FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER...I'm NOT GOING HOME!! UPDATE DEC.30 PG 74

Joining along...

Congratulations!! It will be an exciting time for you!! And I am looking forward to reading along..

Welcome!

Thank you! I look forward to sharing with you all!

Hey, you might be planning on using a guest ticket to get into the parks for the all nighter, if so then ignore me. But special events like the All-Nighter are blocked out for cast members. Even if it's not specially ticketed, disney will choose to have certain days be guests only (like Dapper Day this year was switched to guests only on short notice). Also, it'll take a few days to get your main gate pass after you get there. At the beginning of my program we still used our blue disney ids to access the parks, but now that it's switched over to an RFID card, I'm not sure when you'll receive that. We originally only used our main gates to get additional guests in, and didn't get those until a few weeks into the program. Our new main gates (what you'll use) were also mailed to us when they got that technology ready.

Thanks for the info!

I already knew it was a black out date and since I already had a trip planned with my parents I have a ticket. I won't be going to the parks on the day I check in to the program so I am saving that day's ticket to go to the all nighter.

Joining in!

Congratulations on your acceptance, Caitlin! :mickeyjum

Welcome!

Thank you!

Congratulations on your acceptance! I'm following along.

Thank you!

Subbing! Can't wait to hear about the program!

And I'm from MI too! :woohoo:

Welcome!

Glad to see a fellow Michigander!

So excited for you hon! It will be here before you know it!

Thank you!

I know!

I can't wait to see you again!

:thumbsup2Excited for you!! Following along to hear about your experience.:thumbsup2

Thank you!

Thank you for following along!

I'm joining! I already told you before, but it's so exciting!

Also, can't wait for our meet up in May! :goodvibes

Hi Caitlin. I've never read any of your TRs before but I'm planning on diving into them today.

As a fellow Michigander, I always love to hear the travels of other Michigan people :P

Also, the DCP fascinates me. Since I'm about to be a PR of Canada, I'd have to do an International College Program and with my marriage and everything else I just don't think it's possible :( But oh well, I shall live it through your TR.

I'm joining! I already told you before, but it's so exciting!

Also, can't wait for our meet up in May! :goodvibes

Thank you for joining in!

I can't wait either!

Hi Caitlin. I've never read any of your TRs before but I'm planning on diving into them today.

As a fellow Michigander, I always love to hear the travels of other Michigan people :P

Also, the DCP fascinates me. Since I'm about to be a PR of Canada, I'd have to do an International College Program and with my marriage and everything else I just don't think it's possible :( But oh well, I shall live it through your TR.

I hope you enjoy them!

Awesome!

I can't wait to share my DCP with you!

Subbing! just read through your DL TR and came across this link! Can't wait to hear more about the DCP, and good luck with everything. So exciting!

The Phone Interview

I woke up very early on Monday morning! Not that I got much sleep to begin with! As every DISer knows anything to do with Disney equals little to no sleep!

I had scheduled my interview for 8:30 am. I am a morning person and knew this would give me enough time to eat breakfast and have a cup of coffee before I had my interview. Coffee is life blood for me! My mom cooked breakfast for everyone and it was sooo good! We then ran over interview questions and watched a Disney show until my interviewer called.

The phone rang and we were all very excited!

My interviewer was very friendly and her voice reminded me of my grandma! She was very easy to talk to and I really enjoyed my interview! She asked all of the usual questions confirming my college and the dates I was interested in.

She also asked me if I would be okay working outside in Florida with the range of hot and cold weather. I told her I'm from Michigan and on that day we were celebrating reaching 46 degrees outside :rotfl2: We then discussed the terrible winter MI has been having before we got back on track.

She then asked me my top three or four jobs.

In my head my list goes like this:
1.) Great Movie Ride Narrator
2.) Merchandising at Magic Kingdom so I can see everyone as they run in at rope drop and see people's reactions to the Castle for the first time.
3.) A character

So I told her I was most interested in Attractions followed by Merchandising, Concierge and Entertainment. She informed me that there was an audition in Ann Arbor the following day if I was available.

After I listed my top choices she began asking me questions about Attractions. She did ask me other questions for other jobs but I thought I would focus on Attractions since that's what I ended up getting. The questions included if I could memorize dialogue, if I would be okay talking over a microphone, if I could handle an emergency situation if it were to arise and if I was afraid of heights.

I am really excited about the first two questions she asked me! I am really hoping this means I am on one of the acting rides! I tried to stress my Communications and Theater degree and that I am used to entertaining large groups with my volunteer work as a Sunday School teacher. I also told her I have been acting since I was 5 and have no issues memorizing dialogue. In all honesty, I applied for the Disney College Program because I was hoping I would have a chance to act again. I took a lot of theater classes for my undergrad and I really miss having the chance to perform on a regular basis.

We finished off our phone conversation discussing my tattoos and whether they could be hidden. She asked if I had any tattoos and if I was wearing a one piece bathing suit what would show. (This was after briefly discussing being a lifeguard) I told her I have one on my foot and one on my wrist. She then asked how big they were inch wise and I had to ask my parents to chime in :rotfl: None of my tattoos are very big but I had never thought of their width and length before! She then asked if I would be okay covering up my wrist with make up and if my foot could be covered with a sock. I answered yes to both of those questions because I got my tattoos in these spots so they could be easily hidden when I went to work in a professional setting.

Overall it was a great experience! I really enjoyed my time on the phone and obviously it went well!

Next up: Character Auditions (don't get too excited I didn't make it but thought I would share the great experience with you all!)

So impressed with how quickly everything moved for you!! SO awesome! Her questions were definitely specific enough to make you wonder what they have in mind for you!! hmm

Hi

I am a bit of a long time stalker....i have read previous trip reports and loved every minute but apologise i havent commented before. I love the way you and your mum write your reports and also your pictures. Was lovely seeing this thread and huge congratulations! i look forward to following your journey.

Many thanks for all the great trip reports you have shared
Sarah x

Joining in!
Congrats on your acceptance, that's so exciting! I'm applying for Spring Advantage 2015 so I'll be living vicariously through you until it's (hopefully) my turn! :goodvibes

Congrats on your acceptance! I did DCP in Spring of 2007 when I was a sophomore, and was a GMR tour guide! I remember during my phone interview I told her that I wanted to do either Jungle Cruise or GMR, and I ended up with GMR! It was the most amazing feeling on check-in day to get the assignment I wished for! You'll love it if you get it! Good luck! :)

Sounds like a pretty painless interview, though if I were in your place I would have been stressed that having a tiny tattoo might keep me from getting the gig ... obviously it didn't :goodvibes

Just to be clear, when you were talking about your top choices did you get as specific as saying "I'd love to be a narrator on the Great Movie Ride" or just keep it at "Attractions"?

BTW - love your top choices and reasoning behind them. Think my top choice would be Jungle Cruise Skipper

So impressed with how quickly everything moved for you!! SO awesome! Her questions were definitely specific enough to make you wonder what they have in mind for you!! hmm

I was very surprised!

I can't wait to find out!

Hi

I am a bit of a long time stalker....i have read previous trip reports and loved every minute but apologise i havent commented before. I love the way you and your mum write your reports and also your pictures. Was lovely seeing this thread and huge congratulations! i look forward to following your journey.

Many thanks for all the great trip reports you have shared
Sarah x

Thank you for reading along!

I am glad you have enjoyed them!

I can't wait to share more stories with you!

Sounds like you killed it on the interview!

I must have we do all know how it ends :rotfl:

Joining in!
Congrats on your acceptance, that's so exciting! I'm applying for Spring Advantage 2015 so I'll be living vicariously through you until it's (hopefully) my turn! :goodvibes

Thank you!

Good luck! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Congrats on your acceptance! I did DCP in Spring of 2007 when I was a sophomore, and was a GMR tour guide! I remember during my phone interview I told her that I wanted to do either Jungle Cruise or GMR, and I ended up with GMR! It was the most amazing feeling on check-in day to get the assignment I wished for! You'll love it if you get it! Good luck! :)

Thank you!

That's great!

Cross your fingers for me!

Sounds like a pretty painless interview, though if I were in your place I would have been stressed that having a tiny tattoo might keep me from getting the gig ... obviously it didn't :goodvibes

Just to be clear, when you were talking about your top choices did you get as specific as saying "I'd love to be a narrator on the Great Movie Ride" or just keep it at "Attractions"?

BTW - love your top choices and reasoning behind them. Think my top choice would be Jungle Cruise Skipper

I realized a long time ago Disney is anti tattoos and if they were to have rejected me for that then oh well. I wasn't too stressed because she asked about putting make up on it and stressed it was only for costuming purposes.

I just kept it as attractions. Honestly any of the rides where you have a tour guide would be awesome to work at!

Thank you! I had a friend who did that for his DCP and told me to cross my fingers for the GMR because of how hot it can get! :rotfl:

Congrats! My DD did the CP and says it was the best experience of her life. I hope it's the same for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter