• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

First timers list of stuff

The only thing I would add is this:

Have a meeting place for each park in case someone in your party gets separated.

In the day before cell phones (OK, I'm showing my age) we had met up with my sister-in-law and her 3 kids at Epcot. Our party was my DH and my 2 DS. We are having a wonderful day until we get to Norway (no offense to Norway, this is just where it happened), I suddenly feel very ill with an upset stomach, knowing that I can't possibly ride the boat at Norway, I get out of line and go to the ladies room. Well they all went on the ride. We had said that we would meet up at the exit for the ride. Well I ended up collapsing in the ladies room. My sugar was all screwed up and a CM came upon me, they took me to the first aid area and everyone was wonderful, but it took a long time for me to come around and by that time my party thought that I had gone back to the room at the CBR, long story short, everyone was looking for me, my DH went back to CBR looking for me. When I was able and feeling much better I went and sat on a bench at Norway and waited for someone from my party to come and get me. Thankfully someone did, just in time for dinner at "The Land".

So I can't stress enough - have a meeting place. :flower3:

Great idea! We're taking my Mom with us this trip (she's never been) and she doesn't own a cell phone. She's 60 and hard to keep up with.:rotfl: This will help when we get separated. Thanks!

I found a website today called goodypak.com. They have lots of Disney stuff for sale, such as autograph books, lanyards, children's ponchos, scrapbooks, etc. You can even buy a themed pack of stuff for your child. They have pirate, princess, and Cars themes. They probably have others, but I can't remember. This may be a great place to get some fun stuff as you plan your trip.

Thanks for this link. I saw several items I really liked!

Where in LI ? I'm in Hicksville. I am taking my DS5 for the first time in Dec for his Bday. I have become totally obsessed with the DIS!
My poor DS has been totally neglected, my DH wonders why the house is in such disarray. I told him it was Mickey's fault.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I need to use that excuse. :lmao:

Towels - one of our travel traditions is to buy beach towels on our summer vacations. I have an old EPCOT Center one from the 80's, and some Carnival towels from a cruise, etc. It's fun to have the themed memories when you get home.

Oh this sounds like a great idea. We didn't take or buy towels there last year, but this year we got the water park tickets free so I was going to take towels. I will now buy them towels there. We do have towels from WDW that sil and bil got us years ago before we had ever been there.

What great ideas...I've been reading this, adding to my lists, and cut and pasting to my word doc all day. :thanks:

Oooh, lawd. Y'all are all crazy! And so am I, so I'm pleased as punch to have found other such obessesive obsessors! I don't even know when our next trip will be, but still felt compelled to read this whole thread...and cut+paste into a word doc for future use. :rotfl:

Re: The Baggalini Messenger. When I was on the WDWCP program many years ago, I owned a bag very similar in size/shape to this. I used it EVERY DAY. Took it to work and always took it to the parks (I am sure there are multiple pictures with me & this bag). It was just the right size, although that was back when cell phones weren't as wee as they are now; I was rocking the Zack Morris cell phone, so it didn't ride along. But the Baggalini has a special pocket and none of your phones are microwave-sized so that's even better! So yes...as a commando park vet, I recc the Baggalini.

Whee! With all the talk of being able to cancel, I wanna make a reservation just so I feel legit here on the boards! And maybe if I do...my dream really will come true :lovestruc

Don't bring towels (ok, I can see the kids' since they're special to them). There's tons of towels by the pool. Yes, there are hair dryers in the rooms, so no worries there.

Just found this thread tonight so I'll throw in a couple of comments...

3. Comb this site for tips and tricks. You'll learn stuff you never would've thought of, like:
Snorkelling in the Living Seas
Picking a pearl in Japan
Candy lady in Japan
Wake tink up in the morning
Tom Sawyer island paint brushes...

Where do you wake up tink?

Thank you for taking the time to right all that out. To a newbie this is very helpful!

Hi, I have been checking out all of these tips and ideas and they are great for a newbie like myself! I am so addicted to these boards and planning it's crazy!

I have come across a couple of other sites where you can purchase pre-printed temporary tattoos with your cell phone number on it, medical information etc. You put these on your children at the beginning of your trip and they are said to last for about 4 days or so, you can simply remove and re-apply once they start to wear. They are available at www.safetytat.com.

I've also seen another site where you can buy wristbands that contain important safety and medical info. These are at www.chicksandcubs.com/safety.htm.

I haven't used these yet but will make the decision between them (or both) before our trip this November.

Thanks for all of the help!!! :thumbsup2

none of your phones are microwave-sized so that's even better!

Let me introduce you to my friend, iPhone. I went from a Razr to this gargantuan piece of technology goodness that will not fit in any cell phone holder, or some cute purses. So, I've designated that front pocket of my Baggallini for the giantness that is my iPhone.

Oh, but I love that big chunk of a phone. I wouldn't be able to function without it. :lovestruc

Thanks for all the great tips! I can tell I will be on this board quite a bit over the next few months! ;)

Definitely some good tips on here. I would add that an empty ziplock bag can be a camera saver. We went on a water ride (not at disney, but similar to the splash mountain and had a couple digital cameras with us. As we were about to take the plunge, I put them into an empty ziplock (was left over from snacks). The bag got soaked (and so did we of course) but thank goodness the cameras survived without a drop on them. We pack a ziplock for each camera now and make certain we use them.

Here's a little tip that may be helpful to some:
I buy the Capri Sun drink pouches and freeze them before we go to the parks. I then put them into a ziploc bag, so when they start to melt, the sweat doesn't get all over everything. Then, when the kiddos start to get thirsty, I just pull out one of these!! It's handy, and saves money!

So many fantastic ideas! I have been to disneyland MANY times and was an obsessive, compulsive planner....but disneyworld is a whole new adventure unto itself....lol
I think planning is 1/2 the fun and I certainly am enjoying it...I loved the chamois idea!!! Brilliant!!!!!

Good morning! I am happy to hear that there are other planners as crazy as I am! My daughter and I have been planning out every last detail-as we do with each trip. We have books on planning, books on dining, trivia books and a book of Hidden Mickey's-and yes, we do actually look for them in the parks. In fact, the last time we were at the Beach Club my daughter found them in the wallpaper in the bathroom! That was not listed anywhere in the book , so it was a "coup" for her! We enjoy the planning as much as the trip. We are down to 125 days until we go-yay!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter