Flying to & from Canada on different airlines

Please do update if you can, I would really appreciate it. :)

Do you know if Canadian customs is before or after security at Calgary airport? I'm trying to figure out if I'll have to go through security again, just to be mentally prepared.
I'll let you know! Less than 2 weeks to go now! :)

I honestly can't remember, sorry, but I'll try to check while I'm there so I can let you know.

From the Calgary Airport website:

After arriving at YYC, you will be need to process through Canada Customs before being granted entry into Canada. Follow the steps outlined below to make this process as seamless and simple as possible:

1. Please enter the correct queue according to your final destination:

• If Calgary is your final destination, please follow the signs for “Calgary”.
  • If you are connecting to another destination, please follow signs for “Connections”.
I'm assuming the "Connections" passengers stay in the secured area and do not need to go through the security checkpoint again.

Be aware that if you are in Canada and book on-line, AC converts fares to CAD for one way flights from the US to Canada. WJ flights will charge you in USD if you book on-line from the US to Canada. I found that out the hard way when I used a regular CC. Cancelled the flight immediately but got dinged $150.00 conversion fee. Flight cost was cancelled but the 2.5% charge for using a Canadian card is applied immediately and cannot be reversed. Prices look great on the WJ site for one way from MCO and the fact they are priced in USD is not very noticeable if you aren’t looking. Doing it by phone is better as they can convert and therefore no extra charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter