Fluff thread: What weird thing do you find disgusting? (Not normal icky things; I mean oddities.)

Popping gum, I just want to slap the person when I hear it.

The top toilet seat up. I don't want to see in the toilet at all, put both seats down please. It's nasty.

Speaking of toilets, toilet brushes gross me out. I don't use them, they can't get into the cracks and nooks around the hinges, I use gloves and a rag and clorax and scrub. Toilet brushes are just nasty.

Biting into egg shells. If a little bit of shell gets in my eggs and I bite down on it, game over, I gag and everything goes in the trash, including anything else on the plate.

I’m a preschool teacher and I struggle with play dough. I can barely look at it, much less touch it and the smell is disgusting; luckily I have a kind co-teacher that takes the lead on it!

When I wash my hands I have to take off all my rings first, wash then dry thoroughly!!! Any moisture under or around my rings freaks me out!

ETA: I just reread my post....oh crap, I have sensory issues!:oops:

Last edited:
Fruit. All of it. Even the smell of the produce section of the grocery store makes me gag.

Biting into egg shells. If a little bit of shell gets in my eggs and I bite down on it, game over, I gag and everything goes in the trash, including anything else on the plate.
Another one that's me. I love egg salad sandwiches. I make them pretty often, BUT, if I make one and I hit an egg shell in the first bite ----- I spit it out and the whole sandwich (and rest of egg salad made) goes in the trash. I don't throw away any other food that's on the plate, though.

I nearly crawl out of my skin if someone at the dinner table asks for a toothpick and proceeds to use it *at the table.* NOOOO!!!! Go to the restroom and dig around in your mouth. Don't make everyone sitting at the table have to watch. :sad2:

Popping gum, I just want to slap the person when I hear it.

The top toilet seat up. I don't want to see in the toilet at all, put both seats down please. It's nasty.

Speaking of toilets, toilet brushes gross me out. I don't use them, they can't get into the cracks and nooks around the hinges, I use gloves and a rag and clorax and scrub. Toilet brushes are just nasty.

You mean the hinges of the seat? Who uses the brush to clean there? :crazy2: The brush is for the bowl. Cleaning rags or wipes are for the seat, hinges, sides, back, etc. For the space under the rim, I found a brush that has a piece on it to get under there.

My weird thing...If I am not wearing cleaning/food prep gloves, I have to wash my hands at least three times when I am done, or my hands don't feel clean. With the gloves, it's only one wash.

Also, I dislike metal spoons. Eating with them, stirring in a glass or mug...give me one of my camping spoons instead. I can use the metal spoons if I'm out and have to, but at home...I'll wash the camping spoons first. Conversely, I hate the camping forks; I'd rather use a metal one to eat with.

Wounds. Probably most people find them gross, but even a scraped knee on one of my kids made my knees go weak. Stitches or a surgical incision could level me. A number of years ago my neighbor gave his BIL a kidney. The first time I saw him after the surgery we were watching our young kids ride their bikes in our street. I asked him how he was feeling and without saying anything he whipped up his shirt to show me how big the incision was and how it was healing. It was all I could do to keep upright.

And loose teeth. OMG. I always tried to get my husband to deal with that disgustingness. I am embarrassed to admit that in 1st grade my youngest DD had a loose tooth while my husband was out of town. I was trying to persuade her (I thought successfully) to wait for dad to come home, but no, she went to school and asked her teacher to pull it out—and she did. Talk about going above and beyond.

I can’t imagine when you’d encounter this.... do you mean like a colander or pasta strainer? What else has lots of little holes? Please help...

God, my girlfriend has this too. She HATES pics that are like very close up of pores or skin. Or those mushrooms that have the little gaps in them.

Another one that's me. I love egg salad sandwiches. I make them pretty often, BUT, if I make one and I hit an egg shell in the first bite ----- I spit it out and the whole sandwich (and rest of egg salad made) goes in the trash. I don't throw away any other food that's on the plate, though.

Good to know that this is an actual "thing" with other people besides me!!

I love boiled eggs on a salad. The other morning I grabbed a couple out of the fridge and quickly got them ready to put on my salad. (I do the jarred salads and was a little behind with this one). I normally use fried onions as my "crunchy" on the salad but this time used sunflower seeds. Until I was eating lunch, I did not realize how much biting into a sunflower seed was going to make me think of an egg shell!! I had to slowly inspect the entire salad after I got that first seed. LOL. Didn't find an egg shell but everyone wondered why I was inspecting every bite after digging through the whole salad. :rotfl2:

I can’t stand wearing nail polish. I hate how it feels on my fingertips. For a special occasion, I might wear it for a few hours, but as soon as I get home, I have to take it off and let my nails breathe. I could never wear fake nails; it would be so uncomfortable. :scared:

Me too! It makes my fingers feel SO HEAVY and coated. I can't. It doesn't bother me on my toes, though, probably because those nails are thicker and toes are less sensitive than fingertips. Whenever I tell people about this, they look at me like I'm crazy.

The feel of velvet. I absolutely hate it. Similarly, those nubby Norwex towels people hang in their bathrooms. The feel of it is so uncomfortable for me, I just wipe my hands on my pants. I’m not crazy about microfiber either. Any material that sticks to my dry hands weirds me out.
Me, too! I hate the feel of microfiber cloths on my hands!

Me too! It makes my fingers feel SO HEAVY and coated. I can't. It doesn't bother me on my toes, though, probably because those nails are thicker and toes are less sensitive than fingertips. Whenever I tell people about this, they look at me like I'm crazy.

LOL, same for me with the toes, except I still have to remove and reapply often, with some “natural” time in between. :)

Blowing noses..

I really hate it when I have no choice but to do it in front of people and I get it when people are in the same boat. But lordy if you can excuse yourself to go away please do. The whole thing is an icky thing but it grosses me out when you're sitting right next to me and do it. I'm excluding children here in the mix..it's still gross but I def. tolerate/handle it more when it's kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter