Free Upgrade to Saratoga Springs Resort

Well, we recently bought SSR while on a trip in May. I cancelled our free dining trip the first week of September at Pop Century so that I could stay in a 1 bedroom at Old Key West during the same time period for my first trip "Home" and am paying for the dining plan out of pocket. Cost wise, the two trips are nearly identical.

I AM happy for those who got the upgrade--what a dream come true. It's just that I'm desperatly trying not to be jealous. Maybe I would have been offered the free upgrade as well and could have banked my points to have a really cool trip next year. Of course, it's just as likely not, but it makes you think. :rolleyes1

It's okay to be jealous...it's human nature. I would be too, but in the end, count your own blessings I guess as well. I got great upgrades on my children;)

I had to add...DD14 cannot stand the current Disney promo Year of a Million Dreams because it will only cause people to be jealous. I have to agree with her.

I cant let Rinkwide get the flames all alone. I have to agree with him. Being an owner at SSR I hope this doesnt become a regular thing. I dont mind anyone getting good value for hard earned money but going from AS to SSR is quite an upgrade indeed. Flame suit zipped and ready.

My only problem is that these upgrades most likely will get a room that was also a request of a Member and the Member is unable to get their request filled. That is not fair to the Member who had shells out the money to keep the resort running.

-Matt

:thumbsup2 We just got that offer like a week ago. :love: :banana: :rotfl: :cloud9: :dance3: :cheer2: :cool1: We jumped on it IMMEDIATELY!!!!! So now, instead of just getting the FREE Dining Plan we also got a FREE Upgrade to Saratoga Springs (with a nice 1 bedroom villa). Oh, I am so excited! The boatride down to Downtown Disney will be fantastic, I remember riding on that boat from Port Orleans Riverside....

You won't need to take that boat ride from SSR to DTD. It's just a short walk over to the Marketplace. And if you do choose to ride the boat, it'll take about 5 minutes to get to DTD from SSR (unless you take the long ride to DTD to SSR to OKW to SSR to DTD).

You know who I think are the ones who are going the be the maddest? The non-members who rented points from a member to stay in a studio at SSR or OKW for 5 nights when they could have rented directly from Disney/CRO and gotten a free upgrade to a one bedroom for a week.

My only problem is that these upgrades most likely will get a room that was also a request of a Member and the Member is unable to get their request filled. That is not fair to the Member who had shells out the money to keep the resort running.

-Matt

That assumes that the non-DVCers requests will be given precedence over the DVC members' requests. I'm not sure I understand why you're making that assumption?

To the OP- congrats! You will love SSR. My best advice for you is to look at the "Horsin' Around" newsletter they give you at check-in. It will list all the fun resort activities for the week, such as movies at the pool, craft classes, pool parties, trivia contests, bingo, games...

EDIT: wow - I am a dunce- the original post is a year old!

You know who I think are the ones who are going the be the maddest? The non-members who rented points from a member to stay in a studio at SSR or OKW for 5 nights when they could have rented directly from Disney/CRO and gotten a free upgrade to a one bedroom for a week.

And...the people who can't get one and are still at the values. I know someone and they are really bummed out.

I shouldn't read this on the day we may buy DVC. Not a good thread to read.

Well, we recently bought SSR while on a trip in May. I cancelled our free dining trip the first week of September at Pop Century so that I could stay in a 1 bedroom at Old Key West during the same time period for my first trip "Home" and am paying for the dining plan out of pocket. Cost wise, the two trips are nearly identical.

I AM happy for those who got the upgrade--what a dream come true. It's just that I'm desperatly trying not to be jealous. Maybe I would have been offered the free upgrade as well and could have banked my points to have a really cool trip next year. Of course, it's just as likely not, but it makes you think. :rolleyes1

Same thing here! My sister and I booked two rooms on the free food plan over labor day at Pop, we were the first to book on the opening day for Disney Visa Card Holders. However, after debating over the resorts, we are DVC members, we decided to cancel the free dining and use our points over at SS.

I feel the same way. We are staying in a studio and many people got upgraded to a one bedroom, I only wish we would have held on a little longer and kept our free dining to see if we would have been offered this and kept our points for next year:guilty:

We are happy for all the upgrades don't get me wrong, just wish the magic would come this way:goodvibes

Some people are just luckier than others.....I wish I was that lucky. Hopefully the positive attitude will send some pixie dust my way:flower3:

I am not upset in the least about the free upgrades.

We are booked for ASMU for August 26 - Sept 7th with free dining. I was just thinking this morning that I bet we did not get the upgrade to Saratoga or OKW since we ARE DVC members and maybe they are giving the upgrades to Non DVC people as an incentive to buy into DVC. I would have loved an upgrade to Saratoga since we have never stayed there. If we liked it this might have been an incentive for us to add on there!!! Oh well.

Does this effect WHERE DVS members are located during their visit? We made ressies right at the 7 mos mark (we own at BWV and are going there next week. Checked in at 9 AM Sunday (wasn't expecting room to be ready- so no flames)....we had requested either the Springs or Congress Park. Told that the ONLY available rooms were in Carousel or Paddock. We are currently in the Paddock- near the quiet pool and a bus stop but far away from the main pool and a long walk away from DTD.

I know that requests are only requests, but it seems that DVC members (and especially owners of SSR, as I heard others complaining at the quiet pool) should get priority in their requests. Do you think all the upgrades might be affecting this- or is SSR really just that busy?

I have never had an upgrade but never have expected one or felt left out by not getting one. For all those that received upgrades, good on you!! All of us that signed up for DVC knew they rarely upgrade DVC rooms, and we know of the restrictions and planning that goes into the deal.

I guess I do not understand why folks feel like they own more of the Kingdom than those paying rack rates? (I type this as my visa bill shows up with the $16,000 payment for my initial purchase). :)

Does this effect WHERE DVS members are located during their visit? We made ressies right at the 7 mos mark (we own at BWV and are going there next week. Checked in at 9 AM Sunday (wasn't expecting room to be ready- so no flames)....we had requested either the Springs or Congress Park. Told that the ONLY available rooms were in Carousel or Paddock. We are currently in the Paddock- near the quiet pool and a bus stop but far away from the main pool and a long walk away from DTD.

I know that requests are only requests, but it seems that DVC members (and especially owners of SSR, as I heard others complaining at the quiet pool) should get priority in their requests. Do you think all the upgrades might be affecting this- or is SSR really just that busy?

The free upgrades from values to OKW/SSR are for check-in dates between 8/26-9/02. Unless there were some other upgrades offered previously, I think it could just be that SSR is really busy.

This is JMHO. But I think that they should upgrade all DVC members staying in studios to 1bdr's and have all the people who booked the values upgraded to studios. This way the DVC members will have less to complain about and the people in the values still get an upgrade and free dining.

Also I think that DVC member should get a little more. We've made a bigger commitment than most.

This is JMHO. But I think that they should upgrade all DVC members staying in studios to 1bdr's and have all the people who booked the values upgraded to studios. This way the DVC members will have less to complain about and the people in the values still get an upgrade and free dining.

Also I think that DVC member should get a little more. We've made a bigger commitment than most.

So why should DVC members get upgraded to one bedrooms? We got upgraded to a one bedroom once when we were paying cash. Maybe others paying cash will be upgraded to one bedrooms instead of studios.

But if you are paying points, you get what you pay for.

You won't need to take that boat ride from SSR to DTD. It's just a short walk over to the Marketplace. And if you do choose to ride the boat, it'll take about 5 minutes to get to DTD from SSR (unless you take the long ride to DTD to SSR to OKW to SSR to DTD).

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

I always like your advice, and look forward to more of it !!!

I think it's just like any other upgrade. They're trying to get you interested.

Last month we stayed at the BC, booked standard and we were upgraded to concierge. Had what had to be one of the best views. We would never have paid the extra 2 or 3 hundred a night for it, but now, my husband loved it, next time he'll think twice probably pay it.

I'm sure that people on the floor paid full price and we got the same thing.

I think if you get more traffic at SSR, it can only help sales. And if you give them the a 1 bedroom even more icing on the cake.

I hope everyone who got the upgrade enjoys it!!!!!

So why should DVC members get upgraded to one bedrooms? We got upgraded to a one bedroom once when we were paying cash. Maybe others paying cash will be upgraded to one bedrooms instead of studios.

But if you are paying points, you get what you pay for.

Then with that logic, if you're paying cash you should only get what you pay for.

Disney is filling rooms they normally would not rent at this time and may have a family become interested in DVC so they are making $ they would not have?

What beneifit does Dinsey get from upgrading a DVC member?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter