For those of you that have ordered a DDE card

Mike

DIS Veteran
I ordered my DDE card on Monday morning (6/13). Rosa told me that she would mail out my letter on Tuesday. As of Thursday, my credit card still hasn't been charged. The credit card I used has a great website and charges show up online almost instantly, so it is not a cc processing lag time that is the reason.

I am beginning to think that there was a problem with my order. I am concerned because I leave 5 weeks from tomorrow and I was really hoping to get the card in time and not have to carry the letter around with me.

Did anyone else experience such a delay in when their cc was charged for this purchase? I really don't want to call back after only 3 days to see if there was an issue. But on the other hand I can't imagine that the letter went out on Tuesday (as was promised) without my cc being charged. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Your cc won't be charged for quite some time. It took them two weeks to charge it out when I ordered in January. They may not process it until they actually receive the order at the card manufacturer, which is an off-site contract company.

I think it took about a week for my card to be charged. I did however have the letter in my email within 24 hours.

It took about seven weeks to get our actual DDE card. Just print out the letter and take it with you. It works like a charm. All the CMs were aware of the delays in receiving the cards.

Have fun! :drinking:

MG

Thanks Chuck. That is interesting that they mail out the confirmation letter before the cc charge goes through. I appreciate the info.

Maistre Gracey said:
I think it took about a week for my card to be charged. I did however have the letter in my email within 24 hours.

It took about seven weeks to get our actual DDE card. Just print out the letter and take it with you. It works like a charm. All the CMs were aware of the delays in receiving the cards.

Have fun! :drinking:

MG

We were typing at the same time - thanks for your reply as well MG.

I ordered ours in early April. The letter came within a week. The charge took longer. It has been more than 60 days and we are still awaiting the card! :(

The letter worked fine on our trip in late May. I had only the original so it's a little dogeared now. I hope the card arrrives before our trip in November because the letter has a June expiration date. ;)

I ordered mine in late January. It was charged at the beginning of March and I received it mid-March.

I wouldn't count on getting it in 5 weeks. I used the letter in early March and it was no problem.

I ordered mine around the 8th of April. I received my letter within a week of ordering. My credit card was not charged for several weeks. I just recieved my cards this week. :flower:

When I ordered I was told it would take 6 to 8 weeks. It took the full 8 weeks.

recieved DVC AP voucher in mail 5-13 (needed numbers on back of voucher for sure) called 4 pm same day, cc charged on 5-13 recieved letter in mail 5-18, our trip not till 7-17 still hope for actual DDE card in hand but confident letter will work thanks to dis-board freinds comments that letter worked out.

I had faxed my request over around May1. I got the letter a few days later but I am still waiting for the card. I leave next week so I am praying for Pixie Dust to sprinke on me!! :wizard:

I ordered mine the first week in Feb. , got the email that day, was charged the middle of March and the card arrive April 16th. We left for WDW on the 15th! Good news, because my sister was leaving on the 17th and brought it to me. It does take a long time because of a small staff so be kind to them, but it's worth it. We saved over $150- on our April trip and I still have Aug, Oct and Dec to go :teeth:

I have been watching these reports of the time taken to get the cards with great interest over the past few months. We are not going until December 31, and I am trying to figure out the timeline I need to follow to get the most use out of the DDE card. At this point, it looks like I need to order it by mid October in order to have it for the end of December. I would like to be able to use it for a year's worth of trips, and that would mean December, January, March and December again. Is this going to be possible given the fact that we have to order them so early?

You really DO NOT need to order it. Unless you are comfortable with a "card".
We just got back, did NOT have AP's. We bought ours (AP) at DD, and after 10 min, I said I want the DDE. He said no problem, that will be $50, and you can pick up your "confirmation letter" at EPCOT guest services after 5:30 pm.

So, I carried the "letter" with me for 9 days, and got all the discounts. It also comes with a list of rest...

So, I got the AP's at 3:00, checked into POP, went over to EPCOT at 6:00pm, and picked up the DDE letter.

NO worrying about a card in the mail, etc. So, for those of you not getting your DDE card, Do it this way=LESS STRESS!!

HTH
DeerH

I agree. I ordered DDE last week for our trip because I wanted to be sure that it would last through July 31 06 :goodvibes I really don't mind having a letter for this first trip for the extra savings on the end :teeth:

That's great advice! I just didn't want to wait until December to get the APs, because we will be arriving at MCO after noon Dec. 31, and we want to be sure to get into Epcot for NYE. I suppose we could get our APs at Epcot though. Is that possible?

dianeschlicht That's great advice! I just didn't want to wait until December to get the APs, because we will be arriving at MCO after noon Dec. 31, and we want to be sure to get into Epcot for NYE. I suppose we could get our APs at Epcot though. Is that possible?

Yes, you can get it thru Epcot Guest Relations as well. Just DD was on the way in for us, and it IS a lot more convient, (do not have to pay to park, ride the tram,etc,etc). Just walk up and get your AP'S. It is VERY close to Girelldellis" as well---Had to get a MILKSHAKE!!!

So, I got both things: AP's and a Milkshake!!!

DeerH

dianeschlicht said:
I have been watching these reports of the time taken to get the cards with great interest over the past few months. We are not going until December 31, and I am trying to figure out the timeline I need to follow to get the most use out of the DDE card. At this point, it looks like I need to order it by mid October in order to have it for the end of December. I would like to be able to use it for a year's worth of trips, and that would mean December, January, March and December again. Is this going to be possible given the fact that we have to order them so early?

Diane - if you order the card in October it will expire at the end of November the following year so you will not be able to use it for your second December trip. You'll need to order it in November for it to be valid through the following December.

Ordered my DDE card on 6/6/05 and my credit card was charged on 6/14. I received the letter right around 6/14. I'll post again as soon as the card arrives - which will hopefully be before our August trip! They said that orders are going much faster now, and from what I've read that was pretty quick to have my CC charged. We'll see...

Paul in CT said:
I ordered ours in early April. The letter came within a week. The charge took longer. It has been more than 60 days and we are still awaiting the card! :(

The letter worked fine on our trip in late May. I had only the original so it's a little dogeared now. I hope the card arrrives before our trip in November because the letter has a June expiration date. ;)

I ordered mine in May, got the letter and used it in May and again on our June trip, and it is truly, dog-eared. We are now making a last minute trip in July and I am going to have to call for another letter as mine expires in June, too.

I might mention that I had not problem carrying the letter around with me in my bag, it was easier to put my hands on than a card.

RweTHEREyet said:
I ordered mine in May, got the letter and used it in May and again on our June trip, and it is truly, dog-eared. We are now making a last minute trip in July and I am going to have to call for another letter as mine expires in June, too.

I might mention that I had not problem carrying the letter around with me in my bag, it was easier to put my hands on than a card.

We ordered early on during the rush, so our card too a while to get here. However, when I needed a new letter because mine was expiring, they were very helpful. So call them and I am sure they will take care of you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter