First timers list of stuff

I finally finished reading the entire thread. I added stuff to my list obviously and even went shopping for some of the listed stuff. I am starting to feel panicky. we leave in 10 days or so (driving) but I have a week long business trip right before. yup, I was crazy enough to book a trip to Disney to start just a day or so after I return from a convention in San Diego, CA. needless to say I have been driving myself crazy packing both my suitcase for cali and my family's stuff for dwd. I am sure I will pull through and because it is a road trip we can always stop at a walmart along the way should we (gasp) forget something. it was the only week we could fit it in cause I was not ''allowed'' to take vacation time before this business trip and school starts on sept 2. we have our adrs and know which park we will visit each day but I need to finalize the actual touring plans. I figure my long plane rides to and from cali will allow me plenty of time to do that and I will have the unofficial guide with me to help me. we are going in thinking that we will see the must-sees and then whatever else we dont get to see , we can always come back next yeat ;) I was feeling a bit anxious too since we had to downsize the trip from 7 to 5 nights because of budget reasons (low season at dh job and he is working less hours than usual) but still very grateful to God that we get to go on our first family trip to the world. anyway so sorry for the long post but somehow typing this is making me feel much better. now I wish I can concentrate on my work and business trip and stop thinking about the disney trip 24/7! i wish all of you have a blessed time in the world.

p.s. no tips this time since I am a newbie, but promise to bring some back when I return!

Charin, I have to know where are you from in VA, as in what is it near. I'm just outside Lynchburg. DH and I were trying to think, but we don't think we've ever heard of it. THANK! oh and have a FABULOUS trip!!!

Charin, I have to know where are you from in VA, as in what is it near. I'm just outside Lynchburg. DH and I were trying to think, but we don't think we've ever heard of it. THANK! oh and have a FABULOUS trip!!!

Hi, we are from Lake Ridge, the city is actually Woodbridge, in Northern Virginia (Prince William County). We just moved here a year and a half ago, we are originally from Puerto Rico.

Just today I called to change my room only ressie into a package, made the total payment and WE ARE SO EXCITED!!!! I can't barely contain myself I want to shout to everybody walking past me that WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY!!!!! I am in San Diego at a convention right now, working 12 hour days and what is getting me through is knowing that when I get back home next Wednesday it is just a matter of doing laundry, packing and LEAVING!!! YAY!!!! Can you tell I am excited???!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

book put out every year. has tons of good tips, touring guides, and reviews of resorts and resturants. full name is unofficial guide to walt disney world.

I found it to be very helpful during my trip last week. I used the "with kids" version. I even carried it with me in the parks for quick reference (could not bear to "tear out" anything).

I'm a big fan of "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World" (You can often find last years edition at a huge discount from Amazon or a local discount bookstore.) so I subscribed to the touringplans.com website.:surfweb: One of my favorite things there is a touring cheat sheet. Think of it as an Excel Spreadsheet divided into time of day for each park listing which attractions to avoid (long lines), which to ride, and which to fastpass for each time of day. Allows for great flexibility if you arrive at a park midday and don't want to spend hours in line.:worship: There's a cheat sheet for each crowd planner rating, so the sheet for Christmas Day is alot different than, say, December 9th. Disboards is the only place I can openly admit to keeping multiple spreadsheets for my Disneyworld Addiction.:grouphug: If you really want to plan everything out, you can make personal touring plans complete with a map showing numbered stops for your tour for each park. The site also has a number of "ready made" touring plans for all day, half days, late arrivals, multiple days tailored to adults, kids, seniors.... Oh how I do go on:rolleyes1.

cargo shorts with zippers and a lanyard. His cell phone, sunglasses, wallet, etc. will easily fit in his shorts pockets and the pockets zip so they won't fall out when he's flying around on the rides. The lanyard will hold his room key, ticket and fast passes and he can drop it in his shirt before riding to make sure it doesn't fly off.

I'm curious is anyone else with tweeners has this problem and how they dealt with it. Also, would love to have a "devils advocate" let me know the flaws in my plan!

This is my preferred touring attire in the "drier" season when I don't need to carry ponchos, dry shoes and socks, and a towel. One thing I would suggest is to put a ziplock in the pockets for the cell phone and wallet. If you have purchsed the "paper" tickets make sure they are in a bag, too! But I LOVE my cargo capris for touring and use the "leg" pockets for bulkier items.:woohoo: Bag free touring is so nice!

wow! I'm so glad you bumped this, I've really enjoyed reading it, I know I've got just over a year till i go, but I'm sure you'll all agree theres no such thing as too much planning :lmao:

Charging privileges - you can charge most purchases in the Disney resorts and theme parks to your room key.

Charging privileges - you can charge most purchases in the Disney resorts and theme parks to your room key.

And they'll be delivered to your resort the following day! So you can buy something at 9 am and not lug it around the park all day long :)

Hi everyone! I am again in charge of planning our WDW trip. Last time 07' I was a genius as I had found a lady who had all of the parks and rides color coded on index cards. It was great! I seem to remember she was from Mexico I think. But they were great and easy to carry around. Any bells going off? If anyone can help me that would be great!!

This thread has been GREAT!!!

Hubby and I leave in 9 days for our 20th Wedding Anniversary trip. Our first trip to DW and my first time flying. To say I'm excited is an understatement.

:yay: :woohoo: :banana: :cool1: :cheer2:

One thing that is definitely worthwhile to bring with you every day is extra hair ties or clips.

Last time out, one of my hair ties flew off while on Test Track and I had to buy another one. Not a big expenditure, but annoying.

Thanks so much for the tips Alice!! :thumbsup2

I too have OCD when it comes to planning ANY trip/vacation. This time the OCD trip planning has been kicking on overdrive and we aren't going until December...not too much longer to go. I just feel that I will forget to do/see/experience something...boy I hope not.

Anyway, thanks again for all the tips and I will continue reading...:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter