Four Brits hit the World in August! I'm home!

DisneyJo

Missing my tags!
Finally after much nagging from certain other DISsers (you know who you are :rotfl2: ) I’ve succumbed to the pressure and started my pre trippie :yay:

Well let’s introduce the cast,

Me, Jo a 34 year old stay at home Mum, addicted to the DIS boards and particularly TR’s

DH, David 35, a Golf Professional who works long hours to pay for our WDW holidays! He was surprised by how much he enjoyed our 2005 trip, his first time, as he thought he’d hate the place! Lucky for me he agreed to go back :yay:

DD, Jessica aged 11, can’t understand my obsession with the DIS boards and thinks I’m mad chatting with all you guys :laughing: She loves Eeyore and really wants to go on Tower of Terror this year.

DD, Ellie aged 9, a chatter box with a lovely smile she comes across brave but won’t go near a rollercoaster :confused3 Her favourite is Piglet.

Well that’s us and you probably realise that we live in England and 2 years ago we looked like the photo to the left (before I changed it to a loo roll holder :lmao:). The girls are a bit taller now, DH has a bit less hair and I have a few more wrinkles :rotfl2:

My obsession with Disney is all thanks to my Dad, I first visited Florida at the age of 9 when it was really rare for the English to go there, I can remember the Americans just wanting to talk to us to hear our accents :rotfl2: Next trip was aged 14 we had just finished building our new house and had moved in but were saving up for Carpets. Well Dad came home one day saying he’d spent all the carpet money on a trip to Disney, my Dsis Emma and I were :yay: Mum was :mad: :lmao: Two more trips followed one of which we stayed at the GF for 3 days in the first year it opened, wow those carpets were thick :laughing: It’s really strange the things you remember like the parade tunes and being able to dash from the MK fireworks to the Epcot illuminations via the monorail so you could watch both every night! Whilst in Florida we stayed at Clearwater, visited friends in St Augustine 3 times staying in there condo on the beach and we also played quite a bit of golf staying at Greenleaf twice. I know what were we thinking leaving the parks :scared1: :laughing: In our 4 trips we also had 2 car crashes one of which was a hit and run in Clearwater by a drugs dealer :scared1: Funny thing was my dad has the nickname Sooty (there is an English puppet with the same surname as his!) and the nickname of the dealer was Blackie so Blackie hit Sooty :lmao: This is why DH is not too keen to drive, luckily the WDW transport is good! So basically having a Disney upbringing I wanted the same for my children, I also wanted them to be old enough to cope with the 9 hour flight and long days. We only live about 2 hours from DLRP but I just knew it wouldn’t be the same and wanted to save that first moment seeing the castle for Florida KWIM? So off we went in 2005 and luckily everyone loved it and wanted to return, gone were any more holidays like the last 2 previous summers spent lazing on a beach in St Lucia, I really don’t think I could do nothing for a fortnight again! I know I’m rambling sorry, but as you may imagine WDW holidays from England don’t come cheap so we had to wait 2 years to return :sad: but wow has that come round quick :yay:

Well now for the plans, last July I searched all the holiday brochures looking at all the hotels, I knew we wanted a moderate. We had stayed at POR in 2005 and absolutely loved it but wanted to try somewhere else this time, we finally decided on CSR as I read tons of good reviews and the pool looked great. So CSR for 2 weeks with ultimate tickets leaving on 11th August 2007 flying Virgin Atlantic was booked :banana:

During the Summer we got Broadband and my life changed forever, I found the DIS :rotfl: This was also the summer we went and stayed in Scotland for a week in a caravan :thumbsup2

So has anyone spotted what my first change was? :lmao:

Next bit!

Stalking Disser's

First Itinerary

Birthdays

My first purchase

Some memories

Money

2 updates!

Tags

Tags personalised by DLMama

My Final Itinerary

New Camera

Planning Spreadsheet

Day 1 Plans

Day 2 Plans

Photo's from my cousins wedding, not TR related I know :rotfl2:

Any Tips?

Day 3

Taxi or Hotel?

Our accents or not!!!

How to get to the shops?

My Bargain Purchase

I won!!!!!!

A very important purchase ;)

Tickets are here!

Blackie hit Sooty

Well you had me at that:lmao: yes I'm British too, but you know that anyway Jo. can't spot a change yet, but it might come to me later. You will love CSR, yes its a little spread out, but certainly not unmanageable and it has a nice relaxed atmosphere, the girls will love the pool and slide.
Sadly our trips will not overlap, but its a great time of year to go, I did mid August last year and found it while hot, not too busy at all. So you're all set, can't wait to hear all your plans, and which yummy ADRs you've gone for.
take care xx

Well, it's about time!! :lmao: I can stop nagging now....

I better go read it now or I'll be charged with shenanigans!!! :rolleyes1

Finally after much nagging from certain other DISsers (you know who you are :rotfl2: ) I’ve succumbed to the pressure and started my pre trippie :yay:

Yeah, LL sure was pushy!! :rotfl2:

Funny thing was my dad has the nickname Sooty (there is an English puppet with the same surname as his!) and the nickname of the dealer was Blackie so Blackie hit Sooty :lmao:

OMG!! That's funny... well no, it's not, but yes, it is.....:laughing:

So off we went in 2005 and luckily everyone loved it and wanted to return, gone were any more holidays like the last 2 previous summers spent lazing on a beach in St Lucia, I really don’t think I could do nothing for a fortnight again!
:scared1: I can't imagine......:sad2:

Oh, oh!!! I know... I know... pick me... pick me!!!!

Your change was your dates... from the 11th to the 12th to score free dining, right??? Am I right???? :hyper:

Jo, I see the pressure finally got to you and we all WON!!! I'm glad you started your pre-trip:) Now there will be mayhem all over the TR boards! Can't wait to read how your planning is coming and all of the changes you've made and WILL make? ;)

:goodvibes

Whooo hooo I've got readers :cool1:

You will love CSR, yes its a little spread out, but certainly not unmanageable and it has a nice relaxed atmosphere, the girls will love the pool and slide.
Sadly our trips will not overlap, but its a great time of year to go
Hi Claire, I'm hoping the girls will love the pool it looks great! We leave on the 27th are you there by then :confused3

Hi there DisneyJo!! Jumping on board early - this is going to be good! :thumbsup2
Hi Brenda, I can't promise it will be good or that I talk as much as you but I'll try :rotfl2:

Yeah, LL sure was pushy!! :rotfl2:
I know Tracy it was all LL wasn't it ;) nothing to do with you at all :rotfl2: At least this should finally get you all off my backs :lmao:

Oh, oh!!! I know... I know... pick me... pick me!!!!

Your change was your dates... from the 11th to the 12th to score free dining, right??? Am I right???? :hyper:
Nearly right won't tell you yet though :thumbsup2

I'm in too! Can't wait for more. Funny, I can barely hear your accent here!:lmao:
I'll have to use a few more whilst's then :lmao:

Jo, I see the pressure finally got to you and we all WON!!! I'm glad you started your pre-trip:) Now there will be mayhem all over the TR boards! Can't wait to read how your planning is coming and all of the changes you've made and WILL make? ;)

:goodvibes
I'm no V with all my ADR changes or am I :rotfl: Glad to have you onboard!

Hi Brenda, I can't promise it will be good or that I talk as much as you but I'll try :rotfl2:

Of course it will be good - I've read some of your other posts! :thumbsup2

And as for talking as much as I do...try drinking lots and lots of coffee right before you sit down to DIS. I find that it makes a huge difference!! :lmao:

And as for talking as much as I do...try drinking lots and lots of coffee right before you sit down to DIS. I find that it makes a huge difference!! :lmao:

Hey, I am a detail kinda gal so, bring it on!!!

PS--Dont forget this!!! ;)

IMG4.jpg

:rotfl2: :lmao:

Here I am!!! You dragged me over here kicking and screaming! Boy oh boy I can't wait to read the rest of your pre-trippie!

Watch out Disney World...the British are coming...the British are coming AGAIN!

Brtish_crier.gif

Duh! You're right, I'm wrong, I arrive on the 23rd with Angel659, theres hope yet:goodvibes

now that you have FINALLY started a PTR, I will demote you to the "slightly naughty" list. ;)

Here I am!!! You dragged me over here kicking and screaming! Boy oh boy I can't wait to read the rest of your pre-trippie!

Watch out Disney World...the British are coming...the British are coming AGAIN!

Brtish_crier.gif
DM your Smilies just get better and better :thumbsup2 Are you supplying the snacks for my TR? :rotfl2:

Duh! You're right, I'm wrong, I arrive on the 23rd with Angel659, theres hope yet:goodvibes
Oooh we're having a big Dis meet on Saturday 25th on the beach by the Poly all welcome :goodvibes

Hey, C'mon over!! The more the merrier!! :woohoo:
I can't believe you bought that photo over here :rotfl:

now that you have FINALLY started a PTR, I will demote you to the "slightly naughty" list. ;)
So is Tracy still on the naughty list :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

Tracy is the naughty list. It has been renamed to the Tracy list! LY/MI :love:

So is Tracy still on the naughty list :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:
Hey!! Don't try to throw me back on the naughty list. :rolleyes: I was removed by default.... S'late couldn't remember why she put me there! :snooty:
Tracy is the naughty list. It has been renamed to the Tracy list! LY/MI :love:

Well, I'll stay, if I must..... Just don't put in Jo's mobile/static/motel6/caravan thingy!!! :lmao:

Jo,
Since I will be there right before you, I will make sure everything is up and running smoothly for you!! :thumbsup2

Jo,
Since I will be there right before you, I will make sure everything is up and running smoothly for you!! :thumbsup2
:thumbsup2 are you on the list to adopt a croc? I know there are spaces for August and you must join TFW too!

Well now for the plans, last July I searched all the holiday brochures looking at all the hotels, I knew we wanted a moderate. We had stayed at POR in 2005 and absolutely loved it but wanted to try somewhere else this time, we finally decided on CSR as I read tons of good reviews and the pool looked great. So CSR for 2 weeks with ultimate tickets leaving on 11th August 2007 flying Virgin Atlantic was booked :banana:

:thumbsup2 are you on the list to adopt a croc? I know there are spaces for August and you must join TFW too!

Yaaaa :cheer2: Jo good for you! :rolleyes1 I only begged ya once!
I look forward to more popcorn:: Shall I bring snacks???? popcorn:: Hey, whats the croc exchange....you're not sharing shoes are you?? :confused3
Is the change where you are staying??? CSR??? :rolleyes: Just a guess!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter