February W.I.S.H. - Loving the Healthy Life!

Self-care for me is another day of taking it easy. Yesterday I didn't leave the house, I was just too sick. But I did get some organizing and rearranging done, including moving my desk into the living room. I think I'm going to like how it functions here but I'm so-so on how it looks.

My goal for today is to finish moving things around, so that I can set the bed fame up in the second bedroom. The new mattress isn't here yet, but I'm contemplating making that my sleeping room and want to see how much room the bed will take up.

And I'm proud to say I did leave the house this morning.... just to drive around as it is too cold and windy for a walk, but omg is it beautiful! And I masked up to go to the grocery store and didn't cough or sneeze while I was there, so I'm feelin pretty good about myself.

Last edited:
DH and I unintentionally ended up at flower and Garden festival in 2007 when we went to WDW for a wedding....pleasant surprise to see the topiary! The last two years we have been during food and wine and while we haven't really taken advantage the extra atmosphere was pretty cool...the crowds not so much.
Today was recovery day? Man I cannot hang anymore! DH and I dropped the kids off to his mom last night and then went out the see COME FROM AWAY which is such an amazing show. May still be available on appletv+ if you have not had the chance to see it live.
Anyway friends of ours were having a re-do of a new years eve get together so we stopped by after. Did not leave there until after 1...and I had the brilliant notion we needed taco bell and there just happened to be one open on our way home! Taco bell almost entirely sober...why? But it tasted ok but as it has been about 10 years since I had it not as good as I remembered ha. Didn't get to sleep until after 2 and then it was up round 730 for a memorial mass for my dad (yup another one) then off to get the kids. It's now 715 and I am exhausted! And DD took a 45 min nap at 4 so that does not bode well for the night.
Did get out to get supplies for my garden. Got a couple veggies I can start next week since they need to be started indoors well in advance of the last frost of the season in April. Can't wait until spring and summer when a salad doesn't involve thinking ahead for a trip to the market! Going to try some new veggies this year. In addition to lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, zucchini and summer squash I am adding arugula and green beans to the mix! We'll see what actually grows. Really hoping the zucchini corporates this year, I like to saute zucchini and summer squash with corn and cooked/crumbled bacon with a bit of shredded cheese so yummy over angel hair pasta, the saute mix freezes beautifully for summer yummy-ness anytime.
All this typing about summer foods is nicely distracting me from the snow forecast in a few days.

Ha ha... for me this week's medication will continue to be Tylenol.

I think I've turned the corner and am generally better, but was awake for almost an hour at 3am this morning coughing and full of gunk. That can stop now please.

My motivation for this week is the new drapes I got for the living room. My initial idea was to use the red/white checked drapes I had gotten for Christmas in the other house, as I would only have to get one more set and they were inexpensive. But middle of last week I just couldn't bear them any longer and ended up getting drapes I had been admiring from a influencer I follow on IG. I love them, and they make such a difference in the room. A lot more expensive than I was wanting to spend, but they are heavier fabric and lined and hang beautifully and fill up the space so nicely.

I'm taking this as a reminder to go with my heart and make quality choices, invest in myself and do what makes me happy.

Happy Monday everyone.

I am motivated by a wedding in 15 days! That and the scale which was very unfriendly and disheartening on Saturday. Well, not really disheartening because I knew it would be baaadddd. So I am logging all my food, and today I walked past a donut in the staff room! I had planned to get up at o'dark thirty and do yoga (which I haven't done in about a month), but didn't fall asleep until almost midnight. So I got up as late as I could and took a diet Coke to work for a mid morning perk me up.

2591818D-771D-4640-A06E-C4279478E00F.jpeg

Good Tuesday Morning to Everyone!!!

Today 2 of my dogs go to the vet and I was thinking about how badly I wanted to be a vet when I was a kid! Turns out I can’t handle the sight of blood so that went out the window and I am happy with the HR career I choose. Getting to spend my free time with animals through volunteering is definitely a better path for me than being a vet ☺️

What was your dream job when you were a kid?

I have been to flower and garden once. It was or first time going and I had no clue what I was or that this was even a thing. We are going during this years and I can't wait to see the topiaries. I am not a big fan of the food from what I have heard others talking about. I am not very adventurous with my food. I am sure DH will try some though. The funnel cake looked good as long as I could get it with just powder sugar.

We have been sick in this house too. Nothing bad. DS had the cold first and stayed home one day and then the next week DD had it and then I got it over that weekend and DH started last week. It is just some congestion but it won't go away. I am over 7 days and still have the congestion and out of the blue will start to lose my voice. I feel fine though. I am keeping an eye on things with me though. I am starting to feel like I might have a sinus infection. For a few days it hurt to touch my nose. But today feels fine. We will see what happens.

When I was as pre-teen I wanted to be a fashion designer. At one point I even sent a bunch of "designs" to McCall's magazine, which was published by the McCall's pattern company. Someone was nice enough to send back a letter saying they weren't accepting designs from "independent designers" at that time... such a small gesture that made a huge impression on me.

In the high school vocational aptitude testing I got engineering, but my Counselor recommended against going in to that field, because at that time Boeing was the only place for engineers to work and they were laying people off. Worst advice I've ever been given.

My absolute dream job would have been to combine the artistic part of being a designer and the mathematical part of being an engineer and become an Imagineer.

I have always loved fine arts and performing arts. My family steered me away from any creative career path which led to me putting myself through school while working full-time after I wasn't happy working as a secretary.

My favorite part of being a teacher is incorporating the performing arts, music, and art projects into my job. I had a lot more freedom to be creative as a PreK teacher than I do now as a Kindergarten teacher. Kindergarten has unfortunately evolved into a much more academic grade...similar to 1st grade. I do still try to make time for artistic pursuits for my students.

I have supported my very talented daughter in all of her artistic goals. She's much happier than I was at her age.

As a youngster I really wanted to be a Rockette, had a real good highkick, but it was clear I would never be tall enough early on. Then I had thoughts of being an Imagineer but lacked the math skills.
Went into college intending to go on advertising.
Many twists and turns lead me to my current career and I must admit I am pleasantly suprised by it.

Today was a distance learning day for the kids thanks to the snow and I had to work, it was an adventure but we got through it. Then my toaster/air fryer crapped out....ugh....ordered a new one as I cannot deal without that 15 pounds of kitchen genius. Just finished my second book of the year, or third? Need to charge my kindle for tomorrow night. The two books I have read most recently are the first in their series and while I enjoyed them I didn't like them enough to deem the series shelf worth so i bought the remaining books from one series on the Kindle and will probably get the rest from this series as well. That will get me through the summer at least.

I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up. Still don't know and I'm old!!! :rotfl2: But I love the job I have now so all is well.

I'm 11 calories over for the day, should have had a piece of Dove dark chocolate instead of Godiva dark chocolate--then I'd be about 11 under. I want a treat so may make myself some tea before the night is done.

We had a snow day today at school. I had to go in but had the building to myself so it was nice and quiet. People are starting to worry we about whether we'll need make up days at the end of the year. They're sweating bullets about it! Doesn't affect me because I'm there long after everyone leaves for the summer.

I never had a clear career path. I remember talking to a teacher my senior year trying to figure out what to go to collage for. I settled on Nursing. But teaching as second on the list. I went to a 4 year school for 1 semester and then came home and went to the community college. I was so home sick and I was only 2 hours away from home. I did 1 year in nursing and decided I couldn't handle the math and science (really this was an excuse. I was being to lazy to but the work in). I switched to early childhood education and started working at a daycare. Realized quickly that I wasn't going to have the patients to make that a career. Though I stayed at the daycare for 9 years, until I had my kids. After that I went to business management and though I could never hire or fire someone and so I switched to office administration. And this is what I got my degree in. Somehow along the way at my job now (I have been here for 15 years at the end of this month) I moved up to management. I do regret not getting a degree in nursing. I really wanted to be a labor and delivery nurse and still do but I love my job and the people I work with. Also, they want us to have a good work/home balance and I work normal hours and have the holidays off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter