FREAP CHAT Part 2 ~ Everyone Welcome to our new digs

Status
Not open for further replies.
MT I will show you guys how my paintings turn out. But just so you know I will most likely have taking a pain pill or 2 before I painted.:rotfl2: DH and I have so much fun at Disney without kids.
If you get a chance can you post a few photos of your view, John would love to see what you get to look at all the time.

Theresa! Anthropology sounds sooooo interesting! We have a gold mine of bones in Montana, 'ya know! :thumbsup2 :lmao:

ETA: I, TOO, STOLE THE BIG GIRL UNDERWEAR SMILIE! :cool2:[/QUOTE]

Well I just might have to make a trip out that way soon. Todays classes were awesome and I am so glad that I did follow through with going. Sounds like you have had your hands full today. I am sure you could use a nice big adult slushie.

Tink We have missed you over here....

Wow Susan! I don't even know where to begin with you! It sounds like you really have your gigantic plate full this week!

Maybe if Madd checks in for just a second she will know about JD and bring you back a Tink!

I love the idea of painting the quilt on your barn, it will be gorgeous! And we expect pics, of course!

Happy :laundy: :laundy: :laundy: !

Oh freaps, what a drama over there. :confused3 Now they're preaching and quoting MLK? Someone needs to post a quill dude freebie to distract them .....

Oh freaps, what a drama over there. :confused3 Now they're preaching and quoting MLK? Someone needs to post a quill dude freebie to distract them .....

I am just not saying anything over there. I am bond to get in trouble if I do

I had to come here first just to keep myself out of trouble Freaps.:headache: Why oh why can't they just let it drop? It seems to me that we had reached a compromise and could have two threads going as long as no one raised a fuss.:confused3 As for the MLK,Jr. thing I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about equal access to SoyJoys and free tampons.:rotfl2:

Susan-sounds like you're having a busy week. I didn't even know you had a grandson. As for the quilt on the barn, those are really common around here. We have a neighbor down the road that has a spotlight on his at night and it looks so cool. Have you picked a design?

Goodnight everyone! I made a delicious zucchini alfredo for dinner and so I'm off to bed! See you tomorrow!

Ok, it's 'country in Montana' photo time. No thrills here....just lots of dirt.

This photo is the eastern view from my back door: The Rockies

East2.jpg

This photo is the north eastern view from my back door: The Rockies and my farming neighbors

East.jpg

This photo is a lame highlight/explanation that some of the view in the previous photo is the mountains in Glacier National Park (ie lame black arrow)

EastGP.jpg

This photo is the west view from my front door (actually, my front window ie the funny spots). It has been unusually rainy this week and that side of the house still has dark rain clouds hanging over:

West2.jpg

This is a photo of the hay storage building DH and sons have been building. That middle section of siding is 8' tall x 12' wide and I will (try to) paint the 8' x 8' barn quilt there.

8x8side.jpg

This is a photo of the north side of the hay storage building that I will (try to) paint a 4' x 4' barn quilt there.

4x4side.jpg

This is a photo of one of the small wind protections DH has built in the past. I painted a 4H clover on there, years ago, and that is as big a project as I have ever done.

4HBldg.jpg

Painting barn quilts of the size I want to has been a dream of mine and it is going to be quite the challenge. I have picked out the patterns for each size and I found them online. DH thinks it is too late in the year to get both of them finished and he might be right. Our days are growing shorter, it is getting dark much earlier, and we are having cool nights and dewy mornings. We'll see....

:love: Love the pictures!!! If you look out my windows your looking in the neighbors :eek: :scared1: Well, not quite but no wide open spaces here. I LOVE the countryside and other than the butt breakin work, would have loved growing up on a farm :rotfl:

:love: Love the pictures!!! If you look out my windows your looking in the neighbors :eek: :scared1: Well, not quite but no wide open spaces here. I LOVE the countryside and other than the butt breakin work, would have loved growing up on a farm :rotfl:
I have to say that I do have some close neighbors and I usually edit out their property when I post. There are 3 homes, here, on a property that used to be one (approx) 70 acre farm. If we could buy them out and have the whole parcel we would be thrilled but we can't manage that financially. This area has been "discovered" and things have gone crazy around here. :headache:

DH loves this area because of the mountain views. He is also a skier and there is a huge ski resort just north of us. He was raised on a farm in the midwest and he thrives on working outside. I am the opposite of him, actually. :laughing:

I don't ski. I can't do the hard manual stuff outside any more. But the view is really nice. :thumbsup2

Susan-sounds like you're having a busy week. I didn't even know you had a grandson. As for the quilt on the barn, those are really common around here. We have a neighbor down the road that has a spotlight on his at night and it looks so cool. Have you picked a design?
I have seen the best looking art work on midwestern and east coast barns online. I'll bet your neighbor has a beautiful design on his! :banana:

This one will be the big one:

EasternStarBarnQuilt8X8.jpg

And this one will be the small one:

HopeofHartfordBarnQuilt4X4.jpg

I love reds in quilts but the buildings will be red so I had to stay away from that color this time.

Goodnight everyone! I made a delicious zucchini alfredo for dinner and so I'm off to bed! See you tomorrow!
YUM! That sounds so good! I guess I better start heading toward bed, too. Good night all....take care!

I was just stopping by and saw those amazing photos; I had to comment. What beautiful landscape to wake up to!!! :flower3:

Susan-I love the designs and hope you get enough good weather to get them done before winter.:thumbsup2 And, if you don't quit posting Montana photos, I may just show up on your doorstep one day.:lmao: I love the Rockies and can't imagine looking out from my own property and seeing them EVERY day! I am so jealous. Our property is beautiful as well but in a totally different way.:hippie: Which reminds me that I keep planning to post some garden pics. Unfortunately, I just went looking for the camera to download photos but I think we left in in the car and it's raining right now.:sad2: I'll try later though.

hadleysun-how did you make your zucchini fettucine? Sounds good and I still have tons of zucchini.

Good Morning all!

Susan, :love: LOVE the pics, how lucky you are to have such beauty all around you! I have confidence that you can get your quilts done! I'm glad you explained the spots on your front window...I thought it was a UFO! :rotfl2:

The zucchini alfredo was actually very simple... The sauce was a stick of butter, a brick of light cream cheese, about a cup of skim milk, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, a little salt,pepper,garlic powder... Then I grated up about 3 zucchinis and sauteed them in a little olive oil and garlic and added it to the sauce. I served it over bowtie pasta and had sauteed up some turkey sausages for anyone who wanted meat. I'm a little on the vegetarian side, not completely, but I'm not the biggest meat fan so I tend to make dinners that can be with or without.

This was probably one of the most fattening meals I have ever made, but I tried to keep it a "light" alfredo...if there is such a thing! :laughing:

My kids also love it when I saute zucchini rounds in some olive oil w/garlic and then put some pasta sauce on them.

But my husband loves zucchini when I use a vegetable peeler to make thin ribbons and then just very briefly saute them with some garlic and/or finely diced onions. Their just barely cooked, but warm and flavorful, I tend to do this with some yellow squash mixed in.

His other favorite is when I make zucchini boats for company. Cut them in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds, fill with diced lightly sauteed veggies (I usually use carrots, onions, yellow squash and zucchini) top with a little bread crumbs mixed with a little parmesan cheese....and then just stash them in the oven until dinner time, plop one on everyones plate! Simple, but pretty and anything that I can make ahead of time is great in my eyes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter