Flight Prices December/January

We flew QANTAS to DFW. AA to MCO then back via Honolulu. Leaving Jan 4th. We booked it on multi-city booking through QANTAS website. Cost was $4720. All flights were on time and the schedule was just right

We flew QANTAS to DFW. AA to MCO then back via Honolulu. Leaving Jan 4th. We booked it on multi-city booking through QANTAS website. Cost was $4720. All flights were on time and the schedule was just right

How many passengers!

OMG - that Hawaii stopover really bumps up the fares - we paid $1250 rtn Qantas via DFW for each adult in September.

Granted, these were the introductory fares when they announced the DFW route - but.... $4720 :faint:

OMG - that Hawaii stopover really bumps up the fares - we paid $1250 rtn Qantas via DFW for each adult in September.

Granted, these were the introductory fares when they announced the DFW route - but.... $4720 :faint:

The OP asked about December/January prices.

From what I have seen Hawaii does not make much difference in cost. If you see my post earlier it was actually cheaper to go via Honolulu.

Yes, I realised that was also a factor after I posted.

Looks like I will not be going anywhere in January. :sad1:

Last week bought two Qantas economy return tickets Sydney to WDW leaving 14th December and returning on 18th January via Aulani for two nights. Cost just over $8,500.00

Yikes, are you serious? That is lots of dollars. God I'm starting to feel sick about what our flights are going to cost.

Yikes, are you serious? That is lots of dollars. God I'm starting to feel sick about what our flights are going to cost.

If you are flying out of Australia you should be able to get a low season fare as long as you fly by the 9th of Dec. After that the prices go up and stay that way until about the 16th of Jan. I've generally booked my Dec flights by May and managed to get a reasonable price.

Nov/Dec 2010 we paid $1156.00 return BNE/LAX
Last year same time frame $1450.00

I'm hoping to fly out of Brisbane on the 17th of Jan so hoping for something better than a high season fare.

It's just DD and myself this time so I'm happy to wait and see.

The airfares are coming down :cool1:

Just checked Qantas and for the same days, they are cheaper than VAustralia :eek:

Looking at dates, end of November (30th) with return mid/late December is coming up at $1299 return. So one way is $679 ret is $621

Virgin is $1397 ($631 over and $766 ret)

AIRNZ - still over $2000 ret

The airfares are coming down :cool1:

Just checked Qantas and for the same days, they are cheaper than VAustralia :eek:

Looking at dates, end of November (30th) with return mid/late December is coming up at $1299 return. So one way is $679 ret is $621

Virgin is $1397 ($631 over and $766 ret)

AIRNZ - still over $2000 ret

After the 9th the flight Sydney to LA jumps to $1642.00. Go late January or early December and it is much cheaper.

When I try to put in my multi stop trip Best Flights just groans and says "can't help ya luv" :).

I might have to try adding less legs in and buying one flights separately? Does that often end up alot dearer to do it that way?

We are flying out 9 December for that reason Colin

When I try to put in my multi stop trip Best Flights just groans and says "can't help ya luv" :).

I might have to try adding less legs in and buying one flights separately? Does that often end up alot dearer to do it that way?

We are flying out 9 December for that reason Colin

Which airlines are you trying to book the multi stop with.

What are the dates and to which airports.

Colin, I've been trying to enter them into BestFlights just to see what airlines were offering what prices. We have quite a few stops.

I've been roughly working on:-

9 Dec Syd - Orlando
20 Dec Orlando - NYC
29 Dec (train) NYC - Boston
2 Jan Boston - Quebec
7 Jan Quebec - Buffalo
9 Jan Buffalo - Washington DC
13 Jan Washington DC - Sydney

Whew, that's a mouthful :rotfl2:

Colin, I've been trying to enter them into BestFlights just to see what airlines were offering what prices. We have quite a few stops.

9 Dec Syd - Orlando
20 Dec Orlando - NYC
2 Jan Boston - Quebec
7 Jan Quebec - Buffalo

I just looked at Qantas for the Syd-MCO, MCO-JFK, IAD-SYD and it's $2109 (didn't look at boston and quebec, quebec buffalo or buffalo washington as they don't have quebec as an option.

9 Dec Syd - Orlando
20 Dec Orlando - NYC
2 Jan Boston - Quebec
7 Jan Quebec - Buffalo

Try booking the flights as separate flights. Maybe Sydney to MCO and the return as Washington or LAX to Sydney.

This year we booked on Qantas and then booked the AA separate. It was cheaper than going through Qantas.

I think with Virgin you need to call them for multi stops.

We are in the expensive season as we can't go earlier than the 14th December.

Thanks for having a play Colin. I was coming up with similar figures as you mention. I'd really love the flights to not have a 2 at the front :rotfl: but I think it won't happen.

I think you may be right, booking the internals separately might be our best option although I'm thinking that could be a busy time of year for internal flights so who knows what it will cost. Bugger lol.

Bummer you can't leave until the 14th. My daughter finishes school on the 7th and my son finishes on the 12th so it worked out fairly good for us.

Thanks for having a play Colin. I was coming up with similar figures as you mention. I'd really love the flights to not have a 2 at the front :rotfl: but I think it won't happen.

I think you may be right, booking the internals separately might be our best option although I'm thinking that could be a busy time of year for internal flights so who knows what it will cost. Bugger lol.

Bummer you can't leave until the 14th. My daughter finishes school on the 7th and my son finishes on the 12th so it worked out fairly good for us.

Self employed is the reason we don't go until the 14th.

We tend to book the flights as soon as we can, have generally not seen the prices drop. It is the peak time of the year for travel, and we like to get the seats as close as possible to the front.

I'm self employed too. It's expensive for me to take off at this time of year business wise. Costs me thousands in income. But it works for my kids and their schooling and it won't affect my husband's work too badly and I'm mad mad mad for Christmas so I've said to hell with it and we are outta here. Will have to work like a fiend though between August and mid November. Yikes, I feel ill just thinking about it :eek:.

So your experience is that the flight prices don't come down too much at the time of year? When are you planning on booking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter