FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER...I'm NOT GOING HOME!! UPDATE DEC.30 PG 74

I'm excited to read all about your adventures. I really wish I would've done the program!

I woke up very early on Monday morning! Not that I got much sleep to begin with! As every DISer knows anything to do with Disney equals little to no sleep!

Ironic isn't it?
When you're at Disney, there's no better sleep than Disney sleep.

My interviewer was very friendly and her voice reminded me of my grandma! She was very easy to talk to and I really enjoyed my interview!

Really!
Wow, I would've been really nervous if my interviewer called me "Poor unfortunate soul".

In my head my list goes like this:
1.) Great Movie Ride Narrator
2.) Merchandising at Magic Kingdom so I can see everyone as they run in at rope drop and see people's reactions to the Castle for the first time.
3.) A character

That list does not surprise me one bit.

The questions included if I could memorize dialogue, if I would be okay talking over a microphone, if I could handle an emergency situation if it were to arise and if I was afraid of heights.

I can guess what you said for the first two, but what did you say about emergencies and heights?

I tried to stress my Communications and Theater degree and that I am used to entertaining large groups with my volunteer work as a Sunday School teacher.

Those must have helped!

We finished off our phone conversation discussing my tattoos and whether they could be hidden.

Knowing what you know now, would you have not gotten them?
Or gotten them in different (more easily hidden) places?

I answered yes to both of those questions because I got my tattoos in these spots so they could be easily hidden when I went to work in a professional setting.

How is the wrist one covered up easily?
Or are you referring to a long sleeved blouse or jacket?

Next up: Character Auditions (don't get too excited I didn't make it but thought I would share the great experience with you all!)

The whole process is interesting. Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

Awesome!!

I'm so glad you've shared so much of the experience with us! The phone interview does sound like it's more fun than intimidating lol!! I for some reason didn't know that you had acting/performance background! That's totally awesome!! I do hope you get a role in attractions that you get to play around with a bit, that would be much more fun than some of the others lol!!

Excited to read more!

Congrats! My DD did the CP and says it was the best experience of her life. I hope it's the same for you!

Thank you!

Me too!

I'm excited to read all about your adventures. I really wish I would've done the program!

Thank you for following along!

Ironic isn't it?
When you're at Disney, there's no better sleep than Disney sleep.

Really!
Wow, I would've been really nervous if my interviewer called me "Poor unfortunate soul".

:rotfl2:

That list does not surprise me one bit.

I thought you may be surprised HM wasn't on it ;)

I can guess what you said for the first two, but what did you say about emergencies and heights?

Well I said that as a Sunday school teacher I have to be prepared in case of an emergency with the kids. Luckily there hasn't been one but I would be able to handle it.

I said space mountain and expedition everest are some of my favorite rides so it wouldn't scare me :goodvibes

Those must have helped!

It did!
Knowing what you know now, would you have not gotten them?
Or gotten them in different (more easily hidden) places?

How is the wrist one covered up easily?
Or are you referring to a long sleeved blouse or jacket?

The top of the foot is covered easily with a sock or shoe. My wrist is really small so long sleeves or a watch or bracelet covers it. You can see it in my intro picture. I might have placed the wrist somewhere else but it says faith and whenever I need to remember to let go and let God it's right there to remind me. :goodvibes
The whole process is interesting. Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

Thank you for reading!

Awesome!!

I'm so glad you've shared so much of the experience with us! The phone interview does sound like it's more fun than intimidating lol!! I for some reason didn't know that you had acting/performance background! That's totally awesome!! I do hope you get a role in attractions that you get to play around with a bit, that would be much more fun than some of the others lol!!

Excited to read more!
You really just have to be yourself on the interview!

Thank you!

I do too!

This is very interesting reading about the process in being accepted to the DCP. Although I am waaaayyyyy past the age for such a program, it has always intrigued me. I had a fraternity brother in college get accepted and he told me about his experiences in the late 1970's. Disney is VERY image conscious so I can understand about the tattoo questions. In the Disney business seminars and in the WDW Keys to the Kingdom Tour they discuss the "Disney way" and there is a reason for it to be so specific. They told us about the screening process for the main characters and how careful and in depth the research can be. Can you imagine a Mickey, Cinderella or other Princess character all of a sudden going beserk and start shouting at little kids? Talk about a PR nightmare, not to mention the emotional scars on the tykes! It wasn't said but I wouldn't be surprised if Disney also monitors, to one degree or another, various social media for their main characters. Nothing sends up a red flag like an employee bad-mouthing their employer on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram or constantly dropping the "f" bomb or other don't-want-to-hear-those-words from their employees! :sad2: I know some CM's that think Disney is too strict in some of their requirements but there is a method to their madness and it obviously works or they would not be so successful and constantly voted the cream of the crop for theme parks and customer service. From what I've read in your TR's, you will be a perfect CM! Can't wait to read more about your journey.

This is so exciting!!! I'm def following along!!!!
Congrats!

My sister got accepted to the Fall DCP program for 2014 arrival Aug 4. She also got the role of attractions.

Can't wait to hear about your adventure!

I always have (at least) two windows open when I'm online and one of them is always Facebook, because I'm addicted. I like being able to read my notifications as they pop up. (Pathetic, I know.) But it made me giggle because the little sidebar ad that I see when I flip over to it is for the DCP! Since I am way too old (and way too out of college) for such things, I think it's a sign that your experience is going to be awesome!! :goodvibes

This is very interesting reading about the process in being accepted to the DCP. Although I am waaaayyyyy past the age for such a program, it has always intrigued me. I had a fraternity brother in college get accepted and he told me about his experiences in the late 1970's. Disney is VERY image conscious so I can understand about the tattoo questions. In the Disney business seminars and in the WDW Keys to the Kingdom Tour they discuss the "Disney way" and there is a reason for it to be so specific. They told us about the screening process for the main characters and how careful and in depth the research can be. Can you imagine a Mickey, Cinderella or other Princess character all of a sudden going beserk and start shouting at little kids? Talk about a PR nightmare, not to mention the emotional scars on the tykes! It wasn't said but I wouldn't be surprised if Disney also monitors, to one degree or another, various social media for their main characters. Nothing sends up a red flag like an employee bad-mouthing their employer on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram or constantly dropping the "f" bomb or other don't-want-to-hear-those-words from their employees! :sad2: I know some CM's that think Disney is too strict in some of their requirements but there is a method to their madness and it obviously works or they would not be so successful and constantly voted the cream of the crop for theme parks and customer service. From what I've read in your TR's, you will be a perfect CM! Can't wait to read more about your journey.

I totally understand why Disney is so strict!

They used to be very strict when it came to facial hair and just recently changed their rules. I have a feeling in the future the tattoo covering will change just not for face characters. A lot of people have them and a lot of people doing the college program have half sleeves!

I was actually talking to someone in one of my classes about it and they knew someone who did the program when they were in their undergrad. According to her friend they had the students check in to the program and then pull up their Facebook and if their profile wasn't appropriate they would be sent home!

Thank you so much!

This is so exciting!!! I'm def following along!!!!
Congrats!

My sister got accepted to the Fall DCP program for 2014 arrival Aug 4. She also got the role of attractions.

Can't wait to hear about your adventure!

Welcome!

I hope your sister has a blast!

Can't wait to share it!

I always have (at least) two windows open when I'm online and one of them is always Facebook, because I'm addicted. I like being able to read my notifications as they pop up. (Pathetic, I know.) But it made me giggle because the little sidebar ad that I see when I flip over to it is for the DCP! Since I am way too old (and way too out of college) for such things, I think it's a sign that your experience is going to be awesome!! :goodvibes

That's so cute!

I hope it is!!! :thumbsup2

Congratulations on being accepted into the DCP! I have always been intrigued by the DCP and secretly hope my daughter will consider it in the future, the way far out future since she is only 4 1/2! I can dream, right???

Congratulations on being accepted into the DCP! I have always been intrigued by the DCP and secretly hope my daughter will consider it in the future, the way far out future since she is only 4 1/2! I can dream, right???

Thank you!

Hey it's never to early to start grooming her to work at Disney :rotfl2: I was raised believing in the Disney magic and am working there now! I actually mentioned in my interview that I come from a long line of Disney lovers :goodvibes

Joining...
Congratulations! My son's friend did Spring Advantage 2013 and can't say enough wonderful things about the program. My DH, who is about to graduate from high school, dreams of doing the CP some day too.

Joining...
Congratulations! My son's friend did Spring Advantage 2013 and can't say enough wonderful things about the program. My DH, who is about to graduate from high school, dreams of doing the CP some day too.

Thank you!

I am glad to hear that!

I hope they get the chance to!

So happy for you! :cool1: You will meet so many new people and get great work experience. We know two girls who have done this during the past 2-3 years and one who is going to apply next fall. The two that have already done it have fabulous memories and friends from all over the world. Best of everything to you!

So happy for you! :cool1: You will meet so many new people and get great work experience. We know two girls who have done this during the past 2-3 years and one who is going to apply next fall. The two that have already done it have fabulous memories and friends from all over the world. Best of everything to you!

Thank you!

I am so looking forward to that part of it! I think it will be awesome meeting a ton of people from different backgrounds who all just love Disney! Kinda like the DIS :rotfl:

Thank you!

I've been following along on Facebook but this was my first opportunity to start your TR. I'm really looking forward to following along. This is going to be so much fun to read!!! Can't wait to find out what your assignment is going to be!

I've been following along on Facebook but this was my first opportunity to start your TR. I'm really looking forward to following along. This is going to be so much fun to read!!! Can't wait to find out what your assignment is going to be!

Thank you for following along!

I can't wait to share my adventure with you!

I can't wait either!! It's driving me crazy :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter