’s just been a lot of catching up but I am feeling much better about work this morning and hoping things start to even out!

Glad to catch up on what everyone has going on! We don’t really celebrate Valentine’s Day here-we do make gift bags for kids living at home and DD was thrilled with hers. DH brought DD and I hope gift cards which was such a nice surprise.

Reading about the teen dating relationships and all this is very familiar to me. DD has had a few, short lived, relationships and they have all ended on not a nice note-usually with some drama to follow. This last time we had a serious discussion about boys lacking maturity (since this is the reason for all her relationships ending) and I suggested putting a pin in dating for a while, she agreed which was great.

Although this is a place to discuss our (human) health, my foster dog goes for his first weight loss weigh in on Friday and I am pretty nervous. He’s gained 14lbs since arriving to me in September, and needs to lose all of it. I do believe some of the weight gain was water due to the fluid his heart was making his body retain, But Friday will give us a clearer answer on that because he has been on meds to get that fluid out for 2 weeks now. His diet is going well-different food, smaller portions, ect…I just hope he’s losing weight!

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!!

Woohoo... I'm starting to connect with folks and rebuild my "service" network. I have upcoming appointments with a Chiropractor and a Naturopath. I have a massage appointment in a couple weeks and one for brow waxing tomorrow followed by a haircut Monday.

Woohoo... drove to the fancy grocery store 45 minutes away with my Niece last night. It was nice to have the talking time and also nice to get a big salad from their salad bar.

Woohoo... the exterminator came yesterday and sprayed around the outside of the house and gave me industrial strength traps for the sugar ant infestation. Tomorrow the plumber comes to fix the toilet leak. Next I need to find a yard service company to come prune and mow the lawn. Feels good that things are getting taken care of.

WooHoo DS got his license on Saturday. Bad news is he can't drive yet. The car he is allowed to drive (I have a new car and he is not allowed to drive mine) is in the shop. It only has 57,000 miles on it and part of the underneath rusted through. It is the part that holds all the steering together so it isn't even drivable. We should have it back either today or tomorrow. They are just waiting on the part.

Things with DD and the ex are still not going well. He is not following her any longer but they are both saying stuff about each other to other people and it is getting bad. The councilor is going to do mediation today with them and get this all nipped in the butt now before it gets any worse. She is going to put ground rules down for them to follow at school.

Woowhoo DDs speech device is working again. In a panic we loaded the app on to DHs old phone and tonight we figured out how to load her profile so woowhoo the emergency backup matches the real one. And as much as having to do that was a lot we now have her a device that with a $10 amazon purchase can become water proof which is great since I had no idea how we were going to manage the time she spends by the pool.

Woowhoo one more week and the project from h#ll will be live and I can get back to my day job.

Today I am thankful we are on the cusp of Spring. The other day my Niece pointed out that we are far enough north that our daylight hours are about 5 minutes less than Seattle, and there is very little light pollution here so when it is dark, it is really dark. Really looking forward to the longer days.

I am thankful to be getting my brows waxed today.

And I'm thankful I was able to get a passport appointment here in town for early March.

Well...on my first day of my winter break, it appears that I have caught a stomach bug from my students. I was forced to cancel today's allergist appointment, and tomorrow's dental appointment. I will be charged $50 for cancelling the allergy appointment without giving 24 hours notice...even though I didn't know that I would be sick 24 hours ago. I quickly cancelled the dental appointment before it was within the 24 hour window so at least I wouldn't have to pay their cancellation fee. I guess doctors are really struggling financially when they have to resort to charging these fees...especially during COVID. You would think they would want their patients to stay home rather than exposing other patients and office staff when they are sick. UGH!!!

I wish that parents would be more considerate of teachers and classmates and just keep their kids home when they are sick. I'm so tired of catching all of their illnesses, especially when it affects my personal life to this extent.

I am thankful that I'm only being charged a cancellation fee for one of my appointments.

I am thankful that I was able to reschedule my allergy appointment during April vacation.

I am thankful that I don't feel worse than I already do.

I am thankful for the school my kids are in. Things with DD and her ex are far worse then I knew. She told the councilor this week that he started to hit her and that is why she broke up with him. He was also being very pushy on trying to get her to do things that she did not want to do. The school is doing a great job of handling this. Her councilor has been great. They have also pulled in the resource officer and one of the principles (he is great and was the one that worked with us last year when DD had suicidal thoughts). I am also very proud of DD for leaving him and speaking up when things were not going well after the break up. She is one strong cookie and he messed with the wrong girl. This does explain why she was so upset about him following her.

We are having some issues with the band director that I hoping will be sorted out today. He told DD yesterday that if the drama doesn't stop neither of them will be going on the Disney trip. I talked to the councilor yesterday about this she is going to talk with him. I told DD that if he does kick her off the trip I will fight for her to go. Worst case scenario she will go with us. Honestly, she might like that better. It would be much more relaxed, the way she likes it.

@piglet1979 my heart literally dropped into my stomach when I read that this boy was hitting your daughter!! This is absolutely so sad I am so sorry but so glad she is out of that relationship! This boys parents better get a handle on him.

@Summer2018 i am so sorry you are sick please feel better

@Oneanne i know what you mean about the eyebrow waxing it seems so simple but it makes a world of difference!!

Thankful for the beautiful weather yesterday and the cooler, but nice weekend ahead.

Thankful to go thrifting for a bit tomorrow morning with DD and my MIL. Community Aide is having 50% off the store!

Everyone have a great evening!!

I am thankful for the school my kids are in. Things with DD and her ex are far worse then I knew. She told the councilor this week that he started to hit her and that is why she broke up with him. He was also being very pushy on trying to get her to do things that she did not want to do. The school is doing a great job of handling this. Her councilor has been great. They have also pulled in the resource officer and one of the principles (he is great and was the one that worked with us last year when DD had suicidal thoughts). I am also very proud of DD for leaving him and speaking up when things were not going well after the break up. She is one strong cookie and he messed with the wrong girl. This does explain why she was so upset about him following her.

We are having some issues with the band director that I hoping will be sorted out today. He told DD yesterday that if the drama doesn't stop neither of them will be going on the Disney trip. I talked to the councilor yesterday about this she is going to talk with him. I told DD that if he does kick her off the trip I will fight for her to go. Worst case scenario she will go with us. Honestly, she might like that better. It would be much more relaxed, the way she likes it.
You have raised a strong girl. Other than the band teacher, it sounds like the rest of her educational team is excellent. Whatever happens, she can count on the adults in her life to support and protect her. That's a blessing.

@piglet1979 my heart literally dropped into my stomach when I read that this boy was hitting your daughter!! This is absolutely so sad I am so sorry but so glad she is out of that relationship! This boys parents better get a handle on him.

This boy is only 14. I can't believe he is already doing stuff like this. I sure hope the school has informed his parents and I hope he is learning from this.

You have raised a strong girl. Other than the band teacher, it sounds like the rest of her educational team is excellent. Whatever happens, she can count on the adults in her life to support and protect her. That's a blessing.
Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter