FREAP CHAT Part 2 ~ Everyone Welcome to our new digs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the birthday wishes mtblujeans. I am getting ready for school. Tomorrow is my first day of college. I was thinking today that maybe I was alittle to old but my DD said mom you are never to old to try something new. Kids they are wonderful treasures right when you need them.
Theresa- Way to go with starting college!! :thumbsup2 You are doing the rest of us freaps proud! :woohoo:

Hi Freaps! We've been busy, busy, busy all weekend. We did make it to the state fair on Friday and had a great time in spite of the heat. At least it wasn't crowded though. After that we cruised across the river to Indiana to hit the big Bass Pro Shop to pick up a new tent. Man that place is redneck paradise!:rotfl2: I could have spent days in there. They even had a restaurant AND a Starbucks.:scared1: We did get our new tent and set it up in the yard today. compared to our old one, this one is HUGE. I can't wait to take it to the beach at the end of September.:banana: We also did something that I have never fallen for in all my years of travelling. The Bass Pro Shop had a "travel center" set up and of course the guy hollered us over to tell us that we could get 2 $25 gift cards AND a 2 night stay at a resort in our choice of places for $59. The only catch is listening to a timeshare presentation.:sad2: So, here we were thinking "WOW! Two gift cards to go towards our tent and a weekend getaway this winter so we signed up. After we had signed we find out that we don't get the gift cards until AFTER we do the presentation.:headache: Then I was reading the fine print and it says that if we wait to book our trip after 30 days we will be charged an additional $50. So I booked us for the Smokey Mountains at Christmas time today. It will be fun seeing all the lights and eating at Smokey Mt. Brewery.:drinking1 As for the timeshare spiel, I'm not too worried. I know how to say no quite effectively(I do have two kids under 5:lmao: ). And, as long as DVC exists, none of these other companies would ever be considered. If and when we ever get money to do something like that, there is a dvc contract with my name on it.:rotfl2:

Maggi- I hope you find some good restaurants but you are going while free dining is going on.:sad2: I'd try resorts or DTD locations. A few you could check out are The Wave at the Contemporary or one of the signature restaurants that use 2 credits like Jiko at AKL or Narcoosees at the GF. Raglan Road at DTD is also on my short list to try. Since you won't be travelling with kids you can try for later times as well.:confused3 Good luck!

So after hee-hawing around about booking a vacation at the first of September (yes, as in like 2 weeks away). We finally did it today. We aren't going to the Caribbean as we talked about, no Charleston and Savannah, no China, we are going to the place that tied the two of us forever, Walt Disney World!!

We haven't been since we got married there on the Boardwalk in 2006. I know, im a little spur of the moment for some people. But when your middle name is Go... all you want to do.... is GO!

So we will be there for 4 full days and nights. I need help! Im asking my freaps only because... well... they have good taste!

We are on the dining plan and I need to make Dining reservations ASAP (heck, there may not be any place left now).

So tell me.... where do I need to dine??

I really want to try Le Cellier.. so ill try and get reservations there for one night. Any other advice?

Im running low on time... so freaps- all your help is so greatly appreciated! I'll also play Fairy Godmailer for anyone who wants... just as a token of my appreciation to all the great bargainers here!!:worship:

In the park or out???
When we went we enjoyed....
* dinner in the castle - breakfast was IMO just okay but it was more about the princess interaction than the food.
* Crystal Palace - loved getting into MK earlier than everyone else & great variety of breakfast foods from waffles, eggs, fresh fruit, you name it.
* Liberty Tree Tavern - late lunch instead of dinner with characters. We ate here on our honeymoon so its a must for us. We enjoy the traditional turkey dinner and they have a to die for (at least they did, not sure if they still do) caramel dessert.
* Whispering Canyon Cafe - fun environement and if you like ribs, chicken, sausage, beans, corn on the cob, and awesome corn bread, the all you can eat skillet is very good. Beware you do NOT want to ask for ketchup ;) :laughing:
Counter Service
* We enjoyed Englands fish & chips - to go not the sit down restaurant (counter service)
* Cosmic Rays - they have the toppings bar & they had the chicken combo thing that was enough for 2
* DTD Earl of Sandwich - we even went here before we left to use up the remainder of our credits to bring sandwiches home to eat on the way back (we drove)

Have fun!!! We aren't going back till next fall (if I can convince DH) :guilty:

Thanks for the birthday wishes mtblujeans. I am getting ready for school. Tomorrow is my first day of college. I was thinking today that maybe I was alittle to old but my DD said mom you are never to old to try something new. Kids they are wonderful treasures right when you need them.

Happy Birthday.
Enjoy school and you are never to old.
My DB who is a year older than me was getting ready to leave for college and was not so sure he made the right choose. My Dad told him he would love it and to go for it. He finally made a bet with my brother that he would get a another college degree with him. So my dad at age 55 went back to school nights and recieved his new degree a year early.

If this picture doesn't tell you how Michael feels about playing football, I don't know what would :goodvibes This was a candid shot I got yesterday at his opening day scrimmage ~ it wasn't planned or setup, I just got a great shot (IMO).

ry3D320.jpg

College update. I love my anthropology Class. I made the right choice. Thanks for all the support. I will check back in later this afternoon.

Maggie this is for you..
TN_Mickey-Minnie-Donald-Birthday-p.jpg

Thanks Theresa-- happy belated birthday to you as well!!

Ive been so busy lately!! Im exhausted from running around today with a family member. Hope everyone is well!

First off,

bday.gif

(belated that is) Theresa and Maggi!

Also to Theresa, Congrats on going back to college! That is super and something you should be very proud of!
wtg.gif

I'm glad all of us Florida Freaps made it out okay from Fay! We didn't get a whole lot here, but now I am keeping a very sharp eye on Gustov! It has blown up VERY quickly and those make me nervous!

I saw on the Freebie board that JD is in Florida. I hope he makes an appearance at WDW and Madd sees him. That would be the coolest vacation ever if I saw him there!

DD and I have a playdate at the beach today so I guess I'll catch up more with ya'll later on today! Have a great day everyone!

Good luck with school and Happy Belated Birthday to those celebrating....and for those not, Happy Unbirthday to you :goodvibes

I just made reservations for a night away for the middle of September...nothing spectacular but taking the kiddos to the White Mtns and Storyland for a night/day. We're gonna try here http://www.redjacketresorts.com/red_jacket_mountain_view/ for the day we get there so we have something to do and then do Storyland the next day. I just hope we have good weather that day!

Good luck with school and Happy Belated Birthday to those celebrating....and for those not, Happy Unbirthday to you :goodvibes

I just made reservations for a night away for the middle of September...nothing spectacular but taking the kiddos to the White Mtns and Storyland for a night/day. We're gonna try here http://www.redjacketresorts.com/red_jacket_mountain_view/ for the day we get there so we have something to do and then do Storyland the next day. I just hope we have good weather that day!

So you have something soon to look forward too and it sounds like it will be FUN! BTW, your DS's football pic was adorable, heh hmmm, I mean he looked handsome! (don't tell him I said adorable, you know how those football players can be!) ;) :rotfl:

Okay, anybody else here not having any fun on the Freebie thread this week or is it just me? I thought the "issue" was behind us. And thats all I will say...:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

So you have something soon to look forward too and it sounds like it will be FUN! BTW, your DS's football pic was adorable, heh hmmm, I mean he looked handsome! (don't tell him I said adorable, you know how those football players can be!) ;) :rotfl:

Okay, anybody else here not having any fun on the Freebie thread this week or is it just me? I thought the "issue" was behind us. And thats all I will say...:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

Oh My God!

As if real life isn't stressful enough...

Oh yes, but I have
Biggirpanties.gif

Oh yes, but I have
Biggirpanties.gif

I love you "Big Girl Panties" Smiley! Where did you find that!!!!! My girlfriend and I have been using that phase forever. She was the only college student I knew who wore "Grannie" panties and she always called them her big girl panties. I also joked that no one would ever date her in those an now she's married!!! LOL!

So now I buy her anything that refers to her big girl panties. :rotfl2:

:mad: OMG! Why is it that whenever things calm down someone comes along who can't keep their big yap shut and just leave us alone! We just want to freap in peace...it's that simple! :mad:

And I'm not trying to be mean...it's just so frustrating!

Oh, and now that I've vented~ Wouldn't it be great to get ORIGINAL PICS OF JD! I'm not sure that Madd would make it through without having a heart attack or throwing her back out again trying to tackle him! But then again maybe someone would catch that on camera for us to see! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:mad: OMG! Why is it that whenever things calm down someone comes along who can't keep their big yap shut and just leave us alone! We just want to freap in peace...it's that simple! :mad:

And I'm not trying to be mean...it's just so frustrating!
:thumbsup2

Oh, and now that I've vented~ Wouldn't it be great to get ORIGINAL PICS OF JD! I'm not sure that Madd would make it through without having a heart attack or throwing her back out again trying to tackle him! But then again maybe someone would catch that on camera for us to see! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Seeing that on film would be the best freebie:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter