First timers list of stuff

Hi, I have been checking out all of these tips and ideas and they are great for a newbie like myself! I am so addicted to these boards and planning it's crazy!

I have come across a couple of other sites where you can purchase pre-printed temporary tattoos with your cell phone number on it, medical information etc. You put these on your children at the beginning of your trip and they are said to last for about 4 days or so, you can simply remove and re-apply once they start to wear. They are available at www.safetytat.com.

I've also seen another site where you can buy wristbands that contain important safety and medical info. These are at www.chicksandcubs.com/safety.htm.

I haven't used these yet but will make the decision between them (or both) before our trip this November.

Thanks for all of the help!!! :thumbsup2

This is GREAT! Thanks for posting this
I am going to get the tattoos - I think the velcro on the wristband will bug DS, and he'll take it off. The tat I can hide under a sleeve so no one sees it unless they have to.

This is GREAT! Thanks for posting this
I am going to get the tattoos - I think the velcro on the wristband will bug DS, and he'll take it off. The tat I can hide under a sleeve so no one sees it unless they have to.

I have been looking for something like this! Thanks for posting!

We're going in summer, so I think I'll avoid the tattoos. The kids will be in shorts and tank tops-- I'm not sure I want their personal info out there for the world to see.

But I will include it on a card inside each of the kids' fanny packs. My kids are old enough to remember where to find it so they can be helped. Anyone helping them would think to look there. But I don't run the risk of someone with evil intentions saying "Your mom told ME to bring you back to the Poly to play in the volcano pool..."

My kids are old enough (and I hope street smart) enough that I think it's probably not an issue, but that's OK. It certainly can't hurt. And it will give them access to our cell phone numbers (which we NEVER use so no one has memorized) should they need them.

We are having our kids dd (13 autistic and wonders) and ds (10) have their cell phones in their fanny packs. If they were to get lost there is gps on them and we can locate them with our phones.

Newbie here! I was wondering what the pins are that people have mentioned bringing and trading??

Hallelujah, I have found my people :love: :love: :love: !! We are going in September 2009- yes that's right September 2009- and I am already up to my eyeballs in lists. I have a special favorites folder for websites with things I may buy before our trip. My husband is tired of planning already! I'm glad I'm not the only complusive planner :) :) :) !

Newbie here! I was wondering what the pins are that people have mentioned bringing and trading??

it is a great way to get souvenires at a low cost. to make thing even cheaper is at the disney outlet stores. you can get pins for 3 to 4 dollars and trade cast members for ones worth 8 to 12.

Hallelujah, I have found my people :love: :love: :love: !! We are going in September 2009- yes that's right September 2009- and I am already up to my eyeballs in lists. I have a special favorites folder for websites with things I may buy before our trip. My husband is tired of planning already! I'm glad I'm not the only complusive planner :) :) :) !

Our last trip in December was the first trip ever for my parents... I planned for TWO years (no, I am NOT kidding)

Our next trip will be April 2009 and our first Disney Cruise... I am already planning :lmao:

My only tip would be to make lists, lists of lists and lists of the list lists!

I have a list for EVERYTHING at this point, so I don't forget anything!

And, read and re-read the tip board.

I am driving my DH and my BIL nutso with the planning.

I can't even share with the kids, since we are hoping to surprise them - our hope is to wake them the morning we are leaving and tell them then!

I think half the fun of going is the anticipation in the weeks leading up to the vacation, but that is me.

Have a magical trip!

We're going in November, kids are almost as excited as we are...:)

Another tip: If there's a BJs near you, they're selling Misty Mate Misters at 3 for $15. They're not battery operated (so no batteries to replace!) and they're about the size of an electric toothbrush.

A friend picked up enough for my family of 5, my sister's family of 5 (who she hadn't yet met, but I'm doing lots of planning and including her) and her own family of 4. The misters are a huge hit already.

2. I can't stress this enough... if you're a newbie (and even if you're not ;) ) get a copy of Unnoficial Guide. Find it for free at the library or buy the latest one at your bookstore... money extremely well spent.

FYI. . . overstock.com has the UG on sale for like $12 or $13 right now. I just ordered one!:cool1:

i totally agree - the unofficial guide is amazing.

it doesn't seem to have a huge status here in the UK - but seriously its the best book ever.

funny too :)

It's so funny; when I'm watching the kids in the pool, I have my unofficial guide at my side. I've read it cover to cover already, but that's OK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter