Finished the Minnie 5k and now attempting the Princess 1/2 - Am I nuts!?!

Also, i just posted a question for my sis, to the general WISH forum, if anyone can answer it , i would be grateful!
Thanks!!

Ok, so I really think i will just end up signing up for the 5k. and that's it. I know myself, and i don't honestly think i am going to be up to 15k. I would rather sign up for something that i have an actual chance at finishing, to start. The 15k just seems to daunting of a task right now. I would be crushed if i spent all that money to go, and then got swept or injured. ;)
So, by the weekend, i will probably have news that i am "offically" signed up. Stay tuned! LOL

Also, you should get to *meet* my sis soon, i politely told her she HAS to join the WISH boards tonight.. LOL, cuz she has so many questions and i told her how great you all are!!

Would love to meet your sister, Stacy! Tell her the more the merrier.

And I think you're really smart to stick to the 5K. If you're anything like me, you would probably like to start out with something you feel like you can tackle successfully before you commit to anything really long (or that seems really long to a newbie)!!

I'm sure you'll be ready to run a 15K before you know it, but for now, I'm glad you're going to run the 5K first - can't wait to meet you!

Hope you have a good night - and keep going with your workouts, you're doing GREAT!

Hey Stacy! I just returned your PM. :goodvibes

I think "just" signing up for the 5k is a good idea. For your first time out, you will totally ROCK it! :thumbsup2 Not saying that you have to go all out and try to win the thing, but confidence-wise...I think it's a better choice. You don't want it to be all pressure filled for your first race. By then you'll be able to ENJOY the 5k and all that comes with it. :banana:

And welcome to your sister!! :thumbsup2 Can't wait to meet her.

The one thing i did notice this am though - is that after my workout, i felt a little bit nauseous.. Did i drink too much h2o during my w/o? How much should you drink when you w/o? I usally took a swig of water after each jogging burst, but like i said, i had to sit for a while after my w/o b/c i felt queezy.. The feeling passed, and i jumped in the shower.. but i had never felt like that before - after a w/o.

Also - after my w/o i have been taking 2 Advil's just in case my legs are sore.. is this ok?

Sorry, Stacy. I completely forgot to answer these.

As far as the nausea....I know that I would definitely be nauseas if I drank during a run/walk. I couldn't have anything bouncing around in my stomach, not even water. If it's not too hot out, try to go without, until you're done your w/o. Even when you do that, try not to chug the water. Sip it for a little while after your run/walk.

As far as the advil goes...I don't think that will hurt anything. Maybe after another week or two, try to not take it and see how you feel, you know?

You're doing great with the program!

Thanks so much Kim!!

That's what someone else i know (who is a runner) said about the water.. so i am going to try to go without today.
Til after the w/o.

And i totally get what you are saying about the 5k.. I would rather sign up for something i know i can complete, than to bite off more than i can chew,and be all worried! ;)

For my schedule today -- I am going to do W2D2 for the C25K program! I am actually looking forward to it! LOL That will be all i will do today, as i am still in the process of making 80 Breast Cancer Awareness Soaps - to donate to a friend who is having an event and she is picking them up tomorrow am at my shop.. so they got to be done! Also, having a big food tasting day at my store tomorrow.. so i am stressing about that! So, i am actually looking forward to this workout this morning!! :)

I walked my sister thru signing up on the DIS last night - but she wanted to read a bit before posting.. so *hopefully* she will get her butt on here today!! OR at least by the weekend!
She is currently doing W5D2 next on the program!! She rocks!!! At least we will be able to cheer each other on.. I told her that I would be at the 15k finish line to cheer her on, and she said she would be at the 5k to cheer me on! So, even though we most likely won't be in the same "race", We will be there for each other..

That's it for now! I will check back in after my workout this a.m.!

Hi Stacy,

Sounds like you have a busy couple of days ahead of you. Sending some :wizard: your way.

You are doing a great job with your training....Keep up the good work!:cheer2:

Have a great weekend!:hug:

I did it!! Finished W2D2!! :woohoo: :banana: I'll tell ya, my legs are a lil' jelly-like right now, lol.. but overall, i think i did pretty well. I slowed my walking down a bit, i found it too hard to try to come off a jogging burst and then try to go nuts walking.. so i dropped my walking down to about 3.5 and did my jogging bursts around 4.8-4.9. Which is up from my previous 4.7. (Not much, but it's something!) ;) I also didn't drink and so i don't feel nauseas (sp?)

Thanks everyone for your comments, it totally helps me as i am sweating and working out - to think of you all! :grouphug:

Hi Stacy,
Great job on your workout.I know what jelly legs feel like too-mostly after I was on my bike.

I think you may have sent the sun to us! It may clear before the soccer game today,don't feel like standing in the rain,the players love the rain at this age.

Have a good day,
Linda

Well Linda, as soon as i posted, the sky got dark and it started to rain.. :( However, now it is beautiful again, and nice and sunny! :)

Well,
I had spoke to my MIL at the bus stop today, and was telling her my plan for May, and also how i felt guilty about not bringing my dd, or lying to her about where i was going. LOL So, she asked what weekend it was in May, and i told her - so she said, if i want to take my dd, she would come and stay with her and take her to the park and stuff when me and my sis do stuff on our own... so it would really be the best of both worlds. :) Did i mention that my MIL is a huge Disney nut as well? As she is my partner in crime..lol. So, i think when we go down this Nov. we will buy my dd an annual pass, so she can use it for 8 days next mo. and then 3 days in may.
Now, i am excited, and looking forward to ironing out all the details, and telling DH ( ya, THAT will be fun.. NOT!!) LOL

Hey there! It's great that you have decided what to register for! You guys will have a great time! Congrats on W2/D2! I do Day 3 tomorrow...

Sounds like you have a very busy weekend ahead of you! It's great you have a good relationship w/ your MIL! I'm so glad it's all coming together for you!!!

Keep us up to date on your progress!

Stacie

Great job on the TM! Every bump up on that TM definitely IS a big deal!! :thumbsup2 Congrats! And I'm glad you didn't have the nausea. :goodvibes

How awesome that your MIL might go so that your DD can go too. I think you mentioned that your DH isn't quite as nuts about WDW, so does that mean that he'd stay home? What a fun girls weekend you'd have, huh? :) (I'm completely jealous)

Have a GREAT weekend!

Well, my DH loves WDW too, but he is pretty content with one vacation a year, where apparently i need WDW recovery help.. LOL See, DH works 2 jobs too.. so for him to get time off is harder.. And we go to WDW every year for a week at Thanksgiving time. Next mo. will be our 4th TG trip consecutivly.
I am my own boss - i own my own gift shop, so i can pretty much work my schedule around when i want.. I don't have "employees", but i have my teen niece who works for me, and she would work when i go. :) So, i am more flexible in that sense. DH just thinks i am nuts and can't justify hotel/plane cost for a 3 1/2 day trip. Which i can really understand.. i do.. BUT, in the same fact, There is just something about WDW what i just love.. and what better place to celebrate a victory such as being able to run a 5k for the first time than WDW?! ;) Talk about a reward!!
Believe me, we are not "well off" to be doing all these trips, but there are things i will give up, to get there.. Vacations are my priority (after the needed bills .. kwim?) Some people love clothes, some love shoes, some love makeup and pocketbooks.. me, i love trips. Just wish i had the income to back my love.. LOL

Well, my DH loves WDW too, but he is pretty content with one vacation a year, where apparently i need WDW recovery help.. LOL See, DH works 2 jobs too.. so for him to get time off is harder.. And we go to WDW every year for a week at Thanksgiving time. Next mo. will be our 4th TG trip consecutivly.
I am my own boss - i own my own gift shop, so i can pretty much work my schedule around when i want.. I don't have "employees", but i have my teen niece who works for me, and she would work when i go. :) So, i am more flexible in that sense. DH just thinks i am nuts and can't justify hotel/plane cost for a 3 1/2 day trip. Which i can really understand.. i do.. BUT, in the same fact, There is just something about WDW what i just love.. and what better place to celebrate a victory such as being able to run a 5k for the first time than WDW?! ;) Talk about a reward!!
Believe me, we are not "well off" to be doing all these trips, but there are things i will give up, to get there.. Vacations are my priority (after the needed bills .. kwim?) Some people love clothes, some love shoes, some love makeup and pocketbooks.. me, i love trips. Just wish i had the income to back my love.. LOL

I know exactly what you mean. I really wanted to do the 1/2 marathon (not all running) in January, but we just couldn't justify the cost for just me, when there are so many races offered in my area. I know that the Disney 1/2 is SO much different than any regular races around here...but again, it's the cost aspect. AND, we're even DVC members!! But our DVC points are precious and we plan out each and every point....so it's not like it's "free". You know?

Sorry to ramble....just wanted to pop in and say I know what you mean...and if you can swing it - GO FOR IT!!!:banana:

Hi Stacie,

I'm sorry I haven't been around, but you are Rockin the c25k. I think it is awesome that your DD may be coming with you. She will be so proud of here mama.

I totally understand about the need for vacations. My DH is content to stay home, so my Mom and daughter are my traveling buddies.

Have a good event at the store today.
Beth

Hi everyone!! Well, i am exhausted! LOL We had a very successful fall Food Sampling Day at my store today.. Now, i am home and finishing up my 80 soaps that i am making for my friends Breast Cancer scrapbook event - she is giving them as part of the goodie bags. So, iam hoping i can be in bed by 11 or so.
No "exercise" today, just lots of running around.. ;) Tomorrow night, i will walk outside with my pooch (my lazy yellow lab).

Oh.. now, get this--- I told my mom today, about my plans for the WDW 5k in May, and surprisingly, she was on board!! Now, she said she wants to come!!! So, what started as just being me and my sis, has turned into 5 people! LOL Which means our hopes of staying value resort are out.. :lmao: So, now we are probably looking at POR as it is the only mod hotel that sleeps 5.
Oh, then i told DH tonight about his mom going and me bringing our DD, and he was OK with it!! Which totally took me by surprise! So, i feel like a big weight is lifted, and i can look ahead to this and get my butt in shape! :yay:
So, This coming week, i will register for the 5k and we will be making the deposit on the hotel..! :banana:

I will be on later tonight - in between making soaps, to catch up on everyone!! :goodvibes

Hey Stacy--You are doing great on your c25k plan. Keep up the good work. you are going to do so great in the 5k in May. I am not really that familiar with that training plan...how many weeks is the training plan??

Sounds like you all are going to have a great time at WDW in May. That is great that your DH is OK with the plan, and that others in your family are going to come along for the trip as well.

I am considering doing the 15k, but not sure I can afford to go down to WDW in May for the race, especially since I have two trips before then. But, we will see on that

Keep up the good work!

Hey laurie! That C25K plan is 9 weeks. Tomorrow is the end of week 2 for me!! I know what you mean, we are doing 3 trips before the race in May.. I am seriously going to need to ebay some stuff.. LOL

Hey Stacy--I didn't realize that the c25k plan is only 9 weeks. Do you plan on doing another training plan when you finish c25k? Minnie Weekend in May is almost 7 months away, so you have a lot of time to train before that. I think if you are already on week 2 of c25k, you can definetely continue with a 15k plan and be ready in May for a 15k....just my two cents!

Keep up the good work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter