FIVE, no NINE, no TWELVE nights at Disney! A vacation fit for 2 Princesses!

jen22984

Mouseketeer
Here goes nothing! My first Pre-trip report on my 3rd (and family’s 2nd) Disney trip! My first trip was when I was 2 years old, in 1986, and we stayed off site. The only thing I remember about that trip was eating grapes out of a cup off of the nightstand in the middle of the night and the long drive there from Ohio listening to books on tape. Our 1st family trip was last September. We went for 7 nights with my parents, younger sister, and her then-fiance (now husband). We had a wonderful time and didnt want to leave, which is one of the reasons we are returning this year!

CAST of CHARACTERS:
Me – Jennifer: 26 year old stay at home mommy of 2 beautiful girls, Air Force wife of almost 7 years, loves cooking, baking, crafts, and photography. I became obsessed with any and all things Disney while planning for our family’s 1st trip last fall. I am the one solely responsible for all the planning that is going to be done for this vacation.
IMG_8058-1.jpg

DH – Quentin: 28 year old wonderful daddy to the same 2 beautiful girls, proud member of the Air Force for 9 years so far. He enjoys working on cars, fishing, playing with the girls, video games, and spoiling me! His responsibilities for this trip include paying the bill, saying “yes dear,” and driving!
IMG_8328.jpg

DD1 – Aryanna: 3 year old drama queen,loves anything Disney Princess related!
IMG_7818-1.jpg

DD2 – McKenna: 1 (for another 11 days) year old Daddy’s girl, totally obsessed with Buzz Lightyear!
IMG_7879-1.jpg

So, our trip as been in the works for awhile, hense the title. It has went from a short 5 night trip, to a 9 night trip, and most recently a 12 night trip! Normally, we would never take such a long vacation because of DH having to take so much time off of work and the costs. But due to our circumstances this fall, we will be able to enjoy 12 nights without much of a financial burden.

We started off with planning a 4-5 night trip, using the military ticket deal that is out. And had planned on going at the middle/end of August.

See, right now my DH is stationed in Georgia and we will be moving to CA at the end of September. However, we are in MS until the middle of August due to a temporary duty assignment. So we had to cancel/put on hold our Disney trip. He was to be here from the middle of March until the middle of August. The girls and I spent the first 10 weeks of this trip in Ohio visiting with family and helping my sister with wedding stuff (her wedding was May 1st). My DH and I planned for him to fly up to Ohio for the weekend of the wedding, without the kids knowing. What a surprise! Seeing the girls' facing whenn they saw him was the greatest! But, it made us realize just how much we did miss him being around! So, a friend of his that is down here and DH ended up getting a short erm lease for a 3 bedroom furnished townhouse. The girls and I moved down with them a week ago. Everyone is so much happier now!

Anyways, we had our house in Georgia up for saleand finally this week decided to just rent it out since we haven't been getting any interest in buying market. We have renters set to move in next week, yay!! Now, when we leave Mississippi, we will still need a place to live for 1 month before we move to California.

That's when the light went off! :idea: Since we would need to stay in a hotel for a month anyways, why not stay at Disney! I priced out the difference between the 9 days we were up to and the most we could stay without moving our arrival date up.....3 nights and $300! And since there is no way we could feed a family of 4 three meals a day and pay for 3 nights in a hotel for $300, it was a no brainer!

We looked at almost every value & moderate resort, before deciding that we would stick with Pop Century, since we loveed it so much last year! We will be arriving at DisneyWorld on September 3rd and leaving on September 15th!

Woo Hoo for starting your pre-trip report!! I'm sooo jealous of your twelve days! (..maybe I'll have to crash your trip?;))

LOVE that pic of Kenna!!

Keep postin! :goodvibes

Woo Hoo for starting your pre-trip report!! I'm sooo jealous of your twelve days! (..maybe I'll have to crash your trip?;))

LOVE that pic of Kenna!!

Keep postin! :goodvibes

I'm jealous of your entire YEAR!!! You definitely won't be crashing our trip, we'd love to see you guys again! Maybe this time we can actually meet up on time and hang out longer!

That is one of my favorite pictures of her too!

Sounds like a great trip, and I love the reasoning! Perfect! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I thought it was the perfect reason to extend the trip too!

Here are our daily plans for our trip.

Friday, Sept. 3rd - Arrival Day
- Leave GA around 8am, arrive at WDW around 4pm
- Check in to Pop, start unpacking
- Get ready for dinner
- 7:00pm dinner at 1900 Park Fare

Saturday, Sept 4th - Animal Kingdom
- Rope drop at AK @ 9:00am
- Lunch at Flame Tree around 11:00
- Possibly stay for parade @ 3:45pm
or - back to the hotel for naps/swimming around 1:00pm
- 5:30pm dinner at Maya Grill as CSR
- Back to hotel to relax/swim

Sunday, Sept 5th - Magic Kingdom (hopping to Epcot for dinner)
- Rope drop at MK @ 9:00am
- CS lunch around 11:00am
- back to the hotel for naps/swimming around 1:00pm
- 5:30pm dinner at Teppan Edo (hop to Epcot)
- Back to MK for SpectroMagic Parade & Wishes
- EMH at MK, depending on how the girls are handling it

Monday, Sept 6th - Epcot/DTD
- 8:10am breakfast @ Akershus
- back to the hotel for naps/swimming around 1:00pm
- CS dinner at DTD around 5:00pm (Wolfgang Ruck Express or Earl of Sandwich)
- shopping at DTD

Tuesday, Sept 7th - DHS/Epcot
- rope drop at DHS
- Possibly stay for parade @ 3:00pm
- 6:05pm dinner at Tutto Italia
- Illuminations @ 9:00pm

Wednesday, Sept 8th - Magic Kingdom/DTD
- 8:05am breakfast at Crystal Palace
- parade at 3:00pm
- Either to DTD for an early dinner, then back to hotel for swimming/early bedtime
or - back to hotel for naps/swimming, then to DTD for a late dinner

Thursday, Sept 9th - Animal Kingdom
- Sleep in
- get to AK around 11:00am for a CS lunch
- parade @ 3:45pm
- 6:30pm dinner at O'Hana
- watch Wishes from the beach at Poly

Friday, Sept 10th - Sea World
- CS breakfast @ Pop
- Sea World for the day
- CS dinner @ Pop

Saturday, Sept 11th - Magic Kingdom/Epcot
- rope drop @ MK
- Possibly stay for parade @ 3:00pm
- 5:45pm dinner @ LeCellier
- Illuminiations @ 9:00pm

Sunday, Sept 12th - DHS
- rope drop @ DHS
- 12:45pm lunch @ Sci-Fi
- parade at 3:00
- back to resort
- back to DHS around 6:30pm
- Fantasmic @ 8:00pm

Monday, Sept 13th - Animal Kingdom/DTD
- rope drop @ AK
- 12:30pm lunch @ Yak & Yeti
- Possibly stay for parade @ 3:45pm
- 6:00pm dinner at Cap'N Jacks in DTD
- Shopping in DTD

Tuesday, Sept 14th - Magic Kingdom
- Sleep in
- CS brunch @ Pop
- start packing to go home
- MK around 2:00pm
- 4:25pm early dinner @ The Plaza
- 7:00pm MNSSHP

Wednesday, Sept 15th - Departure Day
- CS breakfast @ Pop
- check out around 10:00am
- leave for home

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter