FREAP CHAT Part 2 ~ Everyone Welcome to our new digs

Status
Not open for further replies.
IAHD-I had tears streaming down my face I was laughing so hard at the bathroom story.:rotfl2: All of those things have happened to me at one time or another, but luckily, not ALL at the same time.

I'm in a state of exhaustion again today.:sad2: I worked Tuesday night until 3 am, got in bed about 4 am and then had to get up with the kids around 7ish. Then, naturally, DS DID NOT take a nap yesterday afternoon:headache: and I had to be back at work at 7 last night. I did get lucky and got off at 11 pm but I was so hopped up on caffeine that I got almost no sleep again last night(even after a big beer when I got home:drinking1 ). You know how it is when your heart is pounding and you just toss and turn? That was me, and then of course I had to get up and pee twice after all the coffee and beer. Luckily the seat was dry AND I had plenty toilet paper.:lmao: I did manage to get some gardening done but have been loafing ever since.:surfweb: Tired though I am, I am going to fix us a yummy supper. I'm making the honey sesame chicken from the WDW recipe thread. I've made it before and it is sooo good. We'll also have some stir fried veggies and fried rice to go with it. Yummmmm. And then tomorrow we are off to the state fair and to the Bass Pro Shop to pick up our new tent.:banana: Hope all the Freaps have a great weekend!:grouphug:

So I have to share my grocery savings with you....

I just "ran" to the store to do some back to school grocery shopping ~ you know without the kids so they don't see the mini pack, the juice boxes, etc. so you can hide them BEFORE they are seen and devoured like a stranded mans 1st site of food in months BEFORE school even starts. Now keep in mind I did buy some meat for supper tonight ($16.00). I got (6) juice boxes, (3) snack packs, (2) pkgs hot dogs, (2) pkgs sliced cheese, (9) boxes granola bars, (2) boxes of cereal, (6) boxes of tissues to bring in for the classroom, (2) large containers of crystal light, (2) bottles of minute maid lemonade, (4) lean cuisines for lunch, (2) boxes of wheat thins, and more...the cart was FULL! My bill totaled $171.99 and I spent $71.10....thats right baby, I only spent $71.10 for everything!!!

Love it. DH used shake his head at me cutting coupons. But now he is doing it.

Ahhh, you gotta love coupons! Especially the ones for FREE items!

The other day I was also doing some shopping w/o the kiddies, for the same reason, and I saw an obviously very, very poor couple with a little girl. They seemed to be shopping in the same pattern that I was and I noticed they had gotten cheese slices, hot dogs, etc. but while I was getting the name brands they were getting the cheapest store brand they could get....:guilty: They were also using a calculator and were trying to decided what they could afford to buy and what they might be able to get by without....I felt so compelled to help them! I don't usually talk to strangers (except you guys :lmao: ), but I had to! I showed them my coupons for the free kraft items and even took her up to the magazine rack to show her which magazine to buy. Free coupons are worth sharing! They actually looked a little stunned... I wasn't sure if it was the fact that some stranger started giving them shopping advice or if they just thought I was out and out kooky! But oh well....:flower3: I felt like I'd done my good deed for the day!

That is so sad. Good for you though. I hate seeing people like that. In America you wouldnt think we have "poor" or "working poor". Its terrible.

The other day I was also doing some shopping w/o the kiddies, for the same reason, and I saw an obviously very, very poor couple with a little girl. They seemed to be shopping in the same pattern that I was and I noticed they had gotten cheese slices, hot dogs, etc. but while I was getting the name brands they were getting the cheapest store brand they could get....:guilty: They were also using a calculator and were trying to decided what they could afford to buy and what they might be able to get by without....I felt so compelled to help them! I don't usually talk to strangers (except you guys :lmao: ), but I had to! I showed them my coupons for the free kraft items and even took her up to the magazine rack to show her which magazine to buy. Free coupons are worth sharing! They actually looked a little stunned... I wasn't sure if it was the fact that some stranger started giving them shopping advice or if they just thought I was out and out kooky! But oh well....:flower3: I felt like I'd done my good deed for the day!

That is great :love: I have been getting free paper towels, napkins, and tissues for the last 2 weeks (about 100 items!) and whenever I saw someone else standing there with that "Hmmm, which ones should I get" look I pointed out the coupon box and said get x amount of those and the same amount of coupons and they will all be free :cool1: More than 1 person was like "gee thanks!" :goodvibes I was lucky enough to get 3 of the All You magazines (1 delivered subscription and I picked up another 2). Our grocery store right now is running a 1 point for every $5 you spend on Kraft items and that is BEFORE coupons so I got credit for ALL the free items. When you get 20 points you get a free $25 gift card (for any store - home depot, gas cards, restaurants, etc). I have 2 free gift cards coming and 1 more that I'm 1/2 way there to and because of the "free" item Q's I've spent very little OOP.

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: What is up with the paper products? I'm not aware of what you are referring to!!!!! AHHHHH I'm having a panic attack! I haven't gotten any of them for free! Fill me in PLEASE!

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: What is up with the paper products? I'm not aware of what you are referring to!!!!! AHHHHH I'm having a panic attack! I haven't gotten any of them for free! Fill me in PLEASE!

We have a store around here by the name of Shaws - it is part of Hannaford I think. Anyway, there own brand of paper products is HomeLife. They put out a coupon in the stores in little cardboard boxes for $1.00 off any HomeLife brand paper product. They include paper towels, plates, tissues, coffee filters, napkins, cups, wax paper, parchment paper, paper lunch bags, I think thats most of them. Some of the products are normally $.99 so they are free after the coupon. My DH grabbed a HUGE stack of the coupons so I have spread the wealth through the family, traded some for other coupons, and bought oodles of stuff as well. I stocked up on tissues for the kids to bring to school, paper towels for the house, and napkins. I am waiting for the others to be close to $1 so I'm not paying OOP too much.

ooooohhhhh! Now I'm jealous! That's a super deal! All of those things are neccessary and nonperishable! I'd have an entire garage full!!!!!

Maybe it's better I don't have that store around here! :rotfl:

That was a very kind thing for you to do. It is sad that we live in a world that this is going on.

When you have to visit a public bathroom, you usually find a line of women, so you smile politely and take your place. Once it's your turn, you check for feet under the stall doors. Every stall is occupied.

Finally, a door opens and you dash in, nearly knocking down the woman leaving the stall.
You get in to find the door won't latch. It doesn't matter, the wait has been so long you are about to wet your pants! The dispenser for the modern 'seat covers' (invented by someone's Mom, no doubt) is handy, but empty. You would hang your purse on the door hook, if there was one, but there isn't - so you carefully, but quickly drape it around your neck, (Mom would turn over in her grave if you put it on the FLOOR! ), yank down your pants, and assume ' The Stance.'

In this position your aging, toneless thigh muscles begin to shake. You'd love to sit down, but you certainly hadn't taken time to wipe the seat or lay toilet paper on it, so you hold 'The Stance.'

To take your mind off your trembling thighs, you reach for what you discover to be the empty toilet paper dispenser. In your mind, you can hear your mother's voice saying, 'Honey, if you had tried to clean the seat, you would have KNOWN there was no toilet paper!' Your thighs shake more.

You remember the tiny tissue that you blew your nose on yesterday - the one that's still in your purse. (Oh yeah, the purse around your neck, that now, you have to hold up trying not to strangle yourself at the same time). That would have to do. You crumple it in the puffiest way possible. It's still smaller than your thumbnail

Someone pushes your door open because the latch doesn't work. The door hits your purse, which is hanging around your neck in front of your chest, and you and your purse topple backward against the tank of the toilet. 'Occupied!' you scream, as you reach for the door, dropping your precious, tiny, crumpled tissue in a puddle on the floor, lose your footing altogether, and slide down directly onto the TOILET SEAT .. It is wet of course. You bolt up, knowing all too well that it's too late. Your bare bottom has made contact with every imaginable germ and life form on the uncovered seat because YOU never laid down toilet paper - not that there was any, even if you had taken time to try. You know that your mother would be utterly appalled if she knew, because, you're certain her bare bottom never touched a public toilet seat because, frankly, dear, 'You just don't KNOW what kind of diseases you could get.'

By this time, the automatic sensor on the back of the toilet is so confused that it flushes, propelling a stream of water like a fire hose against the inside of the bowl that sprays a fine mist of water that covers your butt and runs down your legs and into your shoes. The flush somehow sucks everything down with such force that you grab onto the empty toilet paper dispenser for fear of being dragged in too.

At this point, you give up. You're soaked by the spewing water and the wet toilet seat. You're exhausted. You try to wipe with a gum wrapper you found in your pocket and then slink out inconspicuously to the sinks.

You can't figure out how to operate the faucets with the automatic sensors, so you wipe your hands with spit and a dry paper towel and walk past the line of women still waiting.

You are no longer able to smile politely to them. A kind soul at the very end of the line points out a piece of toilet paper trailing from your shoe. (Where was that when you NEEDED it??) You yank the paper from your shoe, plunk it in the woman's hand and tell her warmly, 'Here, you just might need this.'

As you exit, you spot your hubby, who has long since entered, used, and left the men's restroom. Annoyed, he asks, 'What took you so long, and why is your purse hanging around your neck?'

This is dedicated to women everywhere who deal with a public restrooms (rest??? you've GOT to be kidding!!). It finally explains to the men what really does take us so long. It also answers their other commonly asked questions about why women go to the restroom in pairs. It's so the other gal can hold the door, hang onto your purse and hand you Kleenex under the door!

This HAD to be written by a woman! No one else could describe it so accurately!

I am crying :rotfl:

IAHD- I must have missed those co's! Lucky you!! I must say the Home Life paper products are pretty good. Stay away from the trash bags, though. I tried them out because I liked the paper towels, and I was a living commercial with my bag of trash....RIIIIP!! :scared:

So after hee-hawing around about booking a vacation at the first of September (yes, as in like 2 weeks away). We finally did it today. We aren't going to the Caribbean as we talked about, no Charleston and Savannah, no China, we are going to the place that tied the two of us forever, Walt Disney World!!

We haven't been since we got married there on the Boardwalk in 2006. I know, im a little spur of the moment for some people. But when your middle name is Go... all you want to do.... is GO!

So we will be there for 4 full days and nights. I need help! Im asking my freaps only because... well... they have good taste!

We are on the dining plan and I need to make Dining reservations ASAP (heck, there may not be any place left now).

So tell me.... where do I need to dine??

I really want to try Le Cellier.. so ill try and get reservations there for one night. Any other advice?

Im running low on time... so freaps- all your help is so greatly appreciated! I'll also play Fairy Godmailer for anyone who wants... just as a token of my appreciation to all the great bargainers here!!:worship:

Adios my freaps! Heading to the World Sunday morning @ 4:30am!!! I posted this on the freebie thread (had to add a JD pic for all the freaps before I left!) anyway- will be back Friday but we will head right back out to the shore for Labor Day weekend- wont be back here until the Tuesday after Labor Day!

Bye everyone- miss you! :grouphug:

Maggie- yay! Glad you booked your trip! Have fun!!!! How about trying the Flying Fish- that always looked so nice! You probably already ate there during your wedding trip!

So after hee-hawing around about booking a vacation at the first of September (yes, as in like 2 weeks away). We finally did it today. We aren't going to the Caribbean as we talked about, no Charleston and Savannah, no China, we are going to the place that tied the two of us forever, Walt Disney World!!

We haven't been since we got married there on the Boardwalk in 2006. I know, im a little spur of the moment for some people. But when your middle name is Go... all you want to do.... is GO!

So we will be there for 4 full days and nights. I need help! Im asking my freaps only because... well... they have good taste!

We are on the dining plan and I need to make Dining reservations ASAP (heck, there may not be any place left now).

So tell me.... where do I need to dine??

I really want to try Le Cellier.. so ill try and get reservations there for one night. Any other advice?

Im running low on time... so freaps- all your help is so greatly appreciated! I'll also play Fairy Godmailer for anyone who wants... just as a token of my appreciation to all the great bargainers here!!:worship:

Dh and I always go to Cal. Grill. But I bet it is booked.It will not hurt to try.

Adios my freaps! Heading to the World Sunday morning @ 4:30am!!! I posted this on the freebie thread (had to add a JD pic for all the freaps before I left!) anyway- will be back Friday but we will head right back out to the shore for Labor Day weekend- wont be back here until the Tuesday after Labor Day!

Bye everyone- miss you! :grouphug:

Maggie- yay! Glad you booked your trip! Have fun!!!! How about trying the Flying Fish- that always looked so nice! You probably already ate there during your wedding trip!

Bye Madd. Have fun and we will miss you. :hug:

MT
I got a fun box in the mail today. Thank _you. I now have lots to read and do. I am going to hide the jam from DH and DD:rolleyes1
I love the flags.

Maggimus-
If you haven't eaten in Morocco, I would recommend it. The food, servers (are they CMs in the World Showcase?) and entertainment are always a treat. The place is good because, while I have eaten there twice with my kids, it tends to attract couples or adults (I'm thinking 'cause of the bellydancer :confused3 ). Have you tried any of the places in the Dolphin? I have heard great reviews about them (esp BlueZoo). I second Madd's idea about Flying Fish- very great experience. Let us know how your ADR's end up. :flower3:

Hi, all! Happy Birthday Theresa!! :wizard:

I am glad you got the box, Kellie. I tried to fill it with fun stuff to help keep you busy for a few days! ;) Let me know if you are successful in hiding that jam! :rotfl2: I thought you could hang those flags proudly!

Safe and happy travels to all those who are on the move this week. We want pictures!! :rotfl:

I can't help with the WDW restaurants. We have been going to WDW for years but we have only just started to delve into staying and eating on-site in the past year. I look forwarding to seeing the restaurant recommendations the rest of you post, though.

DH has gone :crazy: trying to get the last of the big, outdoor summer projects done before both the boys head back to school this week. We are all exhausted! :laughing: They have been replacing fences this weekend and I have been doing lots of cooking and clean in the kitchen. When they spend all day out in the sun doing the bigger jobs, I like to try to make sure they have a big lunch and plenty of fluids to keep them going the rest of the afternoon. I can't wait for school to start! :cheer2:

Hope everyone is doing well....have a good week next week! :goodvibes

Thanks for the birthday wishes mtblujeans. I am getting ready for school. Tomorrow is my first day of college. I was thinking today that maybe I was alittle to old but my DD said mom you are never to old to try something new. Kids they are wonderful treasures right when you need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter